First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now that the basemansquatch is delayed until MY22 I may switch to the auto. At least I get trail turn assist and whatever they are calling the system that digs itself out when buried. ?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This has been an interesting journey. I started with a Wildtrak reservation the first day of the Bronco reveal. After learning about the models I decided a 2 dr base sasquatch would be what I really wanted. When the 7sp manual was announced with Sasquatch that cemented the decision. Now that it is a MY22 delay I'm strongly considering a base 7sp manual with auxiliary switches, vinyl floor mats, and the steel front bumper with included bash plate. $31.2k build price. Projects would be adding 33" tires and painting the stock steelies, front grille, and roll cage white.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has been an interesting journey. I started with a Wildtrak reservation the first day of the Bronco reveal. After learning about the models I decided a 2 dr base sasquatch would be what I really wanted. When the 7sp manual was announced with Sasquatch that cemented the decision. Now that it is a MY22 delay I'm strongly considering a base 7sp manual with auxiliary switches, vinyl floor mats, and the steel front bumper with included bash plate. $31.2k build price. Projects would be adding 33" tires and painting the stock steelies, front grille, and roll cage white.
I've been a base 2.3L manual 2-door guy for a while. Especially if B&P is accurate about 4.46 diff gears. Because that should mean you can install your own 33" tires without needing to re-gear.

But I'll need to see and test drive some Broncos first. To evaluate tire size and a few other things. Depending on that, I could be persuaded into a V6 or even Sasquatch.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been a base 2.3L manual 2-door guy for a while. Especially if B&P is accurate about 4.46 diff gears. Because that should mean you can install your own 33" tires without needing to re-gear.

But I'll need to see and test drive some Broncos first. To evaluate tire size and a few other things. Depending on that, I could be persuaded into a V6 or even Sasquatch.
I’m definitely getting a Bronco with my original reservation, I don’t think that gives me an opportunity to test drive options before the order cut off date.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The more that I talk with my old school VW buddies, I might just go Base 4DR with Aux Switches and Floor Liners. Still undecided on the engine, but the 2.3 would most likely be fine. I don't really need to do tires any bigger than 265/75/16 or 235/85/16. I think the fun will be in the mods!!
So yes, I'm replying to myself........

I was just hanging out with a mechanic buddy who off-roads an old Jeep Cherokee. I was asking him questions on if should go aftermarket for lockers and stuff as I was still thinking about going Base and building as the need arises.

I then told him about the Sasquatch package and its cost.

Without hesitation, he said to just get the Sasquatch package. Just to get lockers into the Base he said I'd be a couple grand in. Not to mention the lift and it's install and five new wheels and tires.

He also agreed that its probably best to wait and see what the aftermarket does for bumpers and see if there is a cleaner option for winch installation.

I also got a look at his Cherokee (he just put 35s on it)(315/75/16) and have to say that it looks pretty cool. Its a definite trail rig, but give me a pretty good visual on what the step in height will look like with a Bronco on 35s.

Also asked him about the power of the 2.3 and 35s. He said he wouldn't worry about it and that I might not even want the extra power of the 2.7.

I trust his opinion as he has kept our cars on the road for over 10 years now and he knows how I use vehicles.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So yes, I'm replying to myself........

I was just hanging out with a mechanic buddy who off-roads an old Jeep Cherokee. I was asking him questions on if should go aftermarket for lockers and stuff as I was still thinking about going Base and building as the need arises.

I then told him about the Sasquatch package and its cost.

Without hesitation, he said to just get the Sasquatch package. Just to get lockers into the Base he said I'd be a couple grand in. Not to mention the lift and it's install and five new wheels and tires.

He also agreed that its probably best to wait and see what the aftermarket does for bumpers and see if there is a cleaner option for winch installation.

I also got a look at his Cherokee (he just put 35s on it)(315/75/16) and have to say that it looks pretty cool. Its a definite trail rig, but give me a pretty good visual on what the step in height will look like with a Bronco on 35s.

Also asked him about the power of the 2.3 and 35s. He said he wouldn't worry about it and that I might not even want the extra power of the 2.7.

I trust his opinion as he has kept our cars on the road for over 10 years now and he knows how I use vehicles.
Your friend sounds like he knows what’s up. The only thing I don’t 100% agree on is personal preference, which is the engine upgrade. To me the 2.7 is just a badass engine, and while the 2.3 is fine (my dad is getting it) I personally just can’t justify not getting it for $2000/$1000 (whatever it turns out to be). Sasquatch is totally right, for $5k the squatch is a bargain. Everything else I’ll do aftermarket, even the ranger already has some sweet skid plates and bumpers and Bronco is going to have way more options. Factory for drivetrain, aftermarket for accessories. This is the way.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your friend sounds like he knows what’s up. The only thing I don’t 100% agree on is personal preference, which is the engine upgrade. To me the 2.7 is just a badass engine, and while the 2.3 is fine (my dad is getting it) I personally just can’t justify not getting it for $2000/$1000 (whatever it turns out to be). Sasquatch is totally right, for $5k the squatch is a bargain. Everything else I’ll do aftermarket, even the ranger already has some sweet skid plates and bumpers and Bronco is going to have way more options. Factory for drivetrain, aftermarket for accessories. This is the way.
I'll probably go 2.7, because why not!! Only thing that could throw a monkey wrench into this is Ford offering 33s and a rear locker with 4.27s and M210 front diff for the Base. They can leave the front open or offer an LSD like the Raptor!!

