Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read this on the F150 forums as well. We just need one of people who is lucky enough to own a Bronco to run a few tests.
It doesn't cover 2021. Does it work for the new trucks?
Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bough the auto start stop eliminator for my 2019 Raptor and it works great.

this will be my first mod for sure

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I purchased this and installed in about 20 minutes in my bronco first edition. Has been working perfectly, no codes are being thrown.

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My thoughts:

I cant stand this auto off/on feature. Its shit. Just terrible. It was designed by someone that hates cars, hates driving cars and worships the idea of electric cars taking over to save the planet...until they see how the battery systems are is made on electric cars..

Next. My previous experience with this bad feature was in rental cars. Couldn't stand it.

Now I have my BL MT I4 bronco going on a week. It has nothing to do with pushing the button, its remembering to push the button. Plus my street goes out to a busy highway and I need instant power if cars are coming and its the first thing I have to do when driving anywhere so if I forget to turn off shit button...its not safe. I need to try sport mode to see if that knocks it out, didn't see sport mode when searching through all my goat modes..? Is sport mode not on I4 MT 2.3 Badlands with 4.7 axle?

Lastly, our broncos do not have the same white harness as the F150. But Im gonna go search for a similar plug and may take the plunge to test 1 or 2 if it "feels right" lmfao. Hold my beer...

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored
OP
OP
wylieone46

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My thoughts:

I cant stand this auto off/on feature. Its shit. Just terrible. It was designed by someone that hates cars, hates driving cars and worships the idea of electric cars taking over to save the planet...until they see how the battery systems are is made on electric cars..

Next. My previous experience with this bad feature was in rental cars. Couldn't stand it.

Now I have my BL MT I4 bronco going on a week. It has nothing to do with pushing the button, its remembering to push the button. Plus my street goes out to a busy highway and I need instant power if cars are coming and its the first thing I have to do when driving anywhere so if I forget to turn off shit button...its not safe. I need to try sport mode to see if that knocks it out, didn't see sport mode when searching through all my goat modes..? Is sport mode not on I4 MT 2.3 Badlands with 4.7 axle?

Lastly, our broncos do not have the same white harness as the F150. But Im gonna go search for a similar plug and may take the plunge to test 1 or 2 if it "feels right" lmfao. Hold my beer...
We all wish you luck! 🤞 🍻

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just keep pulling plugs. You'll eventually find one to make it stop. :D
People amaze me sometimes. Give them an easy solution to solve a problem and they fight tooth and nail to avoid using that solution.
The stupid button that only works for one cycle on a family vehicle for the reasons i stated earlier is Not a solution. Its easy to forget to disengage this shit feature sometimes which can lead to the vehicle not functioning as it should especially in MT. The MT itself saves more gas than this button so why have it in MT.

Moving on. Im not unplugging every wire harness. I only felt comfortable unplugging one next to the center dash that looked like the video. Didnt work, just turned off the AC condenser, so I plugged back in all works great again.

I then searched through goat modes on my 2.3 BL MT with 47 axle and there is NO "sport" mode to select that will keep shit feature off for good.

I then searched through all the steering wheel settings and found a section on the auto startstop function in the "Trip/Fuel" section. Which basically just reminds you shit feature is working. Lol fml.

Next I scrolled through the nav screen to search the digital owners manual to see if any way to disengage shit feature for good. No luck.

Conclusion. I have $100 less in my bank account now hahaha :) Looking forward to installing this mod next week.

The End

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The stupid button that only works for one cycle on a family vehicle for the reasons i stated earlier is Not a solution. Its easy to forget to disengage this shit feature sometimes which can lead to the vehicle not functioning as it should especially in MT. The MT itself saves more gas than this button so why have it in MT.

Moving on. Im not unplugging every wire harness. I only felt comfortable unplugging one next to the center dash that looked like the video. Didnt work, just turned off the AC condenser, so I plugged back in all works great again.

I then searched through goat modes on my 2.3 BL MT with 47 axle and there is NO "sport" mode to select that will keep shit feature off for good.

I then searched through all the steering wheel settings and found a section on the auto startstop function in the "Trip/Fuel" section. Which basically just reminds you shit feature is working. Lol fml.

Next I scrolled through the nav screen to search the digital owners manual to see if any way to disengage shit feature for good. No luck.

Conclusion. I have $100 less in my bank account now hahaha :) Looking forward to installing this mod next week.

The End
I was referring to this.
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2021-ford-bronco-autostop-eliminator

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The End
It’s literally a button in the center of your main console. If turning it off is as important as you say it is, due to safety and having your family with you, maybe it should be a part of your mental checklist like putting a seatbelt on. And you own a BL MT 4.7 I4 lol what’s a measly $100?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of.
My wife's SUV is the first car I've driven that has this.

My steps getting in the car now include a lot of button pressing
Press button for auto seat adjustment, Click seatbelt in, Choose my music, hit the auto-start stop, adjust A/C

Takes too long to get going lol
Taking 1 step out of the equation, while miniscule, adds up to loads of stress-relief over time

(Edit: I'm literally getting the door keypad just to avoid the step of bringing my keys with me everywhere I go. My home is a smart home that minimizes the need to manually do things, if that helps to understand how I roll)
You’re the only other person I’ve seen that’s mentioned the keypad. Are you under the impression that it’s actually wireless and there is no hole in the door? I saw a dealer say that recently in a video. Had no clue and still don’t. Dealers are terrible.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Patience is a virtue. Forscan will be able to turn it off very soon.
Sponsored