First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 - Isuzu NPR HD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No buyers remorse very happy. We have oxford white two door and I do think the green is very sharp. Not saying I would change but I think about it sometime.

David196

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Didn't have buyers remorse.
We were able to have our Bronco for an extended trial, after I orginally turned it down. I personally didn't love it, I liked it, but was far from 100% sold on it. My wife had a difficult time shifting it. Pedal reach without being cramped next to the steering wheel. Not really family friendly. If you think it is you never shopped around for family friendly vehicles. Family more than 4, not going to be practical, if you think it is, your probably not really doing anything with the family.
My opinion, the vehicle is really okay only.
Everyone on here is going to think otherwise because they ordered or owned one.

We turned the vehicle down. Dealership called us over the next few days to purchase it, allocation formula, so we did and resold it.

Regret not having a fun toy, yes.

Not regretting having to use this daily for a family of 5.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure you probably know this - but use a local credit union / bank. My credit union approved my loan app and locked the rate for 90 days.
Thanks!

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For the record, I live in Atlanta. Not a suburb ā€œofā€ Atlanta, but in Atlanta. nothing rural here. Now see whoā€™s making assumptions? ;)

It isnā€™t about superiority or whatever point youā€™re trying to make, itā€™s that literally EVERY damn vehicle under the sun is made for a suburbanite like you.

for ONCE, a vehicle is actually made for those of us who want to get dirty that isnā€™t a Jeep, and then along comes the boneless wings crowd and jumping in front of us at that. While driving up prices and making a lot of wheelers wait behind those who are just trying to go for ice cream after soccer practice, or was it quidditch or Minecraft practice, canā€™t remember?
Man, Iā€™m not going to debate you simultaneously on your urban AND rural credentials. Not at all what Iā€™m interested in. I just think itā€™s silly to shame people for buying a vehicle, whatever the reason. And, wherever they live.

Maybe you should write a letter to Ford and tell them that you think you should be the only city-dweller allowed to own a Bronco. Should there be an application process, whereby people who live in densely populated areas need to prove that they are from the ā€œcountryā€œ or have plans to travel there frequently? Just trying to follow your logic re: who should and who shouldnā€™t feel good about owning something that they paid for.

The funny thing is, I grew up in a rural area as well. Bailed hay on my grandpaā€˜s farm. Rode four wheelers in the summer and snowmobiles in the winter. And now, because I live in a city, I am somehow keeping my foot on the neck of the ā€œlittle manā€œ who just wants to drink Buschhhhhhh light and go 4-wheeling through the mud holes of BFE? Quiet down there, keyboard warrior.

Sponsored

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't have buyers remorse.
We were able to have our Bronco for an extended trial, after I orginally turned it down. I personally didn't love it, I liked it, but was far from 100% sold on it. My wife had a difficult time shifting it. Pedal reach without being cramped next to the steering wheel. Not really family friendly. If you think it is you never shopped around for family friendly vehicles. Family more than 4, not going to be practical, if you think it is, your probably not really doing anything with the family.
My opinion, the vehicle is really okay only.
Everyone on here is going to think otherwise because they ordered or owned one.

We turned the vehicle down. Dealership called us over the next few days to purchase it, allocation formula, so we did and resold it.

Regret not having a fun toy, yes.

Not regretting having to use this daily for a family of 5.
Yeah, more than 4 and it's difficult to get around. I can see that.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, Iā€™m not going to debate you simultaneously on your urban AND rural credentials. Not at all what Iā€™m interested in. I just think itā€™s silly to shame people for buying a vehicle, whatever the reason. And, wherever they live.

Maybe you should write a letter to Ford and tell them that you think you should be the only city-dweller allowed to own a Bronco. Should there be an application process, whereby people who live in densely populated areas need to prove that they are from the ā€œcountryā€œ or have plans to travel there frequently? Just trying to follow your logic re: who should and who shouldnā€™t feel good about owning something that they paid for.

The funny thing is, I grew up in a rural area as well. Bailed hay on my grandpaā€˜s farm. Rode four wheelers in the summer and snowmobiles in the winter. And now, because I live in a city, I am somehow keeping my foot on the neck of the ā€œlittle manā€œ who just wants to drink Buschhhhhhh light and go 4-wheeling through the mud holes of BFE? Quiet down there, keyboard warrior.
The guy you're responding to is a joke. There are a lot of people on this thread that are weird gatekeepers, and it's really sad and kinda pathetic. I can play that game too, though.

If he was a true off-roader, he would build his own vehicle and not have to rely on a company as large as Ford to do it for him. Basically, he's a poser in my book. Probably likes not having a Bronco yet so that he can dump on everyone that "cut in line" in front of him. Oh, and he's pry "waited over 600 days" for a vehicle whose first production line roll-out was only 316 days ago...Math can be hard, I guess.

We can all play the "No True Scotsmen" game.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny how they want to "look" like us, but don't want to take the extra steps to actually "be" like us.

