Sponsored

Anyone getting a Non-Sasquatched Badlands?

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
.....2nd biggest issue is day to day drivability of the 35" tires....
Can I ask what is your concern with drive ability? People that live with 35” might be able to give insigt.
Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point I am still undecided but leaning towards 33s.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
....Rubicons come with ATs (KO2s). MTs are an option.....
trueish. JK Rubicons came with MT as standard equipment from the get go. The new JL‘s come with AT tires (smart move IMO). Plenty of used Rubicons on MT at dealers waiting on a test drive for people to do some test if MT is an issue while waiting on the Bronco.

If you come from a luxury car that is nice and quiet a MT set of tires can be an issue. If you drive a noisy econo box car a new 4wd on MT most likely will not be an issue.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you can option the Dana 210 front on the Black Diamond
Haha, there seems to be so many thoughts on what can be had based on conflicting material... guess we need the B&P... pineapple pizza anyone?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can I ask what is your concern with drive ability? People that live with 35” might be able to give insigt.
The big 35s will be louder than the other tires and reduce gas mileage too. How much of a concern these are for people is their own taste. I like to go fast on the highway and the 35s will be loud.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haha, there seems to be so many thoughts on what can be had based on conflicting material... guess we need the B&P... pineapple pizza anyone?

The big 35s will be louder than the other tires and reduce gas mileage too. How much of a concern these are for people is their own taste. I like to go fast on the highway and the 35s will be loud.
Please see attached Bronco pdf. I though everyone on this site has looked at this Ford document 100 times already. Anyway, page three it clearly states the Dana 210 axel is available on ALL lower trims where is does not come standard.

Attachments

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been driving on big MT For years. I can still talk on the hands free device at highway speeds (windows rolled up) And the other person doesn’t comment on road noise and I can hear them just fine. I would expect the Bronco to have a quieter ride than my JK.

Yes about the gas mileage, the extra one inch of lift going from 33 to 35 cost me about 0.7 mpg drop. I average 16mpg for the past many years.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been driving on big MT For years. I can still talk on the hands free device at highway speeds (windows rolled up) And the other person doesn’t comment on road noise and I can hear them just fine. I would expect the Bronco to have a quieter ride than my JK.

Yes about the gas mileage, the extra one inch of lift going from 33 to 35 cost me about 0.7 mpg drop. I average 16mpg for the past many years.
You might be able to "still talk", but the noise IS louder. If you don't mind it, great, but it IS an issue for me. Yes, the Bronco is not a quiet vehicle, but some will be louder/quieter than others. All part of the decision making process.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm well aware of that pdf. Yes it says "available" under the front axle. If you look down, under "locking front differential" it says " available w/ sasquatch". It's been said before that on the front end, non locking differentials will have an aluminun carrier (m190) and locking differentials will have an iron carrier (m210). So, putting these bits of information together, unless I'm missing something else, you have to get the locker to get the m210 and you have to get the sasquatch to get the locker. BUT, it doesn't specify under the m210 that it's sasquatch only, leading to my comment on conflicting information and having to wait until the B&P to see what we can get. After all, we are getting a "Mut/ruts" GOAT mode according to that pdf

Sponsored

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dammit! Just when I think my mind is made up on the Wildtrak, along comes this thread. This Bronco is going to share DD duties with my F-350 and likely the only off roading it will see is the dirt road that I live on. I want the Lux package so that narrows it down to three. Now, I don’t think that I want the Sasquatch package due to the increase noise level from the tires and decreased gas mileage. The difference in mpgs may be small but when you only have 16 gallons every mile counts. I like the 33” tires on the BL. I haven’t seen anything on how high the door sill is from the ground. I’m 6’3” so I’m pretty sure it won’t be an issue for me but my wife is not so tall so I’m wondering about retractable running boards and the rock rails. Will the rock rails have to come off to put on running boards? Not that I’ll need the rails but are they bolt on and easily removed?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will the rock rails have to come off to put on running boards? Not that I’ll need the rails but are they bolt on and easily removed?
Yes, the rock rails would have to come off. Should be an easy bolt-on swap.

FWIW there's a company called Rockslide Engineering that makes a powered step in a rock rail. Supposedly they'll have a Bronco version eventually.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My only issue with the BL is the wheels. I’d want all black wheels, either factory or aftermarket but would prefer factory. Oh well, beggars can’t be choosers

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The tires on the Sasquatch package come mounted like regular tires. They are beadlock 'capable', but don't come beadlocked (is that a verb?). Does this fact not eliminate the maintenance issue you mentioned?
Big tires are heavy and need to be balanced more often, trash wheel bearings and steering parts, they just make everything work harder (which is why I like the idea of getting a SAS and swapping out for smaller wheels and cash). I put up with wide tires grabbing road cracks on a Corvette, but with all the lockers and mechanical bits of the SAS package and BadLands I can operate at a high level off road with tall-skinnys, and enjoy the pavement too.
There is a great video on Bronco Sport sister forum (a link in this forum) that has a stock Bronco Sport doing some challenging Moab rock, followed by a new good looking lifted with 37's Jeep Rubican having to make three times the runs -same rock, Bronco Sport still in picture. A lot of desert race vehicles have skinny tires - a couple of feet of suspension travel, and Corvette crate motors help.
Sponsored