First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I've been going back and forth lately between Wildtrak and Badlands and would love to hear your feedback on what way you guys would go when I have two builds that are only a few hundred dollars different (around $52,500) and being that I'm new to this Offroad vehicle world (coming from a volt, but the wife has a 4Runner) would love to hear your thoughts

Here are the two builds I'm comparing:

Wildtrak (Cactus Gray or Area 51)
2.7L 10 Speed Auto
High Package
Cloth Seats - Don't love the interior, can't afford to go with leather
Sasquatch looks cool but worried bigger tires will affect gas mileage negatively
Rear Locking Differential
4.7 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Badlands (Cactus Gray or Area 51)
2.3L 10 Speed Auto
High Package
Roof Rack - cause apparently that can't be added to Wildtrak
17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels
Marine Grade Vinly Seats - which I love the look of and durability
Front Bumper - Heavy-Duty Modular
Upgraded Bash Plates

So for really the same price the main difference I would say is the Engine, the interior, and then the bigger sasquatch tires and lift

What are you guys thinking?? Is the engine difference drastic? Would love advice
I’m not seeing the interior difference, maybe you can outline them.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm getting the WT and will be doing everything the Badlands folks are planning on doing (short of beating up a brand new 60k ride)

So don't let anyone scare you into thinking the Badlands is the only Bronco that can be taken offroad or do things like Moab, Rubicon, sand, etc.

Here are some questions that may help you...

Q: I MUST have the best possible gas mileage

A: Badlands, because of the 2.3L plus most likely better aerodynamics with smaller tires, not as high suspension, higher gears.

Q: I must have leather-ish seats because I cant stand cloth. (Or I must have that washout floor)

A: Badlands since you said you can't swing the leather option in WT

Q: I totally hate have anything resembling an interior with lighter colors. Everything must be dark/Black

A: Badlands

Q: I must have a Bronco but I can do without alot of the basic bells and whistles when it comes to creature comforts if I can save money.

A: Badlands...since it comes stock with soft top, manual, and not even the Mid package.

Basically in the end, if you are trying to save money but really want an off-road capable rig from the factory, Badlands is the way to go. You get what you need, without being forced to add any creature comforts.

However if you are going to build up the Badlands to the creature comfort level of a Widtrak, it can be done, but will cost you.

Final thought... if the Disconnect isn't a selling point for you... why not the BD? Does it come with front lockers?

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

IMO badlands is currently the best trim- only thing I dislike is the rims, wish it had the WT Rims.

OP
OP
JeR2D2

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting the WT and will be doing everything the Badlands folks are planning on doing (short of beating up a brand new 60k ride)

So don't let anyone scare you into thinking the Badlands is the only Bronco that can be taken offroad or do things like Moab, Rubicon, sand, etc.

Here are some questions that may help you...

Q: I MUST have the best possible gas mileage

A: Badlands, because of the 2.3L plus most likely better aerodynamics with smaller tires, not as high suspension, higher gears.

Q: I must have leather-ish seats because I cant stand cloth. (Or I must have that washout floor)

A: Badlands since you said you can't swing the leather option in WT

Q: I totally hate have anything resembling an interior with lighter colors. Everything must be dark/Black

A: Badlands

Q: I must have a Bronco but I can do without alot of the basic bells and whistles when it comes to creature comforts if I can save money.

A: Badlands...since it comes stock with soft top, manual, and not even the Mid package.

Basically in the end, if you are trying to save money but really want an off-road capable rig from the factory, Badlands is the way to go. You get what you need, without being forced to add any creature comforts.

However if you are going to build up the Badlands to the creature comfort level of a Widtrak, it can be done, but will cost you.

Final thought... if the Disconnect isn't a selling point for you... why not the BD? Does it come with front lockers?
This is great thank you!

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMO badlands is currently the best trim- only thing I dislike is the rims, wish it had the WT Rims.
i was thinking, at some point, you'll be able to buy those black beauty rings and swap them on to the badlands or squatch wheels. That's the only difference, the inner part is already gloss black. I plan on doing that at some point.

Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I've been going back and forth lately between Wildtrak and Badlands and would love to hear your feedback on what way you guys would go when I have two builds that are only a few hundred dollars different (around $52,500) and being that I'm new to this Offroad vehicle world (coming from a volt, but the wife has a 4Runner) would love to hear your thoughts

Here are the two builds I'm comparing:

2.7L 10 Speed Auto
High Package
Sasquatch looks cool but worried bigger tires will affect gas mileage negatively

2.3L 10 Speed Auto
High Package
Upgraded Bash Plates

So for really the same price the main difference I would say is the Engine, the interior, and then the bigger sasquatch tires and lift

What are you guys thinking?? Is the engine difference drastic? Would love advice
go with badlands for mpg concerns and u get leather!

