First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would gas be cheaper if I bought a different vehicle?
obviously yes... It depends on the cost of the fuel the vehicle uses. i.e. Diesel cost is higher, electricity is lower...
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I traded in a diesel for my Bronco so I am actually saving money now. Sorry but you’ll never see me in a Prius either.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

obviously yes... It depends on the cost of the fuel the vehicle uses. i.e. Diesel cost is higher, electricity is lower...
How does that make gas cheaper?

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. My current vehicle is a 2019 F150 Super Crew 4X4. I’m not concerned about fuel prices.

MallSquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2022
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m lucky enough to be fully remote with my job, so outside of braving the trails to local wineries or picking up groceries, I won’t be needing to refill too often. I consider off road trips/camping to include gas in the budget for said trip.

That being said, I can’t imagine how folks who work 30 hours a week at Walmart are paying their way with these gas prices.

I had a diesel e-class Benz before this and it was a champ getting 32-36 mpg on the highway and country roads. It had a big tank though so $90 to fill diesel from empty was rough.

Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By the time I finally get my first week reservation I fully expect gas prices to have dropped considerably...

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My plan was to have 2 horses in my driveway when I retire at the end of the year.
The Mustang Mach E is already there and I should have my interim Bronco next month.
That should take care of it for me.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My current daily driver gets 27 MPG. My "yet to be delivered" Black Diamond Sasquatch with the 2.7 is probably going to be 17 MPG. I will be pumping an additional 325 gallons a year. At $5.00 a gallon that's about one Social Security check. At $10 a gallon it will force me to decide between gas and beer. I'm thinking about passing on the 2022 and hoping that the next administration will stabilize gas prices. Then I'll order a 2025 Bronco. Who knows, they could be all electric by then.
Life truly is strange! Within minutes of posting this, my dealer called and told me my Bronco was sitting on his lot waiting to be picked up. I'll have to make a game time decision tomorrow morning. Any advise?

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's funny... 6-12 months ago, anyone who would raise the question of fuel mileage on here, would be berated by people with comments like "if you're worried about gas mileage, get a Prius!", "if you can't afford gas, maybe you should be looking at other vehicles" etc - all of which I thought was ignorant (and still do), because EVERYONE has a point.. whether it's $4, $6, $10 or $50 a gallon, where they will have to make a decision. With gas prices dipping into the $7 range at some gas stations now (I was happy to get 87 octane for $5.99 at Costco this weekend), it is absolutely affecting how often I go out for "fun drives", especially considering it takes about 1.5-2 hours to get anywhere decent for trails,... a day of driving off road is a full tank of gas - about $105.00, and that's on top of the regular daily commuting (a tank a week)... so if I were go go out for fun every weekend, I'd be spending about $800-$900 a month in gas. That hurts.

Sponsored

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just filled up the Bronco this morning and it cost me $125 for 91 octane. Yea it sucks but whatever I am loving the vehicle. Gas will go back down at some point..

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nah, my Lightning only gets 9-10 MPG no matter how I drive her, so the Bronco is a step up in that aspect, plus I won't daily the Bronco, love my Lightning way to much to park her for to long :) They will have to learn to share road time.

Lowdogg

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Honda Odyssey, '04 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m excited for my new ride and it will be my daily driver for a while. I have a short commute and occasional 200 mi road trips. I won’t have to buy premium, which will offset a little of the expense.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Feels weird circling back and admitting this here (hopefully none of my B6G 1/17 build week fam see this =(......)

I have to be 1000% clear - I love the Bronco. Absolutely love. When I reserved it a year ago I didn't know what I was signing up for, but I was in for it.

Fast forward to last week and I had finally taken delivery of my Ice Mountain bronco on April 13th. It's not to dwell on the issues but my Bronco came with wavy door/rocker panel damage, a scratched rear window (glass), and my soft top seam stitching was ripped in a few (ended up finding 5 places).

Over the next 6 weeks - Ford denied the window claim - the dealer paid out of pocket for it and then misaligned it during install and it always sat about 1/3" higher than the other 3 and the dealership was satisifed with that work. Ford admitted the doors were not correct but instead of replacing the doors they wanted to put body filler on them and repaint the whole right side of the vehicle which could take up to 4 weeks and I would not have access to a rental at that time, and I had not yet heard back on my warranty claim for the soft top.

When my Bronco hit Ice Mountain - a 8-9 IPAs told me it would be a good idea to order a Model 3 Long Range, so I did. Then tesla raised the price $5500.

So last week I had to shit or get off the pot in regards to the Tesla.

Ended up getting 30% more than what I paid for the Bronco, paying $5500 less than what it would take to order a Model 3 LR today, and I basically swapped out my BaseSquatch for a Model 3 LR without paying out of pocket.

3 major factors:

1. I do not trust Ford to stand behind their customers or the Bronco. I felt that I would remain frustrated when trying to get them to warranty or service the Bronco

2. I never envisioned Ford botching the Bronco roll out so bad that the BaseSquatch I ordered would fetch a 30%+ premium over what I paid. That won't last - so even though I rolled it into another vehicle that vehicle is only that has only appreciated since purchase - and I'll be able to realize it down line when I get rid of it

3. Gas was a consideration. The Model 3 LR is rated at 100 miles per 26 kwh (I currently paid $0.163 kwh) or about $4.25 per 100 miles. The BaseSquatch was getting 17mpg over 1700 miles for me so 100 miles / 17mpg so 5.88 gallons @ $4/gal = $23.50 over 100 miles

At the end of the day I decided to jump ship and go for it. No they aren't the same vehicles. No I'm not trying to replace the Bronco with the Model 3 (Oddly enough I ordered skid plates for the Model 3 - though that's another discussion)

I'll be back for a Bronco EV or Bronco hybrid. I'll probably hang around the boards because I've met so many great people and I still love Broncos. It was a gut wretching decision for me to make that I agonized over for a long time.

For what its worth - my wife legit has not talked to me since last Tuesday. She took the kids and went to visit my in-laws for the weekend.

It's lonely on this island I've made for myself.
Sponsored

Last edited: