Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

MIC is going to die come 2023 when the MOD top is ready. No way Ford continues with this catastrophe.
Sponsored

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is that Ford is not going to fix this, but wait for the MOD top and 2023 made by a different manufacturer and of the same material that Jeep tops are made out of (SMC?)

I think Ford tried to Band-Aid the MIC to get by and it's just not going to work.

Pretty sure I saw thread here where the price of an MIC is over $6k to your dealer.

Personally I'd rather buy a soft top aftermarket because they'll be better and more options. But for a hard top I don't think it's going to be the same and factory is the only feasable option.

Everyone better save their Ford points for when the MOD top is finally produced
And way cheaper than a MIC. Bestop already has a few choices.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

(Ford is aware and in communication, so we don't need to keep pinging them)

20211026_170947.jpg

20211027_091629.jpg

Updated photo from this AM. My hands aren't Samsquatch in real life, that's just the zoom level. You can see the fuzzy look on the edge, and that wasn't there when I picked it up 5 days ago. You REALLY have to be looking for it though.

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Edited for brevity.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

a1931813-56b3-497f-881c-0758613555f0-jpeg.jpg

288c57dc-4591-4404-bc1f-d8601324f2b6-jpeg.jpg

04e1b6df-d25f-46d0-8ddb-892607b453f1-jpeg.jpg

0308985f-81ad-4b3f-ba55-09ac863f705f-jpeg.jpg

0d6c9c32-1345-4305-9bd1-cc6aee377a22-jpeg.jpg
I'll take it! I don't care as I'm putting a Trektop on anyway. So tired of the wait!!!
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days BDKW_5687217-IMG_001_P04_ANG_A__16192.1628976813.1280.1280

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This MIC debacle seems to be getting worse as time goes on.
Before we completely judge the MIC2.0 a failure, does anybody have a clamshell with a manufactured date in October? What does it look like? Specifically the edges and any snakeskinning?

Has anyone had snakeskin or exposed laminate problems with MIC2.0 panels? What does it look like?

Most of these seem to be dirt mountains with clamshells manufactured before the MIC2.0 cutover and mix and match replacement panels.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll take it! I don't care as I'm putting a Trektop on anyway. So tired of the wait!!!
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days BDKW_5687217-IMG_001_P04_ANG_A__16192.1628976813.1280.1280
My thoughts exactly. The vehicle is worth it regardless. The ony issue I have is the top and I'm lucky that its minor for now. Take the vehicle and wait for Ford to figure it out.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Before we completely judge the MIC2.0 a failure, does anybody have a clamshell with a manufactured date in October? What does it look like? Specifically the edges and any snakeskinning?

Has anyone had snakeskin or exposed laminate problems with MIC2.0 panels? What does it look like?

Most of these seem to be dirt mountains with clamshells manufactured before the MIC2.0 cutover and mix and match replacement panels.
Mine was not a dirt mountain. Date on the top is 9/23, my build date was 9/26.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mine is definitely not a Dirt Mountain Bronco. It was built on Sept. 27/28 after they started building MIC again. I wish for everyone else that this was as easily dismissed as afflicting remnants of old tops.

terp_ag@

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got my 4-door MIC hardtop Bronco in mid-October. After a rain last night it is leaking at the front center directly over the winshield. FYI - I have taken the front two roof panels off twice. I plan to take it to the dealer and I will follow up once I get this resolved.

(reposted from another thread)

Leaky roof 3.jpg

Leaky roof water pooling on shift knob.jpg

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MIC is going to die come 2023 when the MOD top is ready. No way Ford continues with this catastrophe.
You could be right. Soft tops standard on both 2dr and 4dr and mod is the upgrade. I didn't want a mod but if my MIC won't hold up long term I might have to find something.

Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has it been determined if the MOD top eventually will be available to match body color? That is what I wanted from the start of all this. When I re-ordered back in October, I selected the soft top only because it was standard. But I did that under the assumption that I can eventually order the mod in body matching color.

Edit: this thread sort of answered my question: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/painted-tops-discontinued.27254/

Last edited:

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

True, need to verify the most recently built MIC quality. This is the first I’ve seen an MIC bubble like that, though. First it was honeycomb, crappy and delaminating edge work, now this. If bubbling was the only issue people are finding on the 2.0, I’d change my tune a bit. Just seems like the 1.0 issues are carrying over in some capacity, but I’d love to be wrong!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why does ford keep making mic 2.0 tops if they know they are not good just give me that bespoke twill slant back top for my 2 door free of charge instead of a leaky peice of shit top

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These are the stickers from my supposed MIC 2.0 top. Dirt mountain, produced 7/2, built 9/25, delivered 10/1.

The dates on my stickers are 9/1 & 9/2.

Nothing on the top is different than the appearance & noise issues everyone was seeing with the first top. Now it's went beyond appearance issues to functional issues with leaking and not protecting the interior from the elements. Issues seem to be appearing after the panels have been removed a few times. This leads me to believe the issues stem from the design of the seals. That's going to be a major issue for a truck marketed with removable doors and roof. This top didn't even last 42 days before being compromised. I'm sorry everyone, if the mod top uses the same seal design, then it will inevitably fail as well.

20211027_211434.jpg

20211027_211553.jpg

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Really Ford should just give wry one a hardtop with the option to purchase MIC down the road for whatever the cost of a soft top is. Can’t really complain if getting both tops for around $2500 or so.
Sponsored