Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Saves gas, sure but it’s negligible at best. Pollutes the air ok, way less than the climate people crying about the world boiling who also fly around on private jets and pollute more in one year than I will in my entire life. Good news is I live in America (I assume you do too) and I disabled mine day one. If you like it keep it. Freedom
Damn... have you read ANY of my previous comments? a bit angry are you? I assume you just don't want to be told what to do.... DUDE! I am disabling mine.... I commented on you statement that is "serves no purpose" ... at least I can identify all sides of an issue and make informed decisions.
Sponsored

GatorFord

Outer Banks
First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250. 2001 Ranger, 2022 Genesis GV70
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Phil Brown

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 F350, 1930 model A, 69 mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A better option, in my opinion anyway. Cost more than the Amazon offering but is American made and works flawlessly. Allows you to turn it off or on and it remains that way until you change it.
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2021-ford-bronco-autostop-eliminator
That's the one I got and couldn't be happier. Super easy install and forget it.
That starter has a finite lifespan, it will only start the motor so many times then its replacement time. Even with the cost of gas in Calif. I doubt that you will save more than the cost to replace a starter motor with the tow to the shop in the starters lifespan with the auto stop always on

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Damn... have you read ANY of my previous comments? a bit angry are you? I assume you just don't want to be told what to do.... DUDE! I am disabling mine.... I commented on you statement that is "serves no purpose" ... at least I can identify all sides of an issue and make informed decisions.
Angry?? No not even a little. And no I didn’t read any of your previous posts, honestly didn’t even see that you posted in this thread before you quoted me 🤷

Sponsored

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Actually I do disagree with that statement.... It does save gasoline. You will get better gas milage. Not a huge improvement but the more sitting and idling you do the more it saves. Also it decreases air pollution. The internal combustion engine pollutes the air. The more gasoline it burns the more it pollutes. That is just facts.... Now if it wears out parts faster and they end up in the landfill where is the trade off? Where is the line that says do this or do not? I have never crunched those numbers. Whole bunch of people say they have and they all give you different answers. Who should you believe? I do not know the answer.
I don’t care about saving a drop of fuel at the expense of shortening my engine life.
This is a lame attempt to please government regulators. The auto stop eliminator works great.

OP
OP

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad you put the link, I’m old and didn’t know how.
Not sure how this turned into a fight.
Live long and prosper!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don’t care about saving a drop of fuel at the expense of shortening my engine life.
This is a lame attempt to please government regulators. The auto stop eliminator works great.
and I will be disabling mine as well.... Right now I push the button.... I think the FORD tune remembers the last setting and leaves it off.... If the tune still does that I will not need it but.. If that is not working for the 2023s I will have to look at this.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Glad you put the link, I’m old and didn’t know how.
Not sure how this turned into a fight.
Live long and prosper!
My fault, I can be an ass.... I apologize to all.

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should ALWAYS put the trans in neutral at a stop and take your foot off the clutch. Not doing so is a good way to burn up a pilot bushing/bearing.
sounds like a good way to end up out in the middle of the road and into on comming traffic if you get rear ended.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

sounds like a good way to end up out in the middle of the road and into on comming traffic if you get rear ended.
I have always kept my right foot on the brake.

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
And I don’t understand the people who have an issue with people hating it. It’s garbage, saves an infantesimal amount of fuel, obviously puts needless strain on the starter and battery. What’s the argument FOR it is a better question. Saving the environment?

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea if this works with the 7MT? Last I heard these worked with the auto, but not the manual ‘23’s

I ended up with Ford Performance Tune that does this as part of it - just curious if they had finally fixed it for manuals or not
Yes, it does. I installed the auto stop eliminator mentioned here in my 2023 Badlands manual. Works beautifully.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still don't understand the hate for the auto start stop. Aside from it sounding harsh on startup I don't even realize it most of the time.
Never wanted it, and it wears out the starters

If it were an option instead of forced upon us, you’d see more people ordering manuals bmws than you would see anyone not driving a Hybrid or EV ordering it
Sponsored