Sponsored

Owners: do you have MIC top roof rattle?

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i only lurk here and i'm not sure if you work for Ford or what but i've owned many many Ford's since 1997 and most have been poor quality.

97 Cobra - weak transmission, interior was god awful
2000 Mustang V6 - total mistake purchase - same awful interior and even worse drivetrain
2001 Cobra - dreaded weak spark plugs. popped a plug on #7. Never ran right after
2007 Mustang GT - This car was actually solid. I miss it and beyond some low quality choices, I had zero issues.
2016/2017 Mustang GT - both had horrible body panel fitment and interior rattles. Buggy Sync software. First was a base car, the second a fully loaded at 47k.
2016 Ford Edge Sport - Sunroof rattled constantly. Hatch rattled. Cyl #5 started burning oil and fouling plugs.
2019 Ford Edge ST - Same stupid sunroof rattled. Crappy trans tuning on the 8spd. Horrible fake engine noise.
2020 Ranger XLT - Luckily no rattles, but the hood, fender, bed panel gap is horrendous. I mean the hood literally sits 1/4" off on the passenger side. I have a horrible shudder at take off and an annoying vibration at 70ish that other Ranger owners are dealing with.

So don't start spouting Ford this and Ford that. They are a cost cutting company that offers awesome vehicles on paper, but in practice usually have glaring problems.

Let's not bring up the 2011 to 2020 Getrag Manuals in Mustangs.
Or the Explorers getting bought back with failed 10R60 transmissions. The same transmissions in the Bronco. :0
I applaud your persistence. Had I experienced a track record like that, I'd probably not even be on this forum that talks about a Ford.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went back out and checked why it was so noisy on the road and I owe Ford an apology.. it was a problem with my Arb single stage compressor mount this entire time!
Of all the blah blah on here your post bothered me the most, thanks for the clarification!

Side note, when a thread asks a question can we limit responses to those who can answer the question? Yeah, I just violated this rule.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could not disagree more. They don't like to build junk at Ford. They take extreme pride in any product that the UAW assemblers put their hands on. This mentality is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by any of us, I assure you. We are a high end manufacturer, in fact they all follow our lead. This pig don't fly!!! Land Rover was about to go under till FORD revived them and then sold them back!! GTFOH We don't accept this characterization! Fit and Finish should and will rival any manufacturer!!! I can not tell you how upset this makes me.
actually this will be my seventh new purchased ford. i have actually purchased nine in my life. i am not saying there is a defective product coming form ford. what i am saying is there are many who have unrealistic expectations of what is a motor vehicle. there is a difference in finish. ford and lincoln are examples. the ford products are not finished as well as the lincoln. higher quality materials are used in the lincoln for quieter, plusher, more comfortable driving experiences. this comes at a price, the lincoln is more expensive than the ford it shares a platform with. if you were actually reading my posts they are more directed towards the internet trolls who are spending time trashing your work product. you may GFY for speaking to an actual customer the way you have. because unlike many here i have an actual order for my vehicle. i have placed a $5500.00 deposit on my purchase, the remainder of which will be paid on arrival.

previous ford products owned:
1980 mercury capri rs turbo used
1989 f-150 used
1999 mustang new
2002 ranger edge new
2003 ranger edge new
2005 mustang gt new
2006 f-150 new
2007 ranger fx4 off road new
(2021 ford bronco) on order

so Dr Detroit, keep talking shit, i have been a customer for over 35 years.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of all the blah blah on here your post bothered me the most, thanks for the clarification!

Side note, when a thread asks a question can we limit responses to those who can answer the question? Yeah, I just violated this rule.
Yeah man no problem. We’ll get right on changing the behavior of the entire user base so you feel more comfortable. Seems reasonable.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah man no problem. We’ll get right on changing the behavior of the entire user base so you feel more comfortable. Seems reasonable.
What I meant was your post was valid and the clarification excellent. You had direct experience with the question asked. Others argue endlessly about whether rattles are OK or not without answering the question.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I meant was your post was valid and the clarification excellent. You had direct experience with the question asked. Others argue endlessly about whether rattles are OK or not without answering the question.
Oh yeah I know man sorry, that came off really snarky accidentally. It was meant as a quip.

I meant to say that people will be people, right or wrong.

Sorry again!

