Sponsored

Why is picking out a color so hard? Anybody else struggle?

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Medium emerald would be sick

1643751330129.png
I didn't read all 7 pages because that's crazy but I have some definite opinions on bronco colors but I'll pose some questions to get you thinking.

#1 - if you were buying a jeep what color you you get?

#2 - if you were buying a corvette what color would you get?

#3 - ferrari, what color would you get?

#4 - range rover defender, what color would you get?

#5 - land cruiser fj40, what color would you get?

#6 - VW bus, what color?

What is exactly is the Bronco to you, just another car, or something a little more special?

If I was buying a jeep it would be sahara green that the offered in the 90's.

If i was getting a corvertte I'd probably get yellow.

Ferrari would be red, defender would be british racing green, and FJ40 would be a bright rust brown/almost orange, VW bus definitely powder blue.

None of them would be grey, white, black, and any shade in between. 80% of vehicles on the road are somewhere between white-grey-black.

Is your Bronco among the 80% generic other vehicles on the road or something else?

Good luck!
Sponsored

BIg B. Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What a roller coaster I've been on trying to pick a color. I originally started with Carb Gray. But since I am coming from a dark gray CX-5, I wanted something "more fun" so I changed it to Rapid Red. Ford says, not so fast.... pick something else. ok..... So then I started going back and forth between Eruption Green and Cactus Gray and have been torn since.

Now, I'm thinking of coming full circle back to to Carb Gray. I want it to look bad ass even with the OBX - MIC -SAS. I am definitely going to powdercoat the wheel rings black. Anybody else struggle this hard? I am going to hang on to this one for 10 years so I want to make sure it's right and I can't make up my damn mind.

Some pics I grabbed off this site for inspiration:
View attachment 257918
View attachment 257919
View attachment 257921
I started with the bright Blue but that was too close to the color I have on my Explorer. I wanted something different. Then I though about Area 51, then about Red or White, finally decided on Cactus Gray. Then Eruption Green made me think a minute before I decided to stay with Cactus Gray. Yeah, it was hard picking a color:

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really couldn't decide for so long and now that it isn't available anymore I'm 100% sure I want antimatter blue

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I really couldn't decide for so long and now that it isn't available anymore I'm 100% sure I want antimatter blue
It's so hard to choose, they're all so cool! I hope you get the color you want. :)

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Send me a picture of yourself and I'll know your color! :)

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm still having a hard time with my CG decision. My neighbor and close friend ordered the Carbon Gray and really don't want to get the same color but I keep looking at it online and thinking of changing it. I really want to see the CG in person to help me 100% decide on it but for now will stay with the CG.

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can empathize for sure. It took me a good two months to finally decide on Cactus Gray. I drove through the dealer to look at a Ranger in CG about 25 times trying to make up my mind. It's truly a chameleon color and changes depending on lighting conditions, even different in morning sun vs afternoon sun. That said, I'm very happy I went with Cactus Gray. Area 51 was also considered as was white. I knew I wanted a flat, non-metallic color having had several vehicles in metallic silver or gray I was ready for a change. My advice would be to try and see a Bronco in person in the color you are considering, and in different lighting conditions including sunny and overcast, morning and evening. Another Ford in the color would be second best, as in my case.

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What a roller coaster I've been on trying to pick a color. I originally started with Carb Gray. But since I am coming from a dark gray CX-5, I wanted something "more fun" so I changed it to Rapid Red. Ford says, not so fast.... pick something else. ok..... So then I started going back and forth between Eruption Green and Cactus Gray and have been torn since.

Now, I'm thinking of coming full circle back to to Carb Gray. I want it to look bad ass even with the OBX - MIC -SAS. I am definitely going to powdercoat the wheel rings black. Anybody else struggle this hard? I am going to hang on to this one for 10 years so I want to make sure it's right and I can't make up my damn mind.

View attachment 257918
View attachment 257919
View attachment 257921
I've been pretty much set on Area 51 since I first saw it. I still love it now and get a LOT of compliments. That said, I did see the Iconic Silver at the Bronco Off Rodeo in Vegas and it looked beautiful! If we didn't already have a silver Honda I may have jumped.

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2.1.22 Update: I've now seen a HPR Bronco on the highway. WOW! I mean... what the hell man? Stop playing with my emotions like this! I've also been picked for production on week 3.28. Dealer says If I need to make a change to color, he needs to know now! LOL

View attachment 257918
View attachment 257919
View attachment 257921
Women really like the cyber orange. And I like women. Best choice

Sponsored
OP
OP
niterider006

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SO just an update: I've now seen a HPR Bronco on the highway. WOW! I mean... what the hell man? Stop playing with my emotions like this! I've also been picked for production on week 3.28. Dealer says If I need to make a change to color, he needs to know now! LOL

It looked like this wildtrak:
Ford Bronco Why is picking out a color so hard?  Anybody else struggle? 1643767193379

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This thread couldn't be more relevant to my Bronco build woes... I loved Antimatter Blue but it's gone now... Considering Velocity Blue Metallic but fear it may be a bit vibrant for me. Wishing that Ford did national tours like Corvette did with the C8 to have all colors on display in one place. (Kinda hard with their color swapping though...)

Looking at the potential 2023 colors here I wonder about the Blue Diamond Metallic becoming available.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was full on Team Cyber Orange since day one. But since I don't see how I'll get this thing for a while I have time to rethink. And the metallic green looks fantastic. I'm not one to be wishy-washy, but I might switch to green.

CO pros: It's bright. If you are lost in the wilderness (especially here in the green PNW) you will be easily found... from space.

EG pros: Wife likes the green. :giggle:

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SO just an update: I've now seen a HPR Bronco on the highway. WOW! I mean... what the hell man? Stop playing with my emotions like this! I've also been picked for production on week 3.28. Dealer says If I need to make a change to color, he needs to know now! LOL

It looked like this wildtrak:
Ford Bronco Why is picking out a color so hard?  Anybody else struggle? 1643767193379
Wow I picked cyber orange and I like it, get a lot of positive remarks from folks. But this is the color I had always invisioned. Time for a trade in.🤣

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's easier to order what YOU want, forget about what anyone else thinks.
Sponsored