Sponsored

Auto Start/Stop Disable Install - What The??

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What the heck! I bought the hundred dollar auto start stop disabled eliminator from the USA company assuming that it was just as easy to install as reaching underneath of the dash and installing the new pigtail. However, on their website they’re actually removing panels pulling off the center AC console what a pain I’m not even gonna try and do that, is that really required to install this thing?

I thought this was a simple, plug and play with no panel removal…..

if this does require panels to be removed, you can count me out and if anyone wants to buy a brand new one that hasn’t even been opened. I’m happy to sell you mine
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It looks like you have to remove panels to install. Nope. Although it looks simple I’m not risking breaking clips or panels or that grab handle. I should have done my research more before buying this.

anyone want a brand new one never installed for $75 shipped (it’s $100+ tax on their site)?

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 (sold) , 2023 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It looks like you have to remove panels to install. Nope. Although it looks simple I’m not risking breaking clips or panels or that grab handle. I should have done my research more before buying this.

anyone want a brand new one never installed for $75 shipped (it’s $100+ tax on their site)?
I can see that the install can be a bit intimidating for some (I'm not a fan of pulling panels either) but if you take your time and follow the video procedure I think you will be rewarded. I purchased the very same product but I'm holding off for warmer weather before I attempt to pull the panels. If you must sell, that is a good price and should move quickly in the for sale section.

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can see that the install can be a bit intimidating for some (I'm not a fan of pulling panels either) but if you take your time and follow the video procedure I think you will be rewarded. I purchased the very same product but I'm holding off for warmer weather before I attempt to pull the panels. If you must sell, that is a good price and should move quickly in the for sale section.
i’m pretty mechanically inclined and usually do all the own work on my own car. However, every single time I’ve worked with a car where I’ve tried to remove panels or clips, the clips break and even if they don’t, the panel never goes in as snug as it did before and I really don’t wanna take any chances on a $50,000 car.

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i’m pretty mechanically inclined and usually do all the own work on my own car. However, every single time I’ve worked with a car where I’ve tried to remove panels or clips, the clips break and even if they don’t, the panel never goes in as snug as it did before and I really don’t wanna take any chances on a $50,000 car.

I did it myself, and am no mechanic. VERY happy with the result. Just carefully follow the very good instal videos online. New car clips dont break as easy as the brittle ones on 10+ year old vehicles. But I understand your reluctance.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a tip: Don't buy an aftermarket add-on part without doing basic research. Many companies, including this one, post installation instructions or videos.

In this case, installation is not difficult (I'd give it a 1.5 on a scale of 1-10). Painter's tape is your friend to avoid scratches. Follow the instructions/video and no clips will be broken.

Somebody will get a good deal on that part. I absolutely love it now that it's installed.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can’t make changes w forscan on the 23s? How did they stop that?
Forscan still works, it's just the removal of ASS no longer works.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

New car clips dont break as easy as the brittle ones on 10+ year old vehicles.
I've opened the panel underneath my steering wheel exactly 6 times since I've owned the Bronco.

I have around 2 clips remaining holding it in.

I will give you that I'm probably a ham fisted oaf. But these clips are brittle as all get out. I've probably got more clips that are held in with E6000 and a plastic welder melting zip ties than I do not.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the ASS eliminator and the Kicker 200.4 with Plugnplaykits harness at the same time. That panel was kind of a bastard to remove, and the radio plugs were difficult to get back in the space with the adapters. The panel went back on just like before.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You have a PM

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s surprising that you bought it without seeing the installation process, then you’re upset that the install requires more than you expected (What did you base expections on?).

Anyway, as others have said - anyone can do this. I did it in about 10 minutes with most of that time spent pulling off the center panel. It’s very stubborn.

But really - Who buys things without checking to see if they’re willing to tackle the install?
Sponsored