Sponsored

Anyone else feel like Ford is doing this all wrong?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t speak for anyone else but I have a base four door reserved. I don’t want to spend over 40k. I also don’t know how much 2.7 and Sasquatch and other accessories are going to cost. No one does. There’s a rough estimate but until B&P drops, no one knows.

this is a bronco forum so I get it, people here are buying it because it’s a bronco.

I’m interested because the new defender failed my expectations, from price to unibody to space. So I looked elsewhere. Now there’s deals on Tacoma’s Tundras, 4runners, and occasionally jeeps.

So yes, I’d like the B&P now because I don’t want to potentially miss good opportunities on vehicles I can use for overlanding.
You don’t sound like you’re very sold on the Bronco if you’re still shopping it against the competitors vehicles. Fords rollout isn’t ideal but the car still isn’t coming until next summer. It really should be called a 2022 Bronco but they’re sticking to their 2021 I guess. I understand your point as you want to stay under 40K but damn you’re almost 35K with DD. I can’t envision you being under 40K, especially with an upgraded engine and upgraded tires and lift.

I don’t care much about most of the packages so I can get why you want it. I want it too so I can plan better but i’m buying it no matter what.
Sponsored

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Build & price should've been live the second the Bronco was revealed

Especially since it was delayed a couple of months
I have read many of the comments and agreed with many of them. I think Ford is learning there way through this and would certainly have some "Do Overs". As far as I can tell there seems to be little interest in Bronco Sport, so why not put all you efforts into the real deal, the real Bronco. They seem to be doing a much better on the second sting team, Bronco Sport. Who cares?

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Mach-E has a B&P but it's not 100%.

For example the GT will have a performance pack, but no one really knows what's exactly included and for how much.

Yes you can build out the battery packs, but even those details are going to be ironed out (range/capacity etc).

So I think that's why we don't have a B&P with the Bronco because there are SO many options and possibly have supply chain issues, pricing issues, and Ford wants to solidify this before giving people the option.

This will be the first Ford I'm buying new, and the Bronco's options are confusing. Now it's doable and obviously I can figure it out, but its not clear.

So I believe Ford just doesn't have all the info solidified yet, so there's no point in going full force with marketing if its not set in stone.

----

In the meantime, they are doing what all companies, like tech, gaming are doing: relying on "leaks", doing public pop-up events etc...

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are keeping their cards close and playing them very carefully for a reason. What you know, and what you will find out are still miles apart. This is going to be a huge part of fords future. They know it too.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As has been pointed out by others, nobody is in any way saying not to plan ahead or not to know what you're getting into.

You know the base price, and we have a potential ballpark figure for the major options. Just estimate at the high end and if it winds up being over, you have extra.
That's a great general way to look at it. Of course we know general ballpark, but I'm not talking about general ballpark. ?

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, you just seem to be the only one who is unable to do that without to the dollar amount cost. You already know the MSRP of each vehicle and the likely cost of the packages so what’s such a surprise here? I haven’t had any issues with saving money or financially planning my future and what i could afford as a payment.

How do you ever plan a vacation in advance, do you scream at Southwest that you need the flight prices for next year?
Yeah, I'm "the only one". My posts in this forum seem super aggressive to you? As if I'm a person who would scream at another individual...or fly on Southwest? Please find someone else to fake scold. I already have a mommy. :LOL:

Ford Bronco Anyone else feel like Ford is doing this all wrong? calmer than you.JPG

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn’t a post so much about lack of B&P as much as it is about Fords seemingly “Do nothing, tell no one” strategy. The cats out of the bag for what the bronco has and what it seems to be capable of. My issue and I’m sure the dealers as well, is lack of transparency between HQ and the dealerships around the US.

its one of the most hyped cars trying to break into a market dominated by Jeep and no dealers appear to have any info at all. Meanwhile theres pamphlets showing how Jeep plans to go toe to toe with the bronco and seems Jeep dealers have strategies in place. Things like strategy and build and price and promotion showings should have been in the works since last year through the reveal this year. i know there’s a pandemic but there’s so many ways to promote this vehicle and it seems Ford isn’t pursuing any of them.
I think they (FORD) are trying to avoid a repeat of the 11th gen Ford Thunderbird... Lots of hype and attention and excitement from the public on the remake of a true classic. High performance Jaguar engine in a retro package selling to an aging demographic. (See the buyer age survey...) But, once released, the Thunderbird underwhelmed... Ford kicked it to the roadside in a mere 3 years... a dismal failure.

Personal opinion is Ford is doing market analysis with their timing on releasing information... i.e. largest avail engine in the Bronco is 162 C.I. Largest in the Jeep is the Hemi 392. Younger drivers are dead sold on "boost" over displacement... I think its a bit of an experiment. Ya have to give credit to FCA for getting it right for so many years on the Jeep. Sales and resale values dont lie....

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personal opinion is Ford is doing market analysis with their timing on releasing information... i.e. largest avail engine in the Bronco is 162 C.I. Largest in the Jeep is the Hemi 392.
There is no Hemi on the Wrangler. It might eventually get one.

