Sponsored

Bad news today… Got a call. Damaged in transport.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what happens when you do business with the lowest bidder. For a metal bumper to be that f'd, I wonder what happened. I'd want a new Bronco. Not only things won't be the same but it going to be on the carfax as being in a accident.
It almost looks like it rammed into a light pole with a concrete base? Whatever it was they need to find out what's going on as these are not just a few little scrapes and scratches from vehicles shifting.
Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to see that happened. In thinking about it, if it didn't show up on carfax, and it was a bolt on parts fix, I think I would rather not know.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to see that happened. In thinking about it, if it didn't show up on carfax, and it was a bolt on parts fix, I think I would rather not know.
Sometimes I think that... But deep down inside, I do want to know so that if something odd comes up down the road, I can investigate and make sure it's not connected somehow.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There was a full big rig of used cars that burned up in NY last week, tractor caught fire and took down the whole trailer's worth. An X3 aboard was on its way to one of my customers...... It's literally a warped shell.
few years ago there was car carrier with Dodge Demons that caught fires and 3 or 4 were lost to the fire one reason the last one vin is 3606 not 3600

Sponsored

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My condolences. That is beyond awful. I wouldn't accept it, even if they offer to fix. As painful as that is.

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
these guys must have unladed from the truck

Attachments

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are as many of any model across all lines getting damaged in shipping, but they typically don’t have an entire community of people watching every step of the process like we are.

When I was a young guy, I sold Pontiac’s. A guy paid $10k over to order a Anniversary Turbo T/A (the one with the Grand National Motor). He wanted to be on the ground when the car was unloaded from the transport. It arrived with damage to the hood, so we unloaded it, fixed it, reloaded it and called him to come watch us unload it. He was perfectly happy with the car, and none the wiser.

My Denali came in with a dent in the C pillar. Dealer fixed it and you would never know the difference.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#1 source of damage during rail transport is jumped chalks. You're transporting a vehicle that is designed to climb over boulders. See a relationship?

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all the people saying this is BS and I wouldn't take delivery. How do you know you haven't already taken a delivery of a car like this? Only reason why the OP knows the damage is because the dealer told him. If this was dealer stock, they would of fixed it, put it out on the lot, and sold it with the new owner being none the wiser.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford finding the cheapest way of transportation that’s why a lot is going to rail it so much cheaper than actually having to pay a truck. Do you know how yours was shipped?

I'm sure Ford would be willing to ship it by truck for you. Destination fee will be about $5k though.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not much protection that the modular bumper provides when playing on rocky trails. Unless someone drove this thing into a pillar at 20mph or something.

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Damaged in transport. Just my luck.

Ford Bronco Bad news today… Got a call. Damaged in transport. 4da0f2d9-6c07-41ce-86e0-7fa590bf71b7-jpe

Ford Bronco Bad news today… Got a call. Damaged in transport. 4da0f2d9-6c07-41ce-86e0-7fa590bf71b7-jpe

Sorry to see this, show the dealer some grace with it, and a reasonable list of accessories you like and a great dealer will find away to comp those for you.
Sponsored