Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why does everyone hate it so much?

Or is it more of... this is the way cars have always worked, sooo. ?

Or I'm too 'old school' (or insert 'cool') to help climate change?
My wife absolutely hated it, when she first experienced it. She actually returned a rental car that had it, because it just felt wrong. Now, she drives a 2018 KR that has it. Initially, she complained, but she got used to it. It never really bothered me, at all. I think it was just a matter of being a new way of doing things that bothered her; but given time , she got over it. I think the same is true for most folks, here. The ones who give it time will get used to it. The rest will never stop complaining.
Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife absolutely hated it, when she first experienced it. She actually returned a rental car that had it, because it just felt wrong. Now, she drives a 2018 KR that has it. Initially, she complained, but she got used to it. It never really bothered me, at all. I think it was just a matter of being a new way of doing things that bothered her; but given time , she got over it. I think the same is true for most folks, here. The ones who give it time will get used to it. The rest will never stop complaining.
Complain all they want. Everything will be electric in the next 20yrs anyway... ?

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully by then electric cars will work in places that get winter and have a useful range and will be able to do heat and stuff.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife absolutely hated it on her 2020 Explorer.

Found out on this forum about:

https://www.autostopeliminator.com

And haven't looked back. Took 10 minutes to install. Very high quality.

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I probably will get rid of it because of premature starter and battery wear from the multiple starts. We will see.
I agree And have similar concerns.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anytime you can find a way to get worst gas mileage ... go for it :p
Why does everyone hate it so much?

Or is it more of... this is the way cars have always worked, sooo. ?

Or I'm too 'old school' (or insert 'cool') to help climate change?
3-10% is not insignificant. Thanks for the link.
I tested it twice in my 2017 F150 3.5 EcoBoost with a pretty strict routine; I only drove the truck certain places on the same days of the week and drove another vehicle for spontaneous trips. I took it from full to low fuel light with it on and then with it off and got the same MPG, in the real world, down to the tenth the first time. So, I did it a second time and got one tenth of a mile per gallon more with it on and unless I was getting 1 to 3.3 mpg it wasn't 3-10%.

I never bothered with any disabling tricks and still only remembered to disable it about half the time outside of testing. I got somewhat used to it, but I really don't trust it for a manual transmission.

People who buy automatic Broncos will probably get used to it, but the top and doors off may add the element of aural disturbance to the equation. My biggest gripe with it was that countless times it would turn the engine off just to turn it back on almost immediately. I didn't keep track of that annoyance enough to explain it except that the EPA test is a standard and in the real world your vehicle has no way, yet, of knowing what you're about to ask it to do.

My predictions:
Automatic - occasional eye roll

Manual - profanity-heavy stream of consciousness

Clump

Heritage
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I REALLY hate it in my Ranger. IMO it's too aggressive. I back in my driveway. When I stop engine shuts off, put it in reverse engine restarts, stop after backing engine shuts off, shift to park engine restarts only to be turned off manually.

I gladly paid the $90 for an eliminator.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah but I'm lazy and don't want to do that every time I start my vehicle. ?
It becomes second nature very quick. When I had my mustang I always turned traction control off. Start car, traction control off, shift into gear.

Bronco will be same mind set, start car, turn auto stop off, put into gear.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does 4Lo or any of the silly Goat modes disable the auto stop automatically?

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only thing I like more about driving my Tacoma vs my dads Ranger is that the Taco DOES NOT do the annoying, jolting stop start constantly. I'll try to get used to it but I'll likely disable it in some manner. Really dumb feature, IMO.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I will try the night light idea. I like the ambient lighting in the front floors of the Bronco, but the back has none. 2 birds.

NuclearBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just read this thread. Went to run an errand and started Bronco, it asked if I wanted to go back to sport mode I selected yes. Backed out of driveway, and when I put it in drive, a second later the "OFF" light illuminated on the start/stop button.

Tried a couple more times just to check, and yes, if you are in sport mode, once you put it in drive the start/stop mode turns off.

Mine is 2.7 Auto.
Sponsored