Sponsored

Anyone else considering trading for the next-gen 4Runner?

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that I’m interested in a 4Runner, but on your one point- “archaic infotainment system”- my badlands has had a black screen of death for 3 months and counting out of the 1 year I’ve owned it 😮💨 I’d take archaic over completely non-functional at this point 😂
That is awful! I guess I’ve been lucky so far. My BL has been absolutely flawless with over one year and almost 20k miles (knocking on wood).

NinjahGoose

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've owned my 4Runner for 11 years and it's never given me an issue. If Toyota wasn't so tight lipped on release date expectations I would probably hold out to see what they have to offer on the next generation. As it stands now, the rumors are that the next 4Runner isn't going to be released until 2025, that's just too long for me. There's a new rumor that they're going to release a US spec land cruiser made in the US and only for the US in 2023 or 2024.

To those that say the Bronco and 4Runner aren't in the same class, what world are you living in? They both are off-road oriented vehicles with IFS and solid rear axle. The Wrangler, Bronco and 4Runner are all competing for the same category of buyers.

Sponsored

Kayphix

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Traded in a 2021 Power Wagon for a Bronco and haven't looked back. I still got my 99 Land Cruiser with 247k miles on it. While I love the long term reliability of the Land Cruiser, the Bronco is way more fun.

Bronco_43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 91 Beretta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is awful! I guess I’ve been lucky so far. My BL has been absolutely flawless with over one year and almost 20k miles (knocking on wood).
It is getting to be disheartening. Basically for 25% of the life of my vehicle now, I’ve been driving in silence with a black screen and unable to use any of these cameras, or other features I’m paying for. And, Ford Canada does not know how to fix it- even though I’ve clearly read a million times on this forum, it’s likely the APIM. They’ve offered me a full refund, and I can order a new one. Priced that out, and a base model now is only $15 cheaper a month than my badlands- that has a whopping 9000 miles- dead screen for 1/4 of those miles.

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As most said her, depends on your need. With three rows, maybe for our other car, but the key aspects of the Bronco for me were soft top and removable doors. It's my daily driver, but its also my "fun" car. If I was a one car dad I could see benefits of the 4runner as well as other cars but in my opinion Bronco/Wrangler are in a very specific niche class. I drop my top far more often than I go off road.

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm a huge Toyota and 4Runner fan, but their latest trucks have been a bit of a mess. The current gen Tacoma has been a dumpster fire from the start and Toyota has made almost no attempt to address it's many issues. Tacoma reliability has been rated poorly for years but they continue to cruise on the previous gens reputation. I've seen lots of serious issues with the new Tundra's as well. They let old products fester for too long and now they have to make quantum leaps to catch up to other manufacturers. That's not how Toyota was designed to operate.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Wrangler, Bronco and 4Runner are all competing for the same category of buyers.
Honestly, after waiting over 18 months with zero word on my Base, I was days away from ordering an Eruption Green Mustang.

Bronco competes with Mustang (2-door, stick shift), not a wheezy 4 door with an antiquated 5-speed auto (4Runner)

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 21 4R and a 2dr BadManSqatch, they don't compare.

Not in capability, performance, ride, handling, comfort, build quality. It's a mixed bag between them.

IMHO, they are in two different markets. Now if you were to maybe compare a non SAS OBX with a rear locker...

The one thing that really stands out is that with 15k on the 4R there is not a single squeak, rattle or clunk.

At 2k my Bronco can sound like there is a bunch of loose old nuts and bolts in it.
Sponsored