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The more I think about it, the more I think I’m not willing to lay out the cash for a brand new vehicle and not be happy with the paint color.

Everything else on the Base/2.7/SQ I was planning on is perfect: don’t care about tech packages, creature comforts beyond what’s already there or any of the other upgrades you get from a higher trim (MGV and rubber floor would be nice though), except for the color.

IMO the base model colors are uninspired. Black/white/silver are out. Rapid red looked cool on the bare body photos but looked at it in real life and it’s boring out of direct sunlight and would require a lot of maintenance to look good. AMB, same thing. Very cool color but would need to be clean all the time to keep from looking black. VB has no depth IMO, saw it on a Fusion, not interested. That leaves us with Carbonized Grey, which isn’t bad. It’s the safe choice and I wouldn’t hate it. The problem with that though is I don’t want to spend new vehicle money on something I “don’t hate”.

I’d be fine with this, if A51 didn’t exist. It’s the one color I actually like in the whole lineup, so it looks like I’m moving to a BD/2.7/SQ. With the way I want the base spec’d it will cost me ~4,500 to move up (Stephens deal).

So yeah, Ford got me :/

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The more I think about it, the more I think I’m not willing to lay out the cash for a brand new vehicle and not be happy with the paint color.

Everything else on the Base/2.7/SQ I was planning on is perfect: don’t care about tech packages, creature comforts beyond what’s already there or any of the other upgrades you get from a higher trim (MGV and rubber floor would be nice though), except for the color.

IMO the base model colors are uninspired. Black/white/silver are out. Rapid red looked cool on the bare body photos but looked at it in real life and it’s boring out of direct sunlight and would require a lot of maintenance to look good. AMB, same thing. Very cool color but would need to be clean all the time to keep from looking black. VB has no depth IMO, saw it on a Fusion, not interested. That leaves us with Carbonized Grey, which isn’t bad. It’s the safe choice and I wouldn’t hate it. The problem with that though is I don’t want to spend new vehicle money on something I “don’t hate”.

I’d be fine with this, if A51 didn’t exist. It’s the one color I actually like in the whole lineup, so it looks like I’m moving to a BD/2.7/SQ. With the way I want the base spec’d it will cost me ~4,500 to move up (Stephens deal).

So yeah, Ford got me :/
For me personally I figure for the price of a big bend I can get a badass wrap and some ceramic tint. And still have some dough left over...

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me personally I figure for the price of a big bend I can get a badass wrap and some ceramic tint. And still have some dough left over...
That’s my other thought. My only reservation is that for my use case, the wrap will look like trash in 3 years. But it would be pretty cool to have any color you want, in almost any finish you want.

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this has been discussed in this thread, but I couldn't get thru 125 pages w/o my eyes bugging out. Has it been determined that the 4D base will eventually have a manual option? I am seriously considering going Base ManSquatch. I am fine with late availability so that isn't the issue. If base 4 door won't have a manual option, then I will move up the ladder to BD. Just want to understand if I can stop looking at the base as an option. My belief is that this will be fixed when B&P gets fixed but who knows. Thanks for any clarity that anyone can give in this mud filled world of B&P.

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the base had an al carte locker option like the big bend it would be a no brainer for me to get a base. Such a bummer they are not offering the base with a locker, although that seems like everyone's complaint whos looking at the base.

My reservation is for a BD, but it's hard to stomach the cost on the BD over a base squatch when the BD still has budge factory shocks. Seems like base squatch would be the best deal. Would much rather build a base and swap in all my own suspension and wheels tires though if I could just get it with a rear factory locker, blah.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry if this has been discussed in this thread, but I couldn't get thru 125 pages w/o my eyes bugging out. Has it been determined that the 4D base will eventually have a manual option? I am seriously considering going Base ManSquatch. I am fine with late availability so that isn't the issue. If base 4 door won't have a manual option, then I will move up the ladder to BD. Just want to understand if I can stop looking at the base as an option. My belief is that this will be fixed when B&P gets fixed but who knows. Thanks for any clarity that anyone can give in this mud filled world of B&P.
I don’t think we know honestly. I assume he’s but not guaranteed.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The base is such a bargain, it will be cheaper than my JKU sport was (in all fairness, I am looking at the 2 door).

I'm stuck between

Base/Auto
Basesquatch (Seems most bang for the buck, but the 35's as daily worry me some)
BB with Mid package.

Lucky we have another month I guess.
Sponsored