First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Life truly is strange! Within minutes of posting this, my dealer called and told me my Bronco was sitting on his lot waiting to be picked up. I'll have to make a game time decision tomorrow morning. Any advise?
make him fill it up before you drive off ;)
Sponsored

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In my area, gasoline and electric delivery charge (not supply charge) are both high.
I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place haha.

Been really looking to get a Kia EV6 GT-Line though. But the markups in the area are just as insane as Broncos. As least my dealer and GM promised no mark up in writing... so I guess I'm sticking around.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you really do the math, for a normal 12,000 mile a year driver the difference between $3/gal and $6/gal is likely $1500. Most of us are buying $50k+ rigs. $1500 for an entire year is not fun to pay but is overhyped in the fact that we're all going to go bankrupt or something. Hence studies have shown we haven't reduced oil consumption as a country at all with the increase in prices, which is really horrible, because these oil companies with record profits will have zero incentive to stop gouging us.
Most “oil companies” as well as Ford are publicly owned. Why not buy their stock and share in the profit gouging?

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much gas cost every year since 1978 (cnbc.com)

honestly, world events trigger things like this, look at the link above. also opec knows that if it stays this high the renewable energy push will accelerate and hurt them further.

things will level off and return at some point, and ev is coming regardless. the question is when do you need a new vehicle, and what ev or improved mpg suv/truck is available for a comparable price?
Bull Puckey!! We were energy In DA Pen Dent in Nov of 2020. Now gas is 5.19 in MI. Open up the wells and lines, and start pumping. Don't need EV or any of the other garbage you are being sold.

SoCalG

Black Diamond
First Name
SoCalG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Are gas prices having you question your pending order? [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 369D3DD0-06BF-4C5B-9028-1C0124790348

Los Angeles area gas prices

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most “oil companies” as well as Ford are publicly owned. Why not buy their stock and share in the profit gouging?
My Ford and Exxon stock have been flatlined for a while so not really sound advice.

At some point gas prices will go back down, but they never go all the way back down.

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope, the Bronco will get better gas mileage than my 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with 4:88 gears and 35" times, I'm lucky to get 10 MPG in this pig.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you really do the math, for a normal 12,000 mile a year driver the difference between $3/gal and $6/gal is likely $1500. Most of us are buying $50k+ rigs. $1500 for an entire year is not fun to pay but is overhyped in the fact that we're all going to go bankrupt or something. Hence studies have shown we haven't reduced oil consumption as a country at all with the increase in prices, which is really horrible, because these oil companies with record profits will have zero incentive to stop gouging us.
I expect this forum to skew a bit higher than national averages, but that's 2% of an average American salary. Combine that with increased rent (in most places) and inflation and I could see that $1,500 mattering to more people on here than would openly admit it.

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting 18 mpg with the Bronco, same as the 2018 F150 5.0 I had. My Mustang only gets 11 mpg on E85, and I still drive that too.

While My Bronco was getting fixed, I had a loaner escape and then an explorer. The escape only got 20mpg and the explorer got 17 mpg on my normal drive.

I have zero interest in driving something that gets 30+mpg, they are boring.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll just have to buy more beer in one stop and limit the drive to convenience store . ill just go twice a week instead of 4 times per week:) , that will save some gas LOL

I ordered 17 months ago when gas was more reasonable , now I have a production date and I am all in . I just won't drive it as much . I'm retired and no need to go to work/daily driver .

but I will take it out for a spin or two daily , nothing major just to get my rocks off;)

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bull Puckey!! We were energy In DA Pen Dent in Nov of 2020. Now gas is 5.19 in MI. Open up the wells and lines, and start pumping. Don't need EV or any of the other garbage you are being sold.
there are always geo-political and other reasons fossil fuels are problematic.

i agree, there are things we can do now. but the u.s. also keep strong reserves and tend to sell ours at the highest price or keep it for the future (see capitalism). this makes is reliant on opec and other sources that are volatile.

there are battery and ev issues, no doubt. there are also multiple avenues to make cheaper and more sustainable electricity. that can not be said regarding fossils.

tl;dr: we are not escaping clean energy. this is not political. ford, among others, is moving to primary ev. it will happen regardless if we open every pipeline and make it cheap now. the current rate for fossil fuels to start becoming scarce are 2052-2060 depending on the study (independent).

OP
OP
FormerJeepJunkie

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I expect this forum to skew a bit higher than national averages, but that's 2% of an average American salary. Combine that with increased rent (in most places) and inflation and I could see that $1,500 mattering to more people on here than would openly admit it.
You kinda beat me to it. It’s not just the $1500. It’s $1500 MORE than expected. Added to literally everything being most costly, it’s the combo vs the difference. Property taxes, food costs, travel costs, insurance, all of it.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My Tacoma gets average of 18.5 MPG and my Bronco Raptor will get around 15.5 so it’s not that much different. But because prices are going up so dramatically and show no signs of stopping, I am absolutely second guessing my order.

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Price might be down in 2023 or 24

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gas prices, no. Reliability and frequent quality issues with the vehicle do have me getting very close to rethinking our options.
Just get a JL. I got sick of waiting after 17 months of so I ordered the XR Rubicon. Both vehicles showed up the same week. It's my first Jeep and would have been my first Bronco. After walking around both and driving both the Jeep had more things I liked than the Bronco. I did get to do the Bronco Off-Roadeo so I know its capable. But I hate how cheap everything feels in the interior. It was one of my complaints during the Off-Roadeo. I was told that's just how these pre-production models are. I saw no difference in the quality of the production and pre-production models. I've been getting 19.6 combined fuel economy over about 10000 miles in the Jeep. About 24MPG on the highway going 75 with stock 35s. I'm still planning on getting a Bronco someday but I'm going to wait out all of the kinks it has.
Sponsored