Sponsored

Are We Missing a Cold Weather Specific Bronco Trim?

Would you have liked to see a Cold Weather Specific Bronco?

• Total voters

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A cold weather package would've been cool. Honestly the idea of the Bronco is not suited to the typical mass produced marketing strategies that rely on packages engineered to make you pay for stuff you don't want to get the things you do. That's why we have two or three Bronco trims that really could've been packages instead, and why to get a garage door opener you have to buy a wireless charger and a 3 year navigation subscription.

THIS ^^^^^

Badpanda05

Wildtrak
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel like Ford may have dropped the ball on an opportunity to market a cold weather 4x4 to people who actually head to the mountains or live where it is cold and/or snows.

I was thinking a mid range package that has the basic 4x4 GOAT modes, vinyl flooring, heated mirrors, cloth seats (upgrade-able to vinyl only), seat warmers for all 4 seats, heated steering wheel, roof racks, block heater, (maybe some de-icers) fog lights and a minimal electronics package with the longer range remote start.

I think a lot of us cold weather people would have purchased something like this. We can't all afford the lux package and many of us don't like dealing with failing electronics or blocked up cameras due to cold temps and sticky snow. I think the skiers/snowboarders/sledders would have purchased this in a heartbeat.

Canada, Alaska, Dakota's, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Lake States, and Colorado...what are your thoughts? Would you pay mid-high package prices for this?
I feel like Ford may have dropped the ball on an opportunity to market a cold weather 4x4 to people who actually head to the mountains or live where it is cold and/or snows.

I was thinking a mid range package that has the basic 4x4 GOAT modes, vinyl flooring, heated mirrors, cloth seats (upgrade-able to vinyl only), seat warmers for all 4 seats, heated steering wheel, roof racks, block heater, (maybe some de-icers) fog lights and a minimal electronics package with the longer range remote start.

I think a lot of us cold weather people would have purchased something like this. We can't all afford the lux package and many of us don't like dealing with failing electronics or blocked up cameras due to cold temps and sticky snow. I think the skiers/snowboarders/sledders would have purchased this in a heartbeat.

Canada, Alaska, Dakota's, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Lake States, and Colorado...what are your thoughts? Would you pay mid-high package prices for this?
iftoy lic

If you live in northern Utah I can help with the heated seats đź‘Ť

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although many people seem to think all of Canada is a 12 month Winter climate, I actually live in a fairly mild part of Canada on the West coast. However, the mountains are all around us and it's very quick and easy to head up there if I so choose.

I could care less about a Winter package. It has heated seats. It has 4HI and 4LO. I'm good. I would have appreciated vented seats though for the Summer, but now I'm getting off topic...

OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although many people seem to think all of Canada is a 12 month Winter climate, I actually live in a fairly mild part of Canada on the West coast. However, the mountains are all around us and it's very quick and easy to head up there if I so choose.

I could care less about a Winter package. It has heated seats. It has 4HI and 4LO. I'm good. I would have appreciated vented seats though for the Summer, but now I'm getting off topic...
I normally agree 100% with your statements, however considering the price of the Bronco I am going to suggest that it should have more accommodating features for the money. I would be ok with a base model if I didn't have the means for the badlands. But for badlands money, it should be better IMHO.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I normally agree 100% with your statements, however considering the price of the Bronco I am going to suggest that it should have more accommodating features for the money. I would be ok with a base model if I didn't have the means for the badlands. But for badlands money, it should be better IMHO.
I guess it depends on how you look at what "more accommodating features" means.

For some, that would be the creature comforts to ensure my sweaty ass stays cool and dry in the Summer.

For others, more capability off-road is their definition. I think with this vehicle, we got the more off-road capability and that's the trade-off we make. I'm ok with that; I know what I'm buying. But I hear you - It is an expensive vehicle and you'd expect more features on it. However, I think we got them in a way we don't usually expect it - With a more capable vehicle.

