Sponsored

Anybody else getting over the initial hype?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a feeling this will be the big downer for everyone. We're all dreaming of adding the Packages and building a dream Bronco. But once the pricing is released I think a lot of dreams will be crushed and the excitement will be over. I hope I'm wrong.
Same... I see post where folks are listing all the options they are going to add and am like :oops:

I'm only looking at a hardtop, tow package, and maybe a roof rack and I'm worried about the price.

The folks adding sasquatch, lux, and a bunch of other little things might be in for a surprise.

I'm still pumped. Moreso than I was at reservation. My truck is slowly falling apart and I can't wait to replace it.
Sponsored

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had my platinum F-150 for 11 years. Buying a 60k vehicle is no big deal when you keep them forever. That's my plan and that's my rational.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am 100% still hyped. I am fully committed to the Bronco, Iā€˜ve wanted an EB since I was 16 (1986) and could never afford to make it happen.

I worked hard to get where I am and now I can afford the modern version of my dream. I am out of my mind excited!

However, I am also a realist and kind of cheap, so if the Bronco pricing creeps into the uncomfortable zone I will adjust accordingly and get less options or a lower trim level.

My current truck doesnā€™t have lockers, back up camera, wash out interior, BLIS, fancy stereo, modular roof, off road suspension, traction control, or anything and I have really enjoyed it.

Even the lower SPEC models will have so much more capability and comfort/convenience then I am used to.

The dream is alive and I for one will not let it die.

ā€Over the hypeā€? Hardly, my dream is going to happen, itā€™s like a Disney Movie meets Moab.

Zraver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Pathfindet, 85 300zx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It really seems like it would be better for me to get a house first, I've wasted too many years renting. lol
With mortgage interest as low as it is if you don't house a house you will screw yourself financially for literally decades to come.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be interesting to see how the pricing and financing options look. I assume the Outerbanks model, V6 Hardtop with a rear locker will come in about $52k. Almost exactly the same as my 2018 F150. Difference is, with all the incentives and the .25% lease finance charge, I have just been leasing a new truck every 2 years with a very low payment. I actually planned to buy the one I have now (2.7, sport, 3.55 gears, electronic locker). Bottom line, I am just as excited as ever about my Bronco (this will be my 4th) but I am curious about pricing and options to lease. Just so nice to get 2 years to evaluate a vehicle and turn it in if itā€™s not what I want or has issues.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still excited but admittedly slightly less than 3 weeks ago. Wish Ford trickled more information or even media over time. Apparently some embargoes drop this week so Iā€™m excited to reinvigorate my hype!

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If anything, my excitement is growing geometrically each week. For me, this is unusual. I tend to be very disciplined when it comes to my finances and my feelings toward depreciating assets. I began this journey on July 13 realizing Ford did a superb job with marketing the Bronco in their initial release video/documents. I still needed a vehicle and placed a reservation on July 14 after I slept on the idea. I tend to view my vehicles as an appliance. Crafted to a specific set of identified needs. A Bronco would satisfy my needs. Then I discovered Bronco6g!

Bronco6g has helped me see a whole new world. The Bronco started to develop a personality. Goofy little things like Trail Turn Assist and the Easter Egg in the rear glass elicited feelings of endearment. I watched the video on the restoration of a 1966 Bronco by Jay Leno and suddenly exterior color had meaning. I read and participate in the Bronco6g threads with a feeling of awe and joy.

As a true measure of my excitement, I have upped by financial limit in advance of the Build/Price release. It harkens back to the days when I was little and would walk into the corner store to buy penny candy. I knew not to walk into the store without at least 10 cents in my pocket.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Anybody else getting over the initial hype?"

No, next question.

Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm only interested in the 2 door. So I'm glad they brought that back, but....

It's more niche than I thought it was going to be. I'd like if the Bronco Sport was the same exact body style of the Bronco but with much more basic equipment. The Bronco II comes to mind. Something without a turbo and might actually get 25MPG - but still look like a bronco. I'm realistically not going to be doing anything off-road that I couldn't or wouldn't do with a stock 66 Bronco. Regardless of capabilities I'm just not going to thrash a $50,000 rig.

As for looks, I like it, but it's also a little too much of a Lego. It actually looks more like a Scout, than a first gen Bronco. It's fat. I love the old Scouts too, so that's not a bad thing.

The biggest frustration is that you cant get a manual with the V6 - which I think is possibly a perfect engine for this machine. I'd take a the 2.7 over the 3.5 or a 5.0. I'd like to see the 3.0 though.

Anyway, I guess what I'm really thinking about now is why I don't just drop $30k - $50k on a first gen Bronco, or bank for a few years and get an ICON.

Never mind, I'm going to buy a 2 door Badlands with a V6, high package.

Maybe...

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know I'm comparing apples and oranges but I find myself wondering how I could spend $50k on a new Bronco when I could get a mid-engine Corvette for $20k more. So yes, the hype is dwindling for me.
Iā€™m not going to lie Iā€™ve been saying the same thing except about the GT350. Have my C6 vette and probably will never buy another so going Shelby route next time. The further Ford delays this the more people will scratch that itch by going with another vehicle instead of Bronco

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm actually glad there's a prolonged wait. I'm a very practical/frugal person and typically very conscious of my financial decisions. I'd normally think buying a $40K vehicle is for rich or dumb people. But then I saw the Bronco. And put in a reservation. So the wait gives me time to save cash, AND it gives me, the extreme over-analyzer, plenty of time to think and re-think. So if after 12 months I'm STILL lusting after it, despite it being totally unnecessary, less practical, and more expensive than any car I've ever bought, then dammit I'm gonna YOLO and buy that MF.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. If anything the more I see the more upset I get. I want to own it already! Tired of dreaming!

Ford Bronco Anybody else getting over the initial hype? skyword-image-251457
I might like this. Ford made a real big deal about not having a center cross bar (roll bar) for "sky views" or whatever, but then incased the whole thing with an ugly ass cage. I'd prefer this. Pop of the front panel, and pop off the back cap. The roll bar only effects the rear seat passengers, and who buys a vehicle based on them?

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm actually glad there's a prolonged wait. I'm a very practical/frugal person and typically very conscious of my financial decisions. I'd normally think buying a $40K vehicle is for rich or dumb people. But then I saw the Bronco. And put in a reservation. So the wait gives me time to save cash, AND it gives me, the extreme over-analyzer, plenty of time to think and re-think. So if after 12 months I'm STILL lusting after it, despite it being totally unnecessary, less practical, and more expensive than any car I've ever bought, then dammit I'm gonna YOLO and buy that MF.
Im the exact opposite in the sense that I'm terrible with my finances. This gives me a good financial 'test'. Done a very good job so far (I know, only been a few weeks) not to eat out or spend money on stuff I don't need.

I've given myself checkpoints on how much to save to 'allow' myself to purchase the Bronco. Around 30% by order date, and I plan to put down 65% when I get it!
Sponsored