MallSquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2022
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Y’all are doing it wrong. It only costs 1.19 a gallon to fill up on premium slurpee 😎

Ford Bronco Are gas prices having you question your pending order? [WARNING: NO POLITICS] BBD19201-E23F-45D6-B9D6-9E791862DE4C
Sponsored

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m getting the same mpg I was in my 5.0 stang so I’m used to that. But the price of gas has made me put off replacing my base wheels with something larger.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m getting the same mpg I was in my 5.0 stang so I’m used to that. But the price of gas has made me put off replacing my base wheels with something larger.
That's what I am hoping for. My 08 and 06 GTs got 21 city, 25 freeway. If the silly turbo can match that I'll be pretty happy.

Right now I'm driving the wife's old 07 Expy and getting 16.2

dsop

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 eGolf
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been driving an e-golf for the last 2.5 years, I'm not looking forward to the gas but I can drive practically for free so I'm sticking with both for now.

SmokeSaves

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC, Chevy, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In 1999 I bought a new 2-door ZR2 Blazer, and got rid of it 2010 when gas hit $4/gallon for a Chevy Cobalt (38 mpg). My commute is 60 miles round trip, and the only thing I didn't like about the Blazer was filling up every four days. While I have yet to even get a VIN for my 2-door Bronco, the wife is already telling me to scrap the Bronco idea and go electric, as gas has now topped $5. I told her I am not willing to make that sacrifice again. My only hope is that I only have to fill up once a week instead of four days like the Blazer! My current commuter is a 2017 Camaro 2SS which gets 23mpg and I only have to fill up once every 7 working days with 420+ miles on a tank.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FormerJeepJunkie

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just get a JL. I got sick of waiting after 17 months of so I ordered the XR Rubicon. Both vehicles showed up the same week. It's my first Jeep and would have been my first Bronco. After walking around both and driving both the Jeep had more things I liked than the Bronco. I did get to do the Bronco Off-Roadeo so I know its capable. But I hate how cheap everything feels in the interior. It was one of my complaints during the Off-Roadeo. I was told that's just how these pre-production models are. I saw no difference in the quality of the production and pre-production models. I've been getting 19.6 combined fuel economy over about 10000 miles in the Jeep. About 24MPG on the highway going 75 with stock 35s. I'm still planning on getting a Bronco someday but I'm going to wait out all of the kinks it has.
Are you pushing it? I’ve never gotten better than 17 a gallon (combined).

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The idea is to is force people into EVs and drive the demand for lithium through the roof. Do some research to find out who owns a major stake in a Chinese mine located in Afghanistan.
Ford Bronco Are gas prices having you question your pending order? [WARNING: NO POLITICS] giphy (1)

STHenry

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My current daily driver is a 2018 Raptor and it gets about 14.5 mpg with a commute of 40 miles round trip. The Bronco is supposed to get 17 mpg which improves the situation for us. If gas gets really crazy my wife has a Tesla that I can switch to for the daily commute since she works from home. Interesting times ahead for sure.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm furtunate to have a company vehicle I use during the week. The Bronco is my weekend/personal vehicle. It's been over 3 weeks since I put gas in it and I'm at a half a tank.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gas is $6.30/gal by me (CA) but thankfully I walk to work and will continue doing so. 1.5 miles each way is a good daily walk and if it gets too windy or rains (10 days out of the year) I’ll take the bronco in.

Filling up for $90/tank doesn’t sound fun though and everything is far. It’s going to cost me $12 in gas to get to the beach and back. But not being a commuter definitely helps. Most of my coworkers drive 30 miles into work one way. If that was the case, I’d switch to an EV.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm still considering getting a Bronco, because I can't go off-road in a high mpg car. But for strictly pavement driving, absolutely I'd be rethinking things.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sticking with it. The Bronco was always a fun weekend vehicle for me, not my daily driver. I have a 38 MPG Focus as my daily driver.

That said, if my dealer gave me a good trade-in price for my Focus, I would have considered it. Now with gas prices the way they are, they have to give me the deal of a century.

I won’t lie though… if my Bronco was intended to be my daily driver and I couldn’t have a second vehicle… I would seriously be looking looking at a Bronco Sport right now. I’m not one who spooks easily at high gas prices, but we’ve reach the point where we’re talking thousands of dollars a year in extra fuel costs.
What focus do you have? Carvana offered me what I paid for mine brand new so it might be worth looking into. Unless it’s got high miles or an old year, it might not be worth it then.

jevus2006

Outer Banks
First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Libre DL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only thing worrying me is the car insurance. I commute to work by bike and train so gas isn't an issue.

Markatmac

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex Fiesta Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Black Diamond non sas 4 cylinder auto. I just got gas and dropped about 100.00 (3/4 full) and can only go 285 miles. If money/gas is an issue to you at all, don't buy this. I love my Bronco but it's terrible on gas and I don't even have the sas package.

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because I’m curious- are gas prices having you reconsider buying a bronco? I assume many (myself included) aren’t exactly driving green vehicles at the moment anyway, but I figure there are a good l amount that ordered these when gas was $2.50 a gallon. Is there a line where you break off interest?
Similar spot to other people where this is to replace a vehicle with similar or inferior fuel economy. We both WFH and our main daily is a Prius. If the order banks open up with something comparable to a 4xe and i can make that move, i will.
Sponsored