Just my 2 cents.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of us that drive on salt covered roads, a cold weather package should also include better corrosion protection.

OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess it depends on how you look at what "more accommodating features" means.

For some, that would be the creature comforts to ensure my sweaty ass stays cool and dry in the Summer.

For others, more capability off-road is their definition. I think with this vehicle, we got the more off-road capability and that's the trade-off we make. I'm ok with that; I know what I'm buying. But I hear you - It is an expensive vehicle and you'd expect more features on it. However, I think we got them in a way we don't usually expect it - With a more capable vehicle.

Just my 2 cents.
Right, but notice that they made different trim levels for different outdoor activities and the desert vehicles didn't come with cooling seats or backseat a/c and the cold weather type packages didn't get rear heated seats or heated steering wheels. Basically, things that would make sense for different trims were not implemented in a way that would be attractive to people interested in the those activities. What was the point of the trims at this point since none of them really fit the needs of everyone buying one. The trims all seem arbitrary.
I am with you, I am fine with what I ordered, but for the money a cold weather package including a heated wheel with the stabilizer disconnect and sasquatch in a high package would have been fair.

OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of us that drive on salt covered roads, a cold weather package should also include better corrosion protection.
100%!!!

BroncoStile

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have been happy with just the heated steering wheel being an independent option. I didnt want any of the other lux package items. I am hoping that the heated wheel can be added later like some have done on the Superduty by swapping the wheel. Maybe a raptor wheel can be swapped in like on the Superduty and add the paddle shifters as well.

Sponsored

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There should've been three trim levels other than FE- Base, Outer Banks, and Badlands.
Base- identical
OBX- identical except leather and B&O is standard, special color
Badlands- identical except special beadlock wheels are standard, special color

Everything else should've been a package or standalone option
Wildtrak could've been an appearance package with gloss black accents
Black Diamond could effectively be replaced by making washout interior a standalone option
An XLT package could've replaced Big Bend by being equal to Mid+heated steering wheel
Lariat package could've been the combination of High and Lux
Sasquatch could be identical
Navigation, upfitter switches, washout interior, and the rest of the current options would be a la carte.

This configuration would give basically everyone what they want now, but with less complicated waffling between trims and less dissatisfaction and frustration from the customer. Basesquatch still possible, Badsquatch too. Want a mall crawler with all the amenities? OBX Lariat. Want all the offroad goodies but don't care for the sway bar disconnect? Basesquatch with washout and upfitter switches. More money than taste? Wildtrak that Badsquatcher so you can have the stickers AND the armor. Ford would still make plenty of money and no one would be agonizing over whether a wireless charger is worth the extra $2000 package.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There should've been three trim levels other than FE- Base, Outer Banks, and Badlands.
Base- identical
OBX- identical except leather and B&O is standard, special color
Badlands- identical except special beadlock wheels are standard, special color

Everything else should've been a package or standalone option
Wildtrak could've been an appearance package with gloss black accents
Black Diamond could effectively be replaced by making washout interior a standalone option
An XLT package could've replaced Big Bend by being equal to Mid+heated steering wheel
Lariat package could've been the combination of High and Lux
Sasquatch could be identical
Navigation, upfitter switches, washout interior, and the rest of the current options would be a la carte.

This configuration would give basically everyone what they want now, but with less complicated waffling between trims and less dissatisfaction and frustration from the customer. Basesquatch still possible, Badsquatch too. Want a mall crawler with all the amenities? OBX Lariat. Want all the offroad goodies but don't care for the sway bar disconnect? Basesquatch with washout and upfitter switches. More money than taste? Wildtrak that Badsquatcher so you can have the stickers AND the armor. Ford would still make plenty of money and no one would be agonizing over whether a wireless charger is worth the extra $2000 package.
They just don’t think people are gonna buy manuals that’s all.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this rate, what didnt Ford drop the ball on? One wonders if their own balls wouldnt of dropped by now if they weren’t adults
Sponsored