Guess we should take it as a complement that so many want to copy our style. Problem is that these guys just get in the way and drive up the cost for regular folk.

No way that a Bronco with ADM is for just the normal guy, with a normal job, who just wants to go wheelin, camping, or just needs it to get home in rural America. I'm in one of these cities with a soft job, but my roots!

Nope, it's the Atlanta, Miami, LA, etc set that are grabbing up all the Broncos, making them look stupid, or the trendy set.

Takes the Bronco out of the hands of the guys who'll use it as built, but aren't rich. Great for Ford, but it's sad really.
You're a literal parody right now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
https://tenor.com/view/hateus-theinterview-jamesfranco-gif-10105438

Kk1340

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't have buyers remorse when I ordered it for the wife, still waiting on a 2 door base. The bonus is she is paying for it.

Sponsored

acf1016

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what reason(s)? What are you doing about it?
I wouldnā€™t call it buyers remorse but I am disappointed.

I have a 2 door BLSAS and the build quality is terrible. The seals on the hard top front panels is cracking, the tailgate rattles like crazy, electrical issues, the wind noise is awful and it is already obvious that the interior is not going to hold up over time.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have also really taken a liking to the Cyber Orange and am not sure I want Cactus Gray anymore. Every bronco I see out is Cactus Gray.
Ditto. We changed from Cactus Gray to Oxford White before we got our build date for that same reason. Personally I'd prefer Race Red or Cyber Orange but the wife vetoed. With the white I plan to add some stripes or maybe a two-tone look with vinyl wrap. It's supposed to be built this week (fingers crossed).

I do worry about buyer's remorse as I expect the wife will be finicky about having the top off. Back when I bought my first-ever new car, a 1994 Miata, she came with me to pick it up (we were still dating at the time) and on the drive home she insisted I put the top up. :mad:

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
You bring up a good point about people who jumped into a Bronco and don't have a need for one. I think that Bronco owners can generally be placed into one of two categories: 1) Those who think it's trendy to have a popular SUV or off-road vehicle that can be accessorized. Here we find mall crawlers and others who just want to "be cool" with no real intention of pursuing off-road adventures. Then 2), folks who buy a Bronco specifically for off-road use. This group consists of overlanders, casual off-road hobbyists, and serious/experienced 4X4 back-country explorers/campers. There should almost be two forums. :)

By the way, not slamming the non-off-road crowd, they are of course welcome to the Bronco world and there is nothing at all wrong with that, just saying interests are different when not pursuing an off-road lifestyle.
I think there are many more than 2 categories, I'm not in either of the ones you listed.

I think there are plenty of people out there that like me grew up wanting a 1st generation Bronco just never had the chance to buy one and now that the prices have gone through the roof on them the new Bronco is a bargain.

I've always owned convertibles and really enjoy driving them with all their quirks, I've owned a couple of Jeeps, a 71 Cutlass convertible that I drove in high school, a 68 GTO convertible, and believe it or not one of my favorites is actually an Isuzu Amigo which was fun to drive due to its simplicity - no a/c, crank windows, stick - now in the process of turning it into a drag car.

Ford Bronco Anybody have Bronco buyer's remorse and why? 1650990810384

Ford Bronco Anybody have Bronco buyer's remorse and why? 1650990852818

Figure I'll drive the Bronco till the motor wears out and then I will shoehorn a V8 in it - just because.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there are many more than 2 categories, I'm not in either of the ones you listed.

I think there are plenty of people out there that like me grew up wanting a 1st generation Bronco just never had the chance to buy one and now that the prices have gone through the roof on them the new Bronco is a bargain.

I've always owned convertibles and really enjoy driving them with all their quirks, I've owned a couple of Jeeps, a 71 Cutlass convertible that I drove in high school, a 68 GTO convertible, and believe it or not one of my favorites is actually an Isuzu Amigo which was fun to drive due to its simplicity - no a/c, crank windows, stick - now in the process of turning it into a drag car.

Figure I'll drive the Bronco till the motor wears out and then I will shoehorn a V8 in it - just because.
Well, 95% of us are in the two categories (along with folks who must have 4WD in their local area) . . . people like you are rare, and transcend the status of average people on B6g. Very cool what you are doing! Ha, I might add that some of us are even living vicariously through you, it would be great to work on these types of fantastic projects. Sticking a V8 in a 1st generation Bronco "just because" is awesome . . . and an Isuzu Amigo drag car . . . fun!! Thanks for sharing.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™ve actually always wanted a Bronco II (was born in 1982 so itā€™s a ā€œclassicā€ to me!) and the prices on those have nearly doubled in the past few years. Not to mention, they arenā€™t regarded as something to ā€œcherishā€ so they end up with cut fenders and just beat up. For the price of a clean, under-100k miles Bronco II, I was already at a healthy down payment for a new bronco. Both are based on the ranger platform. Both have some serious quirks (verging on problems). But the new bronco will have a warranty and more off road capability.
Sponsored