Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

No regrets here. A Bronco in hand is better than two in the bush at this rate. I was a Granger res so wouldn’t have seen a hard top til 2025 b/c of Fords lies.

Aftermarket has solution on its way Spring ‘22 and I’m willing to bet they’ve been paying attention. Now about that 2.7 valve issue😬😬
So your solution to Fords failed tops is to spend more money on aftermarket tops?

edit:
Not judging, just not cool on Fords part that this is the solution
Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Duct tape

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just picked up my 2DR
20211027_152519.jpg
FE 10/22 and noticed a crack just now!
Close look at the "crack" - could that be a line of sealer ON the top itself? Like some sloppy mistake?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ffs!!!! I'm not an engineer but it looks like all it needs is solid edges just like hollow doors that come with builder grade home interiors. Keep the honeycomb contained for a half of in inch around all edges. Are we getting cardboard roofs?! Wtf!! Reminds me of my 1980 mustang headliner.

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hate that Ford can’t get this correct.
I am and have always been a soft top guy for the down/up convenience.
They should really give the 2 doors a soft top option. That’s just asinine they don’t.
Also the “wrinkly” windows on the soft top are an easy fix. Not sure why they have so much trouble with that? You could have a diagonal piece of fabric between two hard windows that still allows the movement to lift the rear a little.

I’ll stick with the Ford soft top for now and in a few years buy an aftermarket one.
Seems like many hardtop guys will likely be doing the same when these MIC really start falling apart after a few winters.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dirt mountain MIC 2.0 Badlands arrived in San Diego today. Besides some scratches & dings on the roof - here are a few shots of the edges I'm seeing. looks a bit rough but honestly not 100% sure what I should be looking for & concerned about. The middle roof panels also seem to be a different shade of grey from the rest of the roof.
unnamed-6.jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg
Good eye. I agree, looks like a small bead of sealer.
I am in agreeance here. It didnt look that way on my phone, but zoomed in on my PC and it could easily just be sloppy work.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

unbelievable that some college educated individual believes this is a good product for a vehicle in any climate.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So your solution to Fords failed tops is to spend more money on aftermarket tops?
How do you know it’s more money? I mean apples to apples and the whole get what you pay for thing.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe Ford should go talk to Jeep and their top manufacturer. The various Wrangler tops seem to hold up just fine.

Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp...checked mine this evening due to this thread. I have the same issue. Blend Date 9/24, built 9/26, took delivery 10/8. Calling dealer tomorrow.

20211027_200423.jpg
I'm interested to see these seams in the tops after a few snow storms, thawing and re-freezing. Those gaps are going to split wide open (probably). Heck, they seem to be splitting on their own under normal conditions. I reckon its just a matter of time before Ford announces no more hard tops until 2023 when the new manufacturer comes online.

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I noticed everything people are mentioning/discovering on the 2.0 tops few weeks ago. Slight honeycomb/snakeskin and lots of exposed edges. For the most part mine doesn’t appear to be deteriroting, but this cooler Kentucky weather will surely be the test of that!

I’ve been following this thread today and I wasn’t going to comment, but…… on my way home from work today the dreaded clicking sound started! The sound is right above the drivers head/right ear and there is no escaping it without damaging your hearing and the speakers! Its maddening and that’s putting it nicely! I pulled over multiple times trying to adjust the latch to see if it would help. It made no difference if it was latched or unlatched!

When I got home I removed the top 2 panels and made sure the brackets for the rear cap were tightly fastened and then carefully replaced the 2 front panels. When they were both in place I decided the latch the drivers side first this time and then the passenger side to see if that would help. Hopefully I won’t be cursing on my way in to work tomorrow.

I honestly think these are the same tops. I believe Ford led us to believe they were tooling/etc for the tops to cover for the chip shortage. They assured and stated publicly that the Bronco was not affected……. I think a large majority of the chips Ford allocated for the Bronco went to the F-150‘s when they started clearing them out all of the sudden this summer. All of this happened right around the same time. Ford just needed time to identify the absolute shit tops and buy some time for giving up the chips and waiting for the new shipment to come in. There for awhile all the Broncos being delivered were models ordered without the mid package . Mid package and higher models were at a stand still. My top looks identical to one in the line photo from 7/2. Uneven panel over the drivers side and all…. I took Delivery the day after it arrived at the dealership on 10/2, exactly 3 months after it was “produced” but not ”built” until 9/30.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I noticed everything people are mentioning/discovering on the 2.0 tops few weeks ago. Slight honeycomb/snakeskin and lots of exposed edges. For the most part mine doesn’t appear to be deteriroting, but this cooler Kentucky weather will surely be the test of that!

I’ve been following this thread today and I wasn’t going to comment, but…… on my way home from work today the dreaded clicking sound started! The sound is right above the drivers head/right ear and there is no escaping it without damaging your hearing and the speakers! Its maddening and that’s putting it nicely! I pulled over multiple times trying to adjust the latch to see if it would help. It made no difference if it was latched or unlatched!

When I got home I removed the top 2 panels and made sure the brackets for the rear cap were tightly fastened and then carefully replaced the 2 front panels. When they were both in place I decided the latch the drivers side first this time and then the passenger side to see if that would help. Hopefully I won’t be cursing on my way in to work tomorrow.

I honestly think these are the same tops. I believe Ford led us to believe they were tooling/etc for the tops to cover for the chip shortage. They assured and stated publicly that the Bronco was not affected……. I think a large majority of the chips Ford allocated for the Bronco went to the F-150‘s when they started clearing them out all of the sudden this summer. All of this happened right around the same time. Ford just needed time to identify the absolute shit tops and buy some time for giving up the chips and waiting for the new shipment to come in. There for awhile all the Broncos being delivered were models ordered without the mid package . Mid package and higher models were at a stand still. My top looks identical to one in the line photo from 7/2. Uneven panel over the drivers side and all…. I took Delivery the day after it arrived at the dealership on 10/2, exactly 3 months after it was “produced” but not ”built” until 9/30.
Wait…..are you saying Enron…I mean Ford lied?? Not possible.

They’d never do that to inflate stock holder/Ford corporate equity value. I don’t believe you.

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

as FEs must have mic top just send the unbuilt fe with mod top instead. That should compensate for the 2 min day 1 reservation holders who have not getting their vehicles. Thanks in advance @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored