Sponsored

Anyone else feel like Ford is doing this all wrong?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My mental time-table has me driving out of the dealer around July/August 2021.

Whether the B&P is ready Monday or December 1st - it doesn't really matter since building it Monday isn't affecting the drive-off date.

I am not 'buying something else' - so any car ad/ reveal / release has 0 effect on me. I was considering buying a Jeep in 2020 / 2021. In 2016, when it was revealed the Bronco was really coming, that Jeep idea ended.

Now, I just want the Bronco to be as good as it can possibly be.

If that means we get no new information for 4 months, or the B&P isn't up for 3 months or official ordering isn't up until January - it impacts me 0%.

I am sold on the Bronco. And I will keep myself occupied saving, planning, and enjoying my time right now - until the day I arrive at the dealer to get my truck. Then the real fun begins.

Being in a rush can only sour the experience - and why would I choose to do that?
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I'm the only one who likes to plan ahead and know what I'm getting into? I take my financial planning seriously!
Just some thoughts to share - take it or leave it. No offense intended:

Since you aren't taking ownership until next year, I'm not sure how much difference 1-3 months make on a 9-11 month schedule.

What is your deal-breaker? Obviously the starting price is fine - so can't you plan with that in mind?

You can't plan without perfect information? That strikes me as poor planning.

All you have to do is take the starting price of the trim level you want and then use the rumored prices for the options. Since you are clearly cautious (which is a good idea) - I'd suggest adding 10% on top of that for a "worst case scenario". Viola!

Now a week from now, or a month - or maybe 3 months from now, you will get to check your numbers versus the real thing and adjust as necessary.

Option 1: WTF!?!?! That is way more than I wanted to spend - take your plan and focus it onto another vehicle of your choice.

Option 2: Dang, I'm good! Numbers are spot on. Continue with the plan.

Option 3: Hooray! It's much lower than I thought! Add additional options or adjust your finances with the "extra" money you planned to spend.

If the 2020 pandemic taught us anything, it is not to rely heavily on a plan. It needs to be flexible because things can change.

If Ford's price is the only thing that "goes wrong" between now and owning the Bronco outright - consider yourself blessed. Lord knows life is filled with curveballs that are impossible to plan for.

So no, you aren't the only one taking financial planning seriously - but you may one of the few who thinks financial planning is written in stone.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'm the only one who likes to plan ahead and know what I'm getting into? I take my financial planning seriously!
No, you just seem to be the only one who is unable to do that without to the dollar amount cost. You already know the MSRP of each vehicle and the likely cost of the packages so whatā€™s such a surprise here? I havenā€™t had any issues with saving money or financially planning my future and what i could afford as a payment.

How do you ever plan a vacation in advance, do you scream at Southwest that you need the flight prices for next year?

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
yeah, I get it, guys like that on every forum....who feel their time spent and their reaction scores make their opinions carry more weight.
Have you seen my reaction score??? I lurk more than anything because this place has the news first, thatā€™s all.

I guess I should be glad someoneā€™s enjoying the wait instead of being frustrated.

?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell you from this first public event, it is very obvious that they simply got ahead of themselves on this one and were not prepared for the public scrutiny and demand.

They are doing the best that they can to try and keep us happy, but they just don't have it all in place at this point. I think maybe things got leaked a little too early so they are working with the circumstances and trying to give us any information they can.

They aren't ready to get into the weeds though, so we need to recognize that when asking our questions and keep things high level at this stage.

Everyone is complaining about not having more information before ordering... But take a step back. You have nothing ($100 refundable) invested in a vehicle that is not set to deliver until spring of next year. Outside of a new release, the vast majority of their buyers do not order vehicles to spec...they buy off the dealer lots. To have this level of demand and this many custom orders is a new experience for them. The information will come, but we have to be careful with what we are expecting at this stage.
Excellent post.
Regarding the leak, the intial big leak, as I recall was a UAW Chief announcing they would be bringing the Ranger (and Bronco) back to the US via the Wayne plant.
Ford was nowhere near ready to announce the Bronco's return at that point, just the Ranger, but us diehards have been scrutinizing every detail, every day, ever since.
There was also a hint that the Bronco plans were scrapped early on because they were heading in the wrong direction....not much confirmation on that aspect though.

