First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of the gate I'm going Badlands with the upgraded wheels. Sure, I might scrape on rocks a little more but I'll have all the capability without the goofy looking squatch flares that IMO ruin the classic Bronco look.

125464484_204151684419057_8530044250938682581_n (1).jpg
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was under the impression that 4.7 was available with badlands non squatch. Likely making it the fastest 0-60. If its not available it should be!
4.7 gearing dude.
I think you need sas to get it, I think the B&P is fucked up still.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was under the impression that 4.7 was available with badlands non squatch. Likely making it the fastest 0-60. If its not available it should be!
It is if you are going MT.
My bad. When I replied I was referring to 2.7 Auto in which you need to step it up to sas to get the 4.7 gearing.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

get a tape measure. Measure out 0.7 inches (about a thumb width), that is about how much higher your truck will sit. Then measure 1.2 inches and that is how much wider the tires will be. If that is worth $2500 to you, then have at it, Hoss (pun intended)!
Unless I'm misunderstanding the context, I think you may be mistaken with the height. The tires and Squatch lift, when combined, will be more than 0.7". Ford's docs show that the difference between Badlands and BadSquatch is 1.4".

Sponsored

74Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco and 2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just sent in my order for Badlands with non-sasquatch and 4.7 gearing. Hope the program is working correctly as that is the gearing I want for bigger tires later

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've debated this exact damn thing. But every time I see those extra wide flares, I go back to 33s.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of the gate I'm going Badlands with the upgraded wheels. Sure, I might scrape on rocks a little more but I'll have all the capability without the goofy looking squatch flares that IMO ruin the classic Bronco look.

Ford Bronco Base Badlands w/ 33s vs Sasquatch w/ 35s final decision 125464484_204151684419057_8530044250938682581_n (1)
I'm replacing my goofy squatched flares with the regular ones. A 10-minute swap and it's gonna look awesome!

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have decided to wait until MY22, mostly due to this dilemma (and color/top choices). I know that I can order my Manual Badlands now, which is extremely tempting, especially since I think it actually looks better non-squatched.

But, I am also unsure whether I would be happy with it non-squatched. If that is the case, I would then be more unhappy if I have to replace any badlands specific (and upcharged) suspension, wheels, and other components in order to make a DIY squatch.

I may have more incentive to wait than others, though, because the cherry on top for me would be if a Blue body, white top, badlands became possible in MY22.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just sent in my order for Badlands with non-sasquatch and 4.7 gearing. Hope the program is working correctly as that is the gearing I want for bigger tires later
Please post your DORA, curious if the 4.7 gears on a non squatch automatic is truly allowed to be ordered and also if it is free or $1800 (as priced in the accessories list).,

Sponsored

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it possible to switch to 33’s if you get the Squatch? I know the gearing is for 35’s. What is the better off roader; standard Badlands HOSS with sway bar disconnect and 33 or adding the Squatch to Badlands and loosing the disconnect. I’m by no means an expert on something that has not come out.
Who said you'd lose the disco if you added Squatch??

OP
OP
flamingojoe

flamingojoe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW! This is the first chance I've gotten today to check out the post and I am so thrilled by all the discussion! It sounds like a lot of yall have had similar debates and so it's super helpful to hear everyone's perspective that influenced their decision making process. I honestly think after reading through everyone's responses that I'm now leaning toward the base 33's with the upgraded beadlock capable wheels and a 2" lift if that ends up being an option.

I really appreciated the point about being true to the original Bronco and how the wide stance isn't really a trademark Bronco look. I also liked the thought process about the largely unproven Sasquatch tires and even the fact that the Sasquatch might delay the build based on what Ford hinted in their recent email. I am also not so much concerned with the 4.7 gearing as I honestly dont see myself ever going 37s as this needs to be my daily driver, but I do appreciate all the discussion around the gearing as that is another element of the Sasquatch package that I wasn't putting as much weighting behind.

ryansbronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f3506.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The day is finally here, it’s time to submit my order with my dealer. The only problem is that after months of weighing the options I have 90% of my build figured out but am still unsure on whether to squatch the Badlands or not.

I realistically only need the 33s based on my expected amount of off-roading but I also don’t want to regret not going Sasquatch if 50% of Broncos on the road are squatched (based on our initial order tracking). The aesthetics of the Sasquatch package seem hard to beat and I’ll admit that is a big driving factor in my decision. Hell the aesthetics of the whole vehicle Are what really got me interested and excited in the first place. The thing I like about the Sasquatch the most is the stance. The thing looks like a bulldog with the wheels extending out from the body. With the base 33s on the Badlands the tires look more flush in the wheel well so I don’t feel like the stance will be as badass.

I’m curious, what helped you guys make the final decision one way or the other? Are there any photos of the vehicle that helped you decide either way? I saw the overlander concept in person and absolutely loved it but it was an unofficial Sasquatch so not a fair example. Are there any photos out there or a base badlands next to a squatched badlands? Or even next to any squatched Bronco for that matter?
I just got back from ordering, I decided not to sas, because I want 37s and not 35s, sas will only fit 35s needs more lift. So I decided to wait till ford performance makes there lift available, so if 35s is all you want go for it! But for me it would a waste because the lift won't "STACK" on a sas package, therefore being a waste of money. At least in my situation

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as you are ordering a manual transmission, you will get the 4.7 gearing.

Bronconheimer

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm replacing my goofy squatched flares with the regular ones. A 10-minute swap and it's gonna look awesome!
Aren't you worried that might look too menacing?
Sponsored