OP
OP
Blitzinger

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
You will have plenty of time to decide what you want. Most people decide what to order in a day, a week or maybe a month. We’re 3-4 months away from ordering so i don’t see it being an issue. I do understand people want pricing, we all do, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be prepared. You’re not going to be more prepared if you find out it’s 52K instead of 50K. You can either buy that or remove some stuff but seeing as $1K is usually $10 a month for financing, it’s a minuscule amount. If you pre-ordered this car you should have already done your homework and looked at the website and said, “I can spend X amount.” I did, I saw the car would cost me somewhere from 30K to 38K without add-ons and i added about 20% and i got a payment in mind. Now I know I can spend a specific amount to be around a specific payment.

Once it’s released I’ll know what i’m ordering within a few days. The paint is probably the hardest choice right now. If i wouldn’t have joined this website i wouldn’t even be thinking about it until they told me to order.
That’s just if you want a bronco or not but what about those who want an overlanding vehicle. Yes I can wait and I’m willing to wait if I know this the vehicle I want, meanwhile deals are happening on alternatives like Tacoma’s and 4runners. So the sooner I get an idea of how much I’m spending on a bronco, I can see where that puts me in comparison to deals on vehicles out now and see if it’s worth waiting

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This isn’t a post so much about lack of B&P as much as it is about Fords seemingly “Do nothing, tell no one” strategy. The cats out of the bag for what the bronco has and what it seems to be capable of. My issue and I’m sure the dealers as well, is lack of transparency between HQ and the dealerships around the US.
Personally I think it is a marketing strategy. Remember COVID-19 delayed everything, to include the initial launch. However, I believe they are dropping info to hear what everyone is liking and hating about the new Bronco. Look what happened when everyone went crazy about not getting Velocity Blue! Now Ford is offering it. Probably why B&P is not active yet. It just makes sense. And we are all still here asking questions, liking, bitching, and complaining. In the end, I think the wait will be worth it!

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I'm pretty anxious to get my Bronco, I'm over the wait at this point and really just want to build it. But I'm excited for the way things are going now and see if Ford listens to their customers while they prep to start building the reservations. To me it doesn't make sense for the Sasquatch package to not be available with the manual and could be something they change before production. But I don't think they will change too much from what they already showed us

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s just if you want a bronco or not but what about those who want an overlanding vehicle. Yes I can wait and I’m willing to wait if I know this the vehicle I want, meanwhile deals are happening on alternatives like Tacoma’s and 4runners. So the sooner I get an idea of how much I’m spending on a bronco, I can see where that puts me in comparison to deals on vehicles out now and see if it’s worth waiting
I responded to you about this yesterday. If you just want a 4X4 okay I can see why that would be annoying. I’m buying a Bronco or nothing so it doesn’t bother me.

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

IMHO, too much misinformation. Reports from Q&A from Ford reps giving contradictory info. Example, are the modular top windows on the 2-door removable or not?

I watched a video yesterday of a well known dealer talking about pricing for options, info he gathered from this Web site. Pretty sad when dealers have to resort to hearsay, or make guesses based on customer surveys.

Ford set the deadline to October 31st. We need to be able to choose Bronco model, build and price them out and verify pricing with a dealer well before that date.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford is being smart. Having a reveal a year in advance probably thwarted a few tens of thousands from buying a wrangler over that 12 month window. Now it’s their job stringing us along to keep the hype and momentum.

I personally don’t mind going on this journey. Especially during COVID. Being able to check the updates each morning definitely helps me keep occupied and forward looking for this awesome gift to myself and family. If everything was released in July I would certainly lose some motivation towards it and would not be nearly as active on this forum.

I like the mystery colors, the speculation, the fact finding, the Q&A etc. although sometimes this forum gets to be a bit much with the 100 page B&P date estimations filled with nonsense and memes. But otherwise this had been an exciting journey.

Do Ford reps piss me off with their very political responses in side stepping answers and being misleading? Sure. But I’m sure FoMoCo has scared the shit out of them to not release info ahead of their calendar. I’m sure they have a very detailed and strategic calendar to space out their reveal over an extended period of time. And I personally believe that many ‘delays‘ were pre-planned and intentional. But again, this is a huge long term automotive marketing roll-out for the ages to stomp out the Wrangler with what could be one of Fords higher volume sales. It’s a very delicate situation that we are watching unfold in real time on a daily basis

Last edited:

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, Ford may have botched this. From a leadership, perspective, think about this. They should have made the first year run 4 model selections, 4 color choices, and maybe 4 packages. Lean on the original ford concept of black, black, or black. Walk before you run. Deposits definitely should have been $1000. Such a large deposit allows for cash liquidity to ramp up to a much clearer demand take rate. The build process they have made is now so overly complicated that the constant string along is due to the complexities of sourcing and production.

I remember the last Acura I bought, tech or no tech, pick interior and exterior color. That was it. You can bury all the goodies in when you scale it into all models sold. They are trying to jump right into the jeep option game and decided to run before they walked. I'm sure after the Explorer launch and the heads that rolled there, everyone is running around in fear of losing their job if this goes south. Delays in COVID can be accepted, screwing another launch, no way.

So we've got a complicated new vehicle launch with likely over 400k build configurations, on the heels of a failed new vehicle launch and a ton of scared employees. Yep. Leadership.
Sponsored