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a WT, so I didn't pay too much attention to the other models, but I don't like the WT interior so might switch.

Just so I understand, Badlands comes with the Sasquatch suspension components. The difference is the 33" wheels tires. Yes?

So if I prefer a black interior, and plan on swapping to aftermarket wheels/tires anyway, seems silly to pay for the Sas pkg on a BL...

Seems I'd be better off with non-SAS Badlands, and order my own Method/Fuel wheels and 35" KO2's.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me it came down to a couple of things that swayed me enough to go BL optioned up with 2.7L and Sasquatch (which makes it very similar to the Wildtrak).

Interior color options (I don't like the "tan" dash and tan seating with blue accents at all) and I really like MGV and the washout interior.

I've been thinking about MGV and the washout interior a lot lately because I was originally thinking about upgrading to leather with power seats. For me, I won't be changing my seating position as I'm the only one driving it (so power seats aren't really necessary) and the feedback on the feel of MGV from first had people has been very good (some like the feel more than leather).

So with that, I started thinking about when it would be nice to have MGV and the washout interior... and one thought stood out. Leaving camp or cabin for the day with the tops and doors off (maybe just a bimini for sunblock) to go up a mountain backroad with the family for a hike/bike and picnic. It doesn't look like the second row modular top fits anywhere for storage so I'd have to choose leaving it at camp or not taking it off (I'm sure my kids would prefer it off so would need to leave it). CO weather changes quickly in the summer (especially at high elevation) and it is not uncommon for a decent afternoon rainstorm to come through. With MGV and washout interior, I don't have to worry if some rain comes along... and I don't have to keep the second row and back part of the top on for our day adventure.

Jeez, didn't realize this was such a long post until looking now. Daydreaming about Bronco adventures, lol. Anyway, I'm sold on MGV and unless Wildtrak gets it as an option, it's BL for me.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford really messed up the WT with black top and the interior and that's why I changed to the BLs. Also, the BLs has more options compared to the WT. I liked the WT because it would have been a better fit for me, but Ford changed my mind for me.

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7L 10 Speed Auto
High Package

2.3L 10 Speed Auto
High Package
Upgraded Bash Plates

You made your decision. It’s the BL for the same reason I moved from WT to BL.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JeR2D2

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You made your decision. It’s the BL for the same reason I moved from WT to BL.
Yeah I hear you I guess it’s just a bummer that I’m turning down Sasquatch and 2.7 for basically MGV and bash plates/bumper

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
u've got a winner. Can't turn a Wildtrak into a badlands. And not having those Wildtrak graphics gives you roughly 2 extra whe
Add the 2.7 to the Badlands and you've got a winner. Can't turn a Wildtrak into a badlands. And not having those Wildtrak graphics gives you roughly 2 extra wheel horsepower.
Add the 2.7 on BL and its a clear winner. WT graphics are not awesome and you can get better after market later. Roofrack can be done after market too but there are some GVWR concerns, if it is just for look, then it may be different discussion.
Add SASQ also for BL if you would like, they will impact mileage negatively with little extra raod noise. 33s will do the job for most off-road, extreme would need 35s and some lifting.

Last edited:

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd wait to see what prices settle in at. If 2.7L is really only 300 more than automatic option, I'd go that route even if going Badlands. I don't see fuel economy being much different between the two. Remember F-150 2.7 is rated 18-23 vs 20-24 on Ranger 2.3L. I expect Bronco to be lower than these, but I do expect both engines to be pretty close in a Bronco

Now Sasquatch I do expect to really hurt fuel economy (but I expect Badlands to get worse fuel economy than others due to 33's and weight), but if you're buying a Bronco, fuel economy should be pretty far down your list of desires as I expect it to be bad in the real world.
Dont see a huge difference in WT vs BL fuel economy with sasq. I drive a 4-runner 18-23 pretty much, used to that kinda mileage

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
d the feedback on the feel of MGV from first had people has been very good (some like the feel more than leather).

So with that, I started thinking about when it would be nice to have MGV and the washout interior... and one thought stood out. Leaving camp or cabin for the day with the tops and doors off (maybe just a bimini for sunblock) to go up a mountain backroad with the family for a hike/bike and picnic. It doesn't look like the second row modular top fits anywhere for storage so I'd have to choose leaving it at camp or not taking it off (I'm sure my kids would prefer it off so would need to leave it). CO weather changes quickly in the summer (especially at high elevation) and it is not uncommon for a decent afternoon rainstorm to come through. With MGV and washout interior, I don't have to worry if some rain comes along... and I don't have to keep the second row and back part of the top on for our day adventure.
+1