Sponsored

Are We Missing a Cold Weather Specific Bronco Trim?

Would you have liked to see a Cold Weather Specific Bronco?

• Total voters

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True. I guess what I mean is, people would be more likely to bite on a Bronco if it checked more boxes.
The Bronco I ordered does check all those boxes, except I opted out of the engine bloa k heater. 23 years in MH, and I have never needed one.

Also, OP did say "we can't all afford the lux package." Most here are probably to ypung to remember, but the Yugo was branded as a car everyone could afford. If the requirement is that everyone, or even most people, cam afford it, the vehicle you get will not be the vehicle you want.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A cold weather package would've been cool. Honestly the idea of the Bronco is not suited to the typical mass produced marketing strategies that rely on packages engineered to make you pay for stuff you don't want to get the things you do. That's why we have two or three Bronco trims that really could've been packages instead, and why to get a garage door opener you have to buy a wireless charger and a 3 year navigation subscription.
I agree. I think they aren't accounting for the absolutely dismal economic outlook. I work for a company and we can't get what we need to distribute and sell. We keep losing products off the shelf every day due to shortages and the price of copper and resin and steel is insane. It has tripled this year.

OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco I ordered does check all those boxes, except I opted out of the engine block heater. 23 years in MH, and I have never needed one.

Also, OP did say "we can't all afford the lux package." Most here are probably too young to remember, but the Yugo was branded as a car everyone could afford. If the requirement is that everyone, or even most people, cam afford it, the vehicle you get will not be the vehicle you want.
I didn't mean everyone literally. I was trying to convey that a more accessible/desirable product would have been nice for people in slower economic locations like colder areas. You're right.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Black Diamond is in King County, Washington. It was a mining town but not really known for being a cold place or a place to play.
Interesting.

First thing that comes to mind when I hear black diamond though is a difficult ski trail

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting.

First thing that comes to mind when I hear black diamond though is a difficult ski trail
Pretty sure that's what they were going for because the logo is a snow-capped mountain and a ski slope-style black diamond

Orjeepguy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A cold weather package would've been cool. Honestly the idea of the Bronco is not suited to the typical mass produced marketing strategies that rely on packages engineered to make you pay for stuff you don't want to get the things you do. That's why we have two or three Bronco trims that really could've been packages instead, and why to get a garage door opener you have to buy a wireless charger and a 3 year navigation subscription.
Garage door opener chaps my ass. Wtf is it not available on lower option packages? It's not a luxury to park in the garage. You just have to not be a slob and keep your garage cleaned up enough to park in it 😠

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking a mid range package that has the basic 4x4 GOAT modes, vinyl flooring, heated mirrors, cloth seats (upgrade-able to vinyl only), seat warmers for all 4 seats, heated steering wheel, roof racks, block heater, (maybe some de-icers) fog lights and a minimal electronics package with the longer range remote start.
^^^^ add Squatch and you have ....
The Yeti package!
We could adopt Bumble the Abominable Snow Creature as our mascot!
Ford Bronco Are We Missing a Cold Weather Specific Bronco Trim? 1636336880760

I don't understand block heaters on gas engines ????
Diesel, yes.
It gets sub-zero here every year. I've never had an issue with a gas motor.

That being said, once the frost layer starts forming every morning, I will put a milk house heater on a timer in the car just to defrost it in the morning ... that's usually my biggest gripe.
The block heaters didn't really help with thick windshield frost.

Manual trans ... no remote start... huge :(

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that is a good point. Yeah the snow features are great to have and should be standard. However I wonder how the hard top will handle the Wyoming winds? That’s what got me worried.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So the 2.7L is supposed to heat up very quickly because the headers are manufactured directly onto the engine. I haven't tried it out yet, and it's not that cold where I travel yet. I'm curious how quickly the heater warms up the cabin. My R32 with Nokians would dominate in the snow and ice, but they crammed so much engine in there, the heater seemed like an afterthought. It seemed to take forever for the car to get to temperature.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your Bronco didn’t come with a heater?

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why we can’t opt into some of these on BD/BL is beyond me.

-Cloth seats. Never hot, never cold.
-Block Heater. In Canada it’s standard, but for the northern states, it’s a must. Should be a standard item at this point but with ICE’s phased out in a decade, why start now??
-Heated Seats all around. Why does the front get all the love, especially with wimpy HVAC ducting.
-Heated Steering Wheel. The only thing I want from Lux, but dislike the rest for the cost of the package. Should be a High package item IMO.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Alaska here, went Lux, Sasquatch w/leather and MIC. I think it will be perfect. Heated wheel I'm most excited about.
Sponsored