First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer / 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2.7l four door, OBX, Sasquatch.. hand calculated 16.6mpg combine. Gas prices definitely hurt, but it could have been a lot worse.
Sponsored

Attachments

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base I have ordered will be a significant economy improvement over what I am driving. Even the black diamond will be an improvement though not as much.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just received then went on a trip to the beach. $5.29 a gallon in FL was a bit painful. However, I don't have to commute at the moment and neither does my wife. With that said and even though we make a good living and can absorb the increase, we are doing what we can do to mitigate. One of the biggest things we're doing is taking advantage of fuel points at our local grocer (Kroger), buying everything we can from that store. We're also purchasing gift cards that often get 4x fuel points from Kroger for stores we need something from - essentially putting a big part of our spend into Kroger. It ends up taking a $1 off the top for each car once a month - perhaps more. It'll eventually come down - we didn't want a temporary issue to influence our decision.
And fill up both cars on the same purchase. We show up with gas cans, whatever it takes to reach 35 gallons.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would gas be cheaper if I bought a different vehicle?
The amount you spend on gas definitely could be less.
My Bronco gets about the same fuel economy as my F-350 and right now gas is cheaper than diesel so, no, gas prices did not factor into my decision in any way.
If you had an option
If you really do the math, for a normal 12,000 mile a year driver the difference between $3/gal and $6/gal is likely $1500. Most of us are buying $50k+ rigs. $1500 for an entire year is not fun to pay but is overhyped in the fact that we're all going to go bankrupt or something. Hence studies have shown we haven't reduced oil consumption as a country at all with the increase in prices, which is really horrible, because these oil companies with record profits will have zero incentive to stop gouging us.
EV and hybrid sales are incredibly strong. In California, where the gas prices are higher than just about everywhere, the Tesla model Y outsold Honda Civics. What do you suppose the incentive for all of those EV sales is?

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The biggest thing I think of is that it will impact my next purchase. My f150 will be paid off in July so we probably want something that gets 25+ mpg highway after this bronco šŸ˜œ

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been forced to daily my Silverado since my daughter got her license in April and she now drives the Lincoln, so the Bronco would be an improvement. Unfortunately, I thought for sure I'd have my Bronco by now.

My preferred outcome:
1) 2022 Bronco and keep Silverado for chore duty (Left Brain)
2) 2023 Jeep Gladiator 4xE and sell the Silverdo (Right Brain)
3) 2023 4Runner and keep Silverado for chore duty (Irrational Brain)

The rest is up to several car companies and the ability to deliver anything during the continued supply chain crisis. I was Ford's targeted demographic when they launched the Bronco and this would be my first Ford. It may never happen.

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After 2 years of waiting, ordering exactly what I wanted without compromise, selling my previous offroad/overland vehicle, and obsessively following every scrap of an update...are you kidding? No way in hell would I reconsider. Gas could go through the roof and I'd still take delivery. I just might not drive as much.

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gas isn't my concern. The rise of everything else is. Interest rates are already 1.2% higher on average than they were and are forecasted to continue to rise making financing much more of an issue. On top of that the cost of food has jumped so significantly a package of chicken breast that used to be ~$7 is now closer to ~$12. Which doesn't sound like much but that's just one singular item. Gas isn't my concern. Everything else is.

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And fill up both cars on the same purchase. We show up with gas cans, whatever it takes to reach 35 gallons.
You know, we can do that now - my (hers/ours now) sedan takes premium. Her minivan didn't, but the Bronco does (I guess there's some debate). At any rate, good point there - slipped my mind we can do that now.

Deleted member 21681

My 2.7 badlands Sasquatch will be my new daily driver. My current BMW 328xi gets pretty good mileage (27-32), but Iā€™m not especially concerned, even with my 35-mile drive to the office every morning. Iā€™d prefer energy prices were sane again, but Iā€™m very fortunate to be in a position where I donā€™t have to worry about it much.

Sponsored

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I figure ICE vehicles will be regulated out sooner than later, and gas prices will only continue to rise indefinitely. So my plan is to enjoy the Bronco as much as I can (afford) for as long as I can. Then when I'm forced into an autonomous driving electric car, I'll just have to live with the memories of the "good ole days" when I was allowed to operate my own vehicles.

That said, I figure at this point society will collapse long before I ever actually get my Bronco. So it's all kind of moot.

WilVis

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am rethinking immediately pulling the wheels and tires off my base 2.3l 4-door if it ever comes. The money I save can buy fuel and I may eek out a mile per gallon better on the minivan tires.

My wife likely wonā€™t ride with me out of embarrassment. She has a thing for wheel bling. Maybe I can start a carpool instead?

TS0323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walking
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm currently driving a Maverick hybrid, and I'm really enjoying the energy savings.
That said, I don't really need the truck bed, and it's just kinda boring to drive.

If gas prices hit $10/gallon I would probably bail on the Bronco and keep the Mav, but otherwise I'm all in on a Bronco. It helps that I plan on getting a base 2.3L 2 door which has the best gas mileage of any of the Broncos.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is an extremely political topic!ā€¦.

We are now two years behind on any significant investment in gasoline infrastructure.

We are at least 5 to 10 years behind on any significant investment in reliable electrical generation infrastructure, and due to ā€œclean energyā€ rebates there probably isnā€™t going to be any in the foreseeable future.

Electrical or gasoline, be prepared to bend over and drop your shorts. Free markets????ā€¦.NOT!
Sponsored