First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will the dash notice go away on its own eventually if you don't? I have not tried just leaving it and driving?
Exactly. Same as when you shift into 4 wheel drive; it’s just telling you what it’s doing and giving you the option to make that screen go away.
Sponsored

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly. Same as when you shift into 4 wheel drive; it’s just telling you what it’s doing and giving you the option to make that screen go away.
Okay, my wife drives it the majority of the time and she always clears it, even when I'm driving. LOL
Either way I am just going to get the eliminator and be done with it! After watching the video yesterday the install looks super easy.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay, my wife drives it the majority of the time and she always clears it, even when I'm driving. LOL
Either way I am just going to get the eliminator and be done with it! After watching the video yesterday the install looks super easy.
I’m going to see if I can find that black thing to unplug first, like on F-150. Will report back later today.

Canonman11

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This looks like a great option and ordered it last night. Will do a review once I get it in.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my bronco....my mods.....my reasons. to each their own.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Couldn’t find it.
Another source put a reminder as well as info on another popular defeat method that T & C Ford promoted.

How to permanently disable Auto Start-Stop on Ford F-150 – easy method
POSTED ON JUNE 26, 2020 BY TOMAS HARPER
All Ford F-150 13th gen vehicles come standard with Auto Start-Stop feature which offers little benefit but is of great annoyance and potentially harmful to your vehicle’s battery and starter in the long run. This guide will help you permanently disable this feature on Ford F-150 without spending a dime.
ford-f-150-white-13th-gen.jpg
Ford F-150, 13th generation (2015-2020)
So you’re tired of pressing that Auto Start-Stop button on the dashboard every time you hop in your truck? Worry no more! With this quick and easy fix, you will never have to press that button again, ever!

1. While your vehicle is turned off, look under the steering wheel and find a white box at the top left corner with 3 connectors connected to it.
  2. Disconnect the lowest connector which is for Auto Start-Stop button.
  3. This will automatically put the system in bypass mode – disabling the Auto Start-Stop function.
auto-start-stop-wire-disconnect-1024x574.jpg
Auto Start-Stop plug on white box under the steering wheel.
Note: Your dealership may not like unplugged wires and make a fuss about it – so make sure to reconnect this wire when you go back for vehicle service.
Important Safety Update: It has been pointed out in the comments section that you will need to connect the plug back in when towing a trailer, otherwise the lights will not work on the trailer.
Warning! Do not use trailer line tester to bypass Auto-Start Stop. A lot of websites and videos on Youtube have been recommending permanently plugging in trailer line tester at the back of your truck to bypass this feature. We do not recommended this method as it can be dangerous. You insert the trailer plug and the computer goes into tow mode. Shift points change, fuel economy drops a bit, trailer sway control is enabled dropping the MPG a bit more. Backup camera does not function. Rear proximity sensors are disabled. It also disables other safety features like rear cross traffic detection. So if you’re already using this method, we recommend that you unplug it right now.

OP
OP
wylieone46

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Another source put a reminder as well as info on another popular defeat method that T & C Ford promoted.

All Ford F-150 13th gen vehicles come standard with Auto Start-Stop feature which offers little benefit but is of great annoyance and potentially harmful to your vehicle’s battery and starter in the long run. This guide will help you permanently disable this feature on Ford F-150 without spending a dime.
Ford Bronco Auto Start-Stop Eliminator for Bronco is now available auto-start-stop-wire-disconnect-1024x574
So you’re tired of pressing that Auto Start-Stop button on the dashboard every time you hop in your truck? Worry no more! With this quick and easy fix, you will never have to press that button again, ever!

1. While your vehicle is turned off, look under the steering wheel and find a white box at the top left corner with 3 connectors connected to it.
  3. This will automatically put the system in bypass mode – disabling the Auto Start-Stop function.
Ford Bronco Auto Start-Stop Eliminator for Bronco is now available auto-start-stop-wire-disconnect-1024x574
Note: Your dealership may not like unplugged wires and make a fuss about it – so make sure to reconnect this wire when you go back for vehicle service.
Important Safety Update: It has been pointed out in the comments section that you will need to connect the plug back in when towing a trailer, otherwise the lights will not work on the trailer.
Warning! Do not use trailer line tester to bypass Auto-Start Stop. A lot of websites and videos on Youtube have been recommending permanently plugging in trailer line tester at the back of your truck to bypass this feature. We do not recommended this method as it can be dangerous. You insert the trailer plug and the computer goes into tow mode. Shift points change, fuel economy drops a bit, trailer sway control is enabled dropping the MPG a bit more. Backup camera does not function. Rear proximity sensors are disabled. It also disables other safety features like rear cross traffic detection. So if you’re already using this method, we recommend that you unplug it right now.
This article is for the Ford F-150 13th generation (2015-2020) pickup trucks. While it might be helpful for F-150 drivers, I doubt it will be of any help/use for a 2021 Bronco. They are totally different trucks. Which is even more of a reason I will buy the auto start Eliminator for my Bronco.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This article is for the Ford F-150 13th generation (2015-2020) pickup trucks. While it might be helpful for F-150 drivers, I doubt it will be of any help/use for a 2021 Bronco. They are totally different trucks. Which is even more of a reason I will buy the auto start Eliminator for my Bronco.
Exactly, I'd rather spend $100 and have it done right instead of unplugging things.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly, I'd rather spend $100 and have it done right instead of unplugging things.
I hear that! Which is why I didn’t unplug the thing that I thought might be it. I’ll wait for someone smarter than me to figure this plug thing out, but I’m not going to spend $100 and dismantle my dash for auto stop. That seems more intrusive/uncorrectable than unplugging a plug that could easily be plugged back in.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Behind the button?
No dash light warnings?
Or a lighted off button?
just unplug, and it goes out?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Behind the button?
No dash light warnings?
Or a lighted off button?
just unplug, and it goes out?
Doubt that this method will work for our trucks without consequence. Hope I'm wrong.

However, $100 for the ASS Eliminator is a rounding error when considering the cost of this vehicle. As a bonus, installation is easy-peasy! As long as it works with my '22 ManSquatch, I'm in!!!

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ford-f-150-white-13th-gen.jpg

auto-start-stop-wire-disconnect-1024x574.jpg
I read this on the F150 forums as well. We just need one of people who is lucky enough to own a Bronco to run a few tests.
Sponsored