Regardless, here we are, I'm thrilled with the over all of the vehicle, ESPECIALLY the look as I can CLEARLY see the ines of my 69 1st Gen Bronco in it.

Of course there are small details....and one large one (regarding the lack of a ManSquatch at this point)......but certainally nothing worth buying a Heep over. LOL

Again excellent post, and Thanks for all the hard work your putting in on our behalf out there!
Did it warm up yet?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just some thoughts to share - take it or leave it. No offense intended:

Since you aren't taking ownership until next year, I'm not sure how much difference 1-3 months make on a 9-11 month schedule.

What is your deal-breaker? Obviously the starting price is fine - so can't you plan with that in mind?

You can't plan without perfect information? That strikes me as poor planning.

All you have to do is take the starting price of the trim level you want and then use the rumored prices for the options. Since you are clearly cautious (which is a good idea) - I'd suggest adding 10% on top of that for a "worst case scenario". Viola!

Now a week from now, or a month - or maybe 3 months from now, you will get to check your numbers versus the real thing and adjust as necessary.

Option 1: WTF!?!?! That is way more than I wanted to spend - take your plan and focus it onto another vehicle of your choice.

Option 2: Dang, I'm good! Numbers are spot on. Continue with the plan.

Option 3: Hooray! It's much lower than I thought! Add additional options or adjust your finances with the "extra" money you planned to spend.

If the 2020 pandemic taught us anything, it is not to rely heavily on a plan. It needs to be flexible because things can change.

If Ford's price is the only thing that "goes wrong" between now and owning the Bronco outright - consider yourself blessed. Lord knows life is filled with curveballs that are impossible to plan for.

So no, you aren't the only one taking financial planning seriously - but you may one of the few who thinks financial planning is written in stone.
My "deal breaker' is I needed vehicles this year and bought two. They weren't a Bronco - because Bronco won't be available until some future date. So the lack of a Bronco this year or at least solid availability soon, means Ford lost me for now as a customer

In keeping with your idea of not knowing what the future holds. Yeah, I don't know what the future holds. I like what I've seen of the new Bronco, but can't say for certain I will buy when it finally arrives, because circumstances change.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, you just seem to be the only one who is unable to do that without to the dollar amount cost. You already know the MSRP of each vehicle and the likely cost of the packages so whatā€™s such a surprise here? I havenā€™t had any issues with saving money or financially planning my future and what i could afford as a payment.

How do you ever plan a vacation in advance, do you scream at Southwest that you need the flight prices for next year?
Although we have some idea of pricing, there are still some big unknowns, such as leather and tops pricing and interior options to name a few. I'm saving money and will buy something. Until some of the unknowns have been uncovered, I'm not 100% sure if I'll be spending it on a Bronco or something else. I have a price in mind and if my build goes over that number, I want time to work various builds and make a decision.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent post.
Regarding the leak, the intial big leak, as I recall was a UAW Chief announcing they would be bringing the Ranger (and Bronco) back to the US via the Wayne plant.
Ford was nowhere near ready to announce the Bronco's return at that point, just the Ranger, but us diehards have been scrutinizing every detail, every day, ever since.
There was also a hint that the Bronco plans were scrapped early on because they were heading in the wrong direction....not much confirmation on that aspect though.

Regardless, here we are, I'm thrilled with the over all of the vehicle, ESPECIALLY the look as I can CLEARLY see the ines of my 69 1st Gen Bronco in it.

Of course there are small details....and one large one (regarding the lack of a ManSquatch at this point)......but certainally nothing worth buying a Heep over. LOL

Again excellent post, and Thanks for all the hard work your putting in on our behalf out there!
Did it warm up yet?
This is all very true. A lot of folks lose sight of the fact that the typical development cycle of a new vehicle is 4-5 years. Normally, this cycle is completely closed to the general public, so they normally have no idea what's coming farther out than maybe a year. In this case, Ford's hand was tipped much earlier, and they had to work around it.

