DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 XLT Longbed Extended Cab
Clubs

The more that I talk with my old school VW buddies, I might just go Base 4DR with Aux Switches and Floor Liners. Still undecided on the engine, but the 2.3 would most likely be fine. I don't really need to do tires any bigger than 265/75/16 or 235/85/16. I think the fun will be in the mods!!

Advertisement

OP
Nickp

Nickp

Black Diamond
Staff member
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
The more that I talk with my old school VW buddies, I might just go Base 4DR with Aux Switches and Floor Liners. Still undecided on the engine, but the 2.3 would most likely be fine. I don't really need to do tires any bigger than 265/75/16 or 235/85/16. I think the fun will be in the mods!!
Can’t go wrong with that man. Aux switches and I’d personally recommend the hard top too. It’s 1000x easier and cheaper to add a soft top down the road than the hard top. (Unless you just want soft top full time; then go nuts lol)

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Can’t go wrong with that man. Aux switches and I’d personally recommend the hard top too. It’s 1000x easier and cheaper to add a soft top down the road than the hard top. (Unless you just want soft top full time; then go nuts lol)
Want the convertible at a whim option of the soft top. And I was just thinking that my F150 Extended Cab Long Bed on 30" tires has gotten me anywhere that the Bronco would be going.

OP
Nickp

Nickp

Black Diamond
Staff member
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Want the convertible at a whim option of the soft top. And I was just thinking that my F150 Extended Cab Long Bed on 30" tires has gotten me anywhere that the Bronco would be going.
30” tires are still a pretty decent size... I took my explorer places where it DEFINITELY shouldn’t have and that was on 29’s. Bronco on 30’s is still going to be great.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

30” tires are still a pretty decent size... I took my explorer places where it DEFINITELY shouldn’t have and that was on 29’s. Bronco on 30’s is still going to be great.
True....used to have an S10 Blazer. Think it rode on 235/75/15. It was fine everywhere it went in SoCal.

Advertisement

Advertisement