First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was dead set on the BL with 33s, but will go with BL Squatch instead.

The decision became less about the tires, and more about the 4.7 gearing. I live in CO, and would like the flexibility down the road to go bigger on tires and have a better ratio for crawling. Tires are relatively cheap to replace, but gearing gets expensive, so I went with the most aggressive gearing I could.
“
SasquatchTM Package
17" black-painted aluminum beadlock-capable wheels with 35" LT315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain tires, electronic-locking front and rear axles, 4.7 Final Drive Ratio, high-clearance suspension, position-sensitive BilsteinTM shock absorbers, and high clearance fender flares”. Question: Seems to me like Sasquatch also adds the front diff lock on all Trim levels (including Badlands?). Badlands should get front diff and rear diff locks already. I would like to know what is the difference in between the 33” Badlands non Sasquatch suspension HOSS vs adding the Sasquatch to the Badlands.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i am getting a badlands with no sasquatch because its not necessary. The Sasquatch will only delay your order and take more time. The reason why i'm not doing it is because i'm going with the aftermarket for my wheels and tires. I'll be getting method 305 wheels and 37" nitto trail grapplers. The goodyear tire they are putting on the bronco is brand new and hasnt been in the market long. I would rather go with a tire thats top rated and more badass looking than the goodyear. Just my opinion on the whole thing.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting Badlands w/33s. Don't need Squatch and more concerned how it handles on the road & highway (99%) of my driving. The 33s will handle better and will still take me very far off road. Sounds like you already made up your mind of wanting the Squatch badass look. Do what makes you feel good.
Is it possible to switch to 33’s if you get the Squatch? I know the gearing is for 35’s. What is the better off roader; standard Badlands HOSS with sway bar disconnect and 33 or adding the Squatch to Badlands and loosing the disconnect. I’m by no means an expert on something that has not come out.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think based on the way you are talking about it that you should go Sasquatch. You do get a little bit more lift and a 4.7 rear end, and on a 4 door, I think it needs 35s to look balanced. Sas also gives you the ability to add 37s and get by without regearing...and I think haveing stock BL gearing is probably too short to make that work and be happy. Even if that's not a concern, my thought is that everytime you see a Sasquatched Bronco, you'll have wished you did it and will end up adding 35s anyway. Then you're a little undergeared, and need a little bit more lift. Better to do it right from day 1.

Sponsored

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it possible to switch to 33’s if you get the Squatch? I know the gearing is for 35’s. What is the better off roader; standard Badlands HOSS with sway bar disconnect and 33 or adding the Squatch to Badlands and loosing the disconnect. I’m by no means an expert on something that has not come out.
I was told you cant switch your tires and plus the regular 4.46 gears are going to do just fine with 33's or even if you want to upgrade to 35's your self. Everyone thinks you need the 4.7 gears for the 35's and yes it may be nice but its not necessary. Save yourself the wait time and the extra money and go aftermarket and get better tires. Lots of jeep owners run lower gears like 4.10 on 35's and they say it does just fine. The only time they regear is if they are going up to 37's or bigger.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On a badlands id stick with the oem wheels and 33s. They are the best looking wheel tire combo available on the bronco IMO.

Reactions: abe

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A lot of people here will sasq. We're like what? 10% maybe of res holders. I think you'll see plenty of non sasq on road. I'm not planning on doing it either

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question: Seems to me like Sasquatch also adds the front diff lock on all Trim levels (including Badlands?). Badlands should get front diff and rear diff locks already. I would like to know what is the difference in between the 33” Badlands non Sasquatch suspension HOSS vs adding the Sasquatch to the Badlands.
Sasquatch adds the the front and rear locker to Base and Big Bend. It adds the front locker to Black Diamond (already has the rear locker). BL already has both lockers, so it adds 4.7 gearing, 35" tires, and some small changes to the suspension to allow for those bigger tires.

There are still unknowns with the exact differences between BL and BL Squatch suspension. We know there is touch less articulation with the 35s, but not much else.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was told you cant switch your tires and plus the regular 4.46 gears are going to do just fine with 33's or even if you want to upgrade to 35's your self. Everyone thinks you need the 4.7 gears for the 35's and yes it may be nice but its not necessary. Save yourself the wait time and the extra money and go aftermarket and get better tires. Lots of jeep owners run lower gears like 4.10 on 35's and they say it does just fine. The only time they regear is if they are going up to 37's or bigger.
Do you loose the HOSS system and disconnect if you Squach a Badlands?

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is best depends on what short of offroading you will do:
35, no disco - Will do better when mud is your primary obstacle. More clearance and a bigger footprint.
33s w/disco - Will do better in uneven terrain where the disco will increase articulation and better keep all the tires on the ground.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
. Lots of jeep owners run lower gears like 4.10 on 35's and they say it does just fine. The only time they regear is if they are going up to 37's or bigger.
That is definitely up for debate, and is hotly debated amongst the Jeep crowd. Some think it's fine, some think it badly needs to be re-geared with 35s. Also, it is not comparable to just throw the "4.10" on here and say they do it with that ratio....as they are not comparable. That 4.10 gives you 1/3rd of the story on gearing on the truck. It's not apples to apples at all to just look at the one number without factoring in transmission and transfer case numbers.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a badlands id stick with the oem wheels and 33s. They are the best looking wheel tire combo available on the bronco IMO.
Really? I like the alternate wheels more. Lol. :( Of course the OEM wheels would be cheaper though. Hmmm.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i am getting a badlands with no sasquatch because its not necessary. The Sasquatch will only delay your order and take more time. The reason why i'm not doing it is because i'm going with the aftermarket for my wheels and tires. I'll be getting method 305 wheels and 37" nitto trail grapplers. The goodyear tire they are putting on the bronco is brand new and hasnt been in the market long. I would rather go with a tire thats top rated and more badass looking than the goodyear. Just my opinion on the whole thing.
If you are eyeing 37's you will want the 4.7 gearing, especially with TGs. I was set on not getting the sas because the 4.7 appeared to be no up charge on the B&P, now that that's been debunked I am sas'ing again again because I too am going to run 37's
Sponsored