If you think about it, at the time the UAW tipped their hand, the future product plan for 2020/2021 was only loosely framed in. Ford didn't show off anything when they did their Bronco announcement in 2017 because they probably had no idea yet what it would look like. And yet, ravenous fans were constantly prodding and probing.

I think this is a good example of why it is generally better for the customers to be kept completely in the dark as long as possible. Especially with an iconic project; there is not a practical way to manage expectations otherwise...

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As has been pointed out by others, nobody is in any way saying not to plan ahead or not to know what you're getting into.

You know the base price, and we have a potential ballpark figure for the major options. Just estimate at the high end and if it winds up being over, you have extra.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although we have some idea of pricing, there are still some big unknowns, such as leather and tops pricing and interior options to name a few. I'm saving money and will buy something. Until some of the unknowns have been uncovered, I'm not 100% sure if I'll be spending it on a Bronco or something else. I have a price in mind and if my build goes over that number, I want time to work various builds and make a decision.
You will have plenty of time to decide what you want. Most people decide what to order in a day, a week or maybe a month. Weā€™re 3-4 months away from ordering so i donā€™t see it being an issue. I do understand people want pricing, we all do, but that doesnā€™t mean you canā€™t be prepared. Youā€™re not going to be more prepared if you find out itā€™s 52K instead of 50K. You can either buy that or remove some stuff but seeing as $1K is usually $10 a month for financing, itā€™s a minuscule amount. If you pre-ordered this car you should have already done your homework and looked at the website and said, ā€œI can spend X amount.ā€ I did, I saw the car would cost me somewhere from 30K to 38K without add-ons and i added about 20% and i got a payment in mind. Now I know I can spend a specific amount to be around a specific payment.

Once itā€™s released Iā€™ll know what iā€™m ordering within a few days. The paint is probably the hardest choice right now. If i wouldnā€™t have joined this website i wouldnā€™t even be thinking about it until they told me to order.

Sponsored

markavelli

Base
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This isnā€™t a post so much about lack of B&P as much as it is about Fords seemingly ā€œDo nothing, tell no oneā€ strategy. The cats out of the bag for what the bronco has and what it seems to be capable of. My issue and Iā€™m sure the dealers as well, is lack of transparency between HQ and the dealerships around the US.

its one of the most hyped cars trying to break into a market dominated by Jeep and no dealers appear to have any info at all. Meanwhile theres pamphlets showing how Jeep plans to go toe to toe with the bronco and seems Jeep dealers have strategies in place. Things like strategy and build and price and promotion showings should have been in the works since last year through the reveal this year. i know thereā€™s a pandemic but thereā€™s so many ways to promote this vehicle and it seems Ford isnā€™t pursuing any of them.

OP
OP
Blitzinger

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base

I canā€™t speak for anyone else but I have a base four door reserved. I donā€™t want to spend over 40k. I also donā€™t know how much 2.7 and Sasquatch and other accessories are going to cost. No one does. Thereā€™s a rough estimate but until B&P drops, no one knows.

this is a bronco forum so I get it, people here are buying it because itā€™s a bronco.

Iā€™m interested because the new defender failed my expectations, from price to unibody to space. So I looked elsewhere. Now thereā€™s deals on Tacomaā€™s Tundras, 4runners, and occasionally jeeps.

So yes, Iā€™d like the B&P now because I donā€™t want to potentially miss good opportunities on vehicles I can use for overlanding.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This feels like years ago when my then 13yr old teenage daughter was so excited to go to a Justin Bieber concert. She had her friends come with her and sit in our box suite. ā€˜Greatest night everā€ according to my daughter.

The shows was supposed to start at 7:30. They were so excited they couldnā€™t contain themselves.

Then 8 - no communication, disappointed but still pumped

Then it was 9 - Getting angry and demanding

Then it 10 - they are nuclear pissed

10;30 - the entitled punk Bieber decides he can finally come on stage. At this point anger has turned into apathy. She never bought another Bieber download after that.....
Sponsored