First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2021 Badlands LUX and am running latest OTA update on Sync system and latest iOS but my phone only automatically connects to CarPlay about half the time. The only solution that seems to resolve it when it doesn’t connect is to plug in the cable directly. Let it connect then unplug the cable again then it’s fine. Anybody else having similar problems and have a fix for it??
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep. When ever it doesn’t connect I just restart the car and it connects. It’s definitely annoying.

MLPAGANO72

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nothing but issues since the update for me. Connects to wrong phone sometimes. Full screen never works properly. The update took a “no issue” CarPlay and made it a nightmare, about to bring it for service.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup, ongoing issue since I first bought over a year ago.

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems to be affecting other car brands too. Currently driving a Chevy while waiting for my Bronco (2.5+ year wait, scheduled 4/24). Apple Car Play always worked great until a couple weeks ago when a new iOS downloaded in the middle of the night. No more Car Play. Chevy ended up loading new software (or firmware) at no charge.

Haddixx

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've given up on wireless CarPlay and only connect wired. Seems to work ~90% of the time and when it doesn't a restart of the car or phone does the trick.

Onthegas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basemansquatch 5/9/22
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Similar issues. CarPlay intermittent connectivity. usually fails when I want to use iphone maps to navigate!

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2021 Badlands LUX and am running latest OTA update on Sync system and latest iOS but my phone only automatically connects to CarPlay about half the time. The only solution that seems to resolve it when it doesn’t connect is to plug in the cable directly. Let it connect then unplug the cable again then it’s fine. Anybody else having similar problems and have a fix for it??
Yes all the time. Happening almost 50% of the time the last few weeks.

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've found both Carplay and Android Auto to be somewhat buggy with the Bronco. With several different Android phones and my iPhone 14PM. For me, wired is worse than wireless. Weird stuff always seems to happen when trying to connect wired. It's fine like 80% of the time I'd say, but the other 20% when I need to re-set everything or turn the car off and on (That's what my IT guy said to do anyway) is a PITA.

ChrisAK

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2006 Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had Bronco for almost two months and Apple Carplay has worked pretty flawless - knock on wood. It does like to switch to whatever streaming music service I may have running in the background on my Iphone, but if i kill that process on my Iphone I have no issues. With recent software update on Bronco I also now have full screen Carplay. Also, my Iphone is the only phone that has been added to my vehicle. Not sure if some of the connectivity issues may be related to having more than one phone in range that the system is trying to connect to.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
wow im surprised to read this. in 2 months (ok so not much time) I actually haven't had 1 single issue with car play. this was my first car with wireless carplay and i can't believe how well it works.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have experienced the same lack of pairing intermittently, to solve the issue without restarting the vehicle, I go to connectivity —-> Bluetooth and turn it off then back on. CarPlay will connect and all is good.

OP
OP
Waverider

Waverider

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford
I have experienced the same lack of pairing intermittently, to solve the issue without restarting the vehicle, I go to connectivity —-> Bluetooth and turn it off then back on. CarPlay will connect and all is good.
is that within the phone settings or Sync settings?
Sponsored