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
actually this will be my seventh new purchased ford. i have actually purchased nine in my life. i am not saying there is a defective product coming form ford. what i am saying is there are many who have unrealistic expectations of what is a motor vehicle. there is a difference in finish. ford and lincoln are examples. the ford products are not finished as well as the lincoln. higher quality materials are used in the lincoln for quieter, plusher, more comfortable driving experiences. this comes at a price, the lincoln is more expensive than the ford it shares a platform with. if you were actually reading my posts they are more directed towards the internet trolls who are spending time trashing your work product. you may GFY for speaking to an actual customer the way you have. because unlike many here i have an actual order for my vehicle. i have placed a $5500.00 deposit on my purchase, the remainder of which will be paid on arrival.

1989 f-150 used
1999 mustang new
2002 ranger edge new
2003 ranger edge new
2005 mustang gt new
2006 f-150 new

who is talking shit? Did I offend you somehow by saying I disagree? I still disagree with you, the luxury brands should not be build better because they are luxury...the quality should be the same. I am glad you are a customer, your expectations are very low. Our expectations for our customers are a much much higher standard than that. Sorry that offends you.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

1989 f-150 used
1999 mustang new
2002 ranger edge new
2003 ranger edge new
2005 mustang gt new
2006 f-150 new

i just caught that Mercury Capri turbo, I had that same ride in black, man those were the days. But hey you can GFY if you think I am going to kiss your ass because you bought a Ford for years..

I m not. WOn't, Don't have to. Maybe you should reread what I wrote. It wasn't a slam on you,I just disagree strongly with you and still do. DO not care what you buy...I care about what I make..GFY again.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i just caught that Mercury Capri turbo, I had that same ride in black, man those were the days. But hey you can GFY if you think I am going to kiss your ass because you bought a Ford for years..

I m not. WOn't, Don't have to. Maybe you should reread what I wrote. It wasn't a slam on you,I just disagree strongly with you and still do. DO not care what you buy...I care about what I make..GFY again.
once again i was not criticizing the build quality, i was telling a bunch of whiners they should consider buying a rolling hunk of dynomat (land rover) if they expect one of these cars to be fully isolated from noises, most notably from an undetermined location. you may disagree with me, but i have not called out build quality. YOU are the one who specifically told me to "GTFOH' which i translated to you telling me to get the fuck out of here. at which point i advised you to GFY which i was translating into go fuck yourself. i stand by my assessment of the situation and willingly reiterate my point...

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
once again i was not criticizing the build quality, i was telling a bunch of whiners they should consider buying a rolling hunk of dynomat (land rover) if they expect one of these cars to be fully isolated from noises, most notably from an undetermined location. you may disagree with me, but i have not called out build quality. YOU are the one who specifically told me to "GTFOH' which i translated to you telling me to get the fuck out of here. at which point i advised you to GFY which i was translating into go fuck yourself. i stand by my assessment of the situation and willingly reiterate my point...
GTFOH was not referring to you specifically, just that mentality!

"Because it is a "Ford" product and not a "Lincoln" product customers should expect less."

I still disagree, and I did not tell you to GFY, that would personal. Your assessment was off on that or maybe the way i stated it threw you off. I was not attacking you personally, I was saying no way is any of it ok with us. Some of us are on here to learn if we need to make adjustments in assembly or if issues from assembly show up here. We can learn , share the information with our co workers and do a better job tomorrow. However, the issues are beyond our control with this top and it just sucks being in this position. We are never ever going to accept lower quality standards on anything we build. That is what makes us who we are.

I agree, lots of whiners on here. MOst are just dudes or ladies who want their truck. I really don't blame them much. However, this issue is not whining. It is legit. The tops are an issue whether Ford made them or not. We assemble them and do not like assembling crap. Some of these tops are crap and does not give us confidence that we are building the absolute best!! 3 days in the sun and you can see thru the top?!? The edges are not finished? I can't even!

I hope you understand, it's more than the paycheck, it's pride. Sorry I miscommunicated.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

GTFOH was not referring to you specifically, just that mentality!

"Because it is a "Ford" product and not a "Lincoln" product customers should expect less."

I still disagree, and I did not tell you to GFY, that would personal. Your assessment was off on that or maybe the way i stated it threw you off. I was not attacking you personally, I was saying no way is any of it ok with us. Some of us are on here to learn if we need to make adjustments in assembly or if issues from assembly show up here. We can learn , share the information with our co workers and do a better job tomorrow. However, the issues are beyond our control with this top and it just sucks being in this position. We are never ever going to accept lower quality standards on anything we build. That is what makes us who we are.

I agree, lots of whiners on here. MOst are just dudes or ladies who want their truck. I really don't blame them much. However, this issue is not whining. It is legit. The tops are an issue whether Ford made them or not. We assemble them and do not like assembling crap. Some of these tops are crap and does not give us confidence that we are building the absolute best!! 3 days in the sun and you can see thru the top?!? The edges are not finished? I can't even!

