First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After 10,000 miles, I get 17.5. Most of this is driving around town. On road trips, I get about 18.2 in ECO mode. I drive about 70-75 mph. Anything above 75 it loses 2 mpg for every 8-10 miles of speed.
Sponsored

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed a change from 20-21mpg to 16-17mpg when I would adjust cruise from 70mph to 80mph. Those extra 10mph really impacted fuel economy. Sas on a BD.
I have gotten the same results. Plus strong headwinds will have a similar result. I have almost 33,000 miles.

Rhinomanj

Raptor
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My Raptor seems to get 15.9 if I drive the speed limit and 15.8 if I fo 10 mph over.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just did two back to back road trips to St George Utah. About 300 miles each way.

After 8 months ownership My Badlands Sasquatch on 35’s gets about 18mpg around town.
But the 2 road trips had me averaging 13.6 mpg on the highway. One trip was loaded up with two adults and 2 children and luggage. The second trip was 1 adult 1 kid and minimal luggage. Difference was only .4 mpg for the “lighter” trip.
Is this normally what people are seeing?
It’s almost worth selling over.
Over the first 1k miles, my highway MPG started at 13 mpg but eventually increased to over 19 mpg. My best mpg was 24.5 mpg over a 365 mile course that I used to run at 70+ MPH. Always in 4A Sport mode (predominantly using adaptive cruise control).

Bronco MPG is very sensitive to the wheel and tire combination.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just did two back to back road trips to St George Utah. About 300 miles each way.

After 8 months ownership My Badlands Sasquatch on 35’s gets about 18mpg around town.
But the 2 road trips had me averaging 13.6 mpg on the highway. One trip was loaded up with two adults and 2 children and luggage. The second trip was 1 adult 1 kid and minimal luggage. Difference was only .4 mpg for the “lighter” trip.
Is this normally what people are seeing?
It’s almost worth selling over.
Try replace the air filter with a drop in K&N filter.. May just need some more AIR…

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well at least it's not just me... no Sasquatch here, but I get equally garbage fuel mileage.

I also get worse mileage on highway than I do in town.
Well aren't you lucky, I get garbage mileage both highway and city 😂

What was your speed @UtahGreg? I find anything over 70 is just brutal for mpg.

BigJim1957

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT/CS, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When my wife and I drove our 2022 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7L V6 down to Rocky Point Mexico and back to Vegas in November 2022, we got 24 MPG for the 941-mile trip. I average about 18 MPG around town in Eco mode. I never looked at the Bronco as an economy car and what I spend on gas is part of my monthly budget.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly dont even look. i think the fancy ford display says some where around 16mpg. Could be last trip, current, idk, I keep it on "gauges" and just put fuel in when it gets low. its a toy, even though its a daily. my work commute is 16 miles round trip.

i tow toys a lot, and i also drive 75-80 Hw speeds easy. Ford tuned 93 Fuel only, SAS, 2 door. only extra pounds added is skid plates on the front arms and rear shocks.

BillysMom

Base
First Name
Jetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & some motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get between 19 and 21 mpg average mixed driving, that's in a mostly stock 2dr manual sasquatch

Have not done a loaded up road trip yet, sure is a lot better than my old Cherokee crawler was! (14-16 mpg)

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Want fuel-efficiency? Get a hybrid. The Bronco, especially the Badlands, has NEVER been advertised as a fuel-efficient vehicle!! In one of the Ford documents they had a chart of mileage by model, Bronco Nation also has it online. This should not be a surprise.
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch has terrible MPG IMG_6692

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I averaged 20mpg when I drove from AZ to UT. City driving I get 17-18 with my Badlands 7mt. The BL is the heaviest of the bunch, right? All the extra armor and skids makes mpg suffer.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's simple,

1) Air up yout tires closer to the original factory over inflated psi

2) stay out of boost regardless of what's causing it. It could be a headwind, it could be a heavy foot, etc.

When I was breaking in my engine, I used to go on semi short road trips. One particular day I had a headwind going up. I stay 6+ boost and got 13mpg. An hour or 2 later, heading back home with the wind at my back, 0 boost and got 22mpg.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve found drafting others on the highway really helps my MPG’s. Plus there’s always that one guy I always enjoy putting in the barrier when I blast past them, usually a f*cking Subaru.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guessing the speed limit out there was 80, and you were most likely doing it at a minimum. Those larger tires, and different gearing come at a price when cruising civilized pavement.
Sponsored