Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I went back and forth a lot and it's Black Diamond for me.

If you plan on keeping it mostly stock, I could see how Badlands makes more sense.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Like a lot of you I go back and forth between models on the Build and Price.
From my latest calculations a Badlands is the way for me to go:
If I build a Black Diamond with mid package, 2.7 auto I come out around $48000.
My Badlands build is $54,400 with 2.7, auto, 33's, and the high package.

The BD is missing:
The Bilstein shocks. I could put some 2.5" Fox on it for probably $4000
I am also missing the 33's. $1250 (I could probably sell the OEM 32's for 300-400)
I have no front locker and the lighter front diff.
I have no stabar disco.

So 48k+4k+900(tires)= 52,900 vs 54400 for the Badlands. So for $1600 I get the heavier front diff with front locker, stabar disconnect as well as the 360 degree camera system... Sounds like a heck of a deal to me.

Last time I did this calculation I didn't take into account that I would have to add (good) shocks to get the same ride quality as the BL. Since we intend to take ours off road extensively the ride quality is extremely important. as is the heavier front diff/front locker. The stabar disconnect is not necessary as I could manually disconnect it but would be a great convenience..

Thoughts?
You obviously want the BL but are having a hard time justifying the extra $1,500. And being that it's that close, I say stop asking these questions and order up the Badlands already.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You obviously want the BL but are having a hard time justifying the extra $1,500. And being that it's that close, I say stop asking these questions and order up the Badlands already.
I concur. But OP if you're not convinced then flip a coin. You'll know how you truly feel when you see the result. It works everytime.

Big B-ronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am just 99ing till I can sas a manual BD
This .... All day long. Was low key happy when they announced all non scheduled builds being pushed to 22 for just this reason.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a similar decision to make. I originally wanted a BL with the Lux package but, over time, decided that the BB is better matched to my needs as a daily driver with little to no off-roading. However, I really like those standard 33s/rims and I am not one to swap tires and wheels or make any mods. Although the BB is much cheaper, I still think about the BL except with the Mid or High package.

Sponsored

sauce

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a BD ordered originally, but I switched it to Badlands because all the things you just can't get (12" screen, 360 cam, disconnect) or simply costs too much add.

2Dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, High Package, with some small doodads came out to 47k. Frankly, it's a lot of truck for 47k even at MSRP and I'm super excited for 2022.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am still researching since I can't order yet. My latest builds are:
1. Black Diamond 4dr, SAS, 2.7, auto, and MID $52360
2. Badlands 4dr, SAS, 2.7, auto and MID.. $55610

The BL has the signature LED headlights and the stabar disco at a cost of $3250. The signature LED headlights don't matter as long as I have LED headlights so as far as I can tell I am paying $3250 for the stabar disco.. It would be convenient but I am not sure it's worth that..
I don't see any other differences between the BD and BL's other than the fact you can add the high package to the BL but not the BD

Last edited:

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Black Diamond 4dr, SAS, 2.7, auto, and MID $55610
2. Badlands 4dr, SAS, 2.7, auto and MID.. $52360

The BL has the signature LED headlights and the stabar disco at a cost of $3250. The signature LED headlights don't matter as long as I have LED headlights so as far as I can tell I am paying $3250 for the stabar disco.. It would be convenient but I am not sure it's worth that..
I don't see any other differences between the BD and BL's other than the fact you can add the high package to the BL but not the BD
Those are backwards right? Cause if the Badlands is cheaper, we shouldn't be having this conversation. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Black Diamond 4dr, SAS, 2.7, auto, and MID $55610
2. Badlands 4dr, SAS, 2.7, auto and MID.. $52360

I think you have your msrp’s switched up there, I have a 4dr sas 2.7auto mid tow BD soft top w floor mats on order and the msrp before TTL is $51,070. But yes, you’re right, the equivalent mid package BL is $3250 more for the sig lights and disco. If you see yourself using it a few times a year, then get the BL. Personally, I’ve got a budget to stay under, so I’m about maxed out at $51k plus TTL and very happy with the options on a loaded BD. However, if you’re like what seems most people on this forum and have money to burn, go all out!!

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1. Black Diamond 4dr, SAS, 2.7, auto, and MID $52360
2. Badlands 4dr, SAS, 2.7, auto and MID.. $55610

Are those hardtops or soft tops? If hardtop have you accounted for the price difference of the headliner (nowhere near $3250 though). Do these builds have the same interior?

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are those hardtops or soft tops? If hardtop have you accounted for the price difference of the headliner (nowhere near $3250 though). Do these builds have the same interior?
Both hard top with the sound deadening headliner. I think the BL does have some extra insulation under the head