I hope you understand, it's more than the paycheck, it's pride. Sorry I miscommunicated.
i wish you luck in the resolution of the production problems. i am one of those old guys who does not panic if there is a problem. i search for a proper resolution. there is a difference in the sedate tame manners of a luxury vehicle. there is also the joy and visceral experience of driving a performance car. rarely do those two experiences find themselves in the same vehicle. it is my honest belief not too many people understand those aspects of owning vehicles. the mannerisms of my 05 porsch boxster s, was quite different to my 00 mazda miata with a supercharger. one was a refined insanely fast machine made to drive at speeds north of the triple digit make. the other was a noisy growling mass which was on the edge of uncontrollability with every shift and push to the gas pedal. when someone simply says a rattle, and cannot accurately describe it as coming from the passenger side rear door when the back window is down, i discount their complaint as them being too lazy to really assess if there is a design or assembly flaw or they left a fork in the glass bowl from their lunch on the rear floorboard. i listen for rattles and such on my vehicles. my drawbars in my trailer hitch are wrapped in electrical tape so they don't rattle going over bumps. i have in my experience found there are typically simple resolutions to to these "catastrophes", but quickly in a forum go completely f-ing insane...

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
i wish you luck in the resolution of the production problems. i am one of those old guys who does not panic if there is a problem. i search for a proper resolution. there is a difference in the sedate tame manners of a luxury vehicle. there is also the joy and visceral experience of driving a performance car. rarely do those two experiences find themselves in the same vehicle. it is my honest belief not too many people understand those aspects of owning vehicles. the mannerisms of my 05 porsch boxster s, was quite different to my 00 mazda miata with a supercharger. one was a refined insanely fast machine made to drive at speeds north of the triple digit make. the other was a noisy growling mass which was on the edge of uncontrollability with every shift and push to the gas pedal. when someone simply says a rattle, and cannot accurately describe it as coming from the passenger side rear door when the back window is down, i discount their complaint as them being too lazy to really assess if there is a design or assembly flaw or they left a fork in the glass bowl from their lunch on the rear floorboard. i listen for rattles and such on my vehicles. my drawbars in my trailer hitch are wrapped in electrical tape so they don't rattle going over bumps. i have in my experience found there are typically simple resolutions to to these "catastrophes", but quickly in a forum go completely f-ing insane...
I can not argue these points . what was your favorite the Porsche or the Miata

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can not argue these points . what was your favorite the Porsche or the Miata
it is hard to really say which was may favorite. the porsche was the apex of refinement, combined with unbelievable capability. but the thought of bottoming out and eating a 10k transaxle was terrifying. by the same token, being able to thrash a sub 2500# car with 200+ hp and a mountain of midrange torque is an experience to behold. people used to ask how fast can i go in the porsche, my response was always below the speed limit because of the horrible roads in new orleans. i am an enthusiast, i was an auto mechanic and was building engines before i had a drivers license. i spent 8 years in the army as a crew chief on blackhawks and hueys, add on 8 years as an aviation mechanic. since then i have been playing with completely different cars. from my 93 wrangler, trd tacoma, porsches, alfa romeos, miatas, fiats.... i have owned over 25 cars, of which i have done all the work on other than body and paint. i have a fascination with machines and since retirement, i still have the interest... older, fatter, and slower, but but still completely competent...

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I applaud your persistence. Had I experienced a track record like that, I'd probably not even be on this forum that talks about a Ford.
I've had bad experiences with Jeep, Toyota, and Subaru.

I had a 2012 WRX that of all gears 5th synchro kept grinding. After 3 fixes by the dealer they finally fixed it. But then ruined 4th. It kept popping out of gear. Dealer told me to pound sand because i had a STI transmission bracket and not the mushy WRX installed. Oh and a CAI. They wouldn't touch it until i returned it to stock. Subaru of America never responded. Swore them off after that.

I traded that for a '12 FJ Cruiser. No major issues but it was very uncomfortable. After 2 years the driver seat felt like it wasn't bolted to the floor and was what i could only call felt loose.

I had a 15 4Runner that was fine, but just poorly designed. Gutless engine, and horrible mileage.

I had a 17 Tacoma that was god awful. Worst drivetrain tuning ever. Buggy radio was the biggest pet peeve. It may have been reliable, but it was a hot mess of reliability. I'll never understand people's hard ons for those things.

Surprisingly my '10 Jeep Wrangler JK gave me zero issues. It was gutless but better than the 4Runner or Tacoma. Other than that it was solid. I should have kept it.
Sponsored