Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the base is the entry level, whether you call it a base, an xl, an "s" or whatever. the lowest optioned vehicle is going to be the base model.. the old v6 mustangs used to be called the base model. semantics aside, there is always going to be a base, if thelowest trim level is the eddie bauer, it is the base model.
I went through a fast food drive up once, ordered a small drink, they said they don't have small just medium and large. Same idea, the most basic is base and the smallest is small.
Sponsored

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
it will probably be like most gas stations... regular (base) mid grade (xlt), and premium (eddie bauer)... or similar... you can call a base anything, but the lowest equipped will always be the base model, whether it is an XL (ford truck) or "s" wrangler.... you will always start from the bottom (base) and move your way up... and yes i said eddie bauer in case ford might be have forgotten green is a color which would look great on these vehicles...
I'm sure they'll always call their lowest trim "base", but the interesting question is what will that mean in terms of price and options. For '21 I feel like base is an absolute steal in these terms relative to any other trims. I played around with B&P a LOT during the wait, and it seems like ordering the base model is like an instant $2-10k discount over similarly optioned higher trims.

I mean, compare the 2-door BD 2.7 Sas to a Base 2.7 Sas. $7k difference! For what? Steel bumper ($825), MGV seats, a few color options, and the privilege of having the option to pay another $1.5k for mid. Are those seats really worth $6k+ relative to cloth? I actually prefer the cloth!

Base will always be around, but I'm not sure if the sweetheart deal will be.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure they'll always call their lowest trim "base", but the interesting question is what will that mean in terms of price and options. For '21 I feel like base is an absolute steal in these terms relative to any other trims. I played around with B&P a LOT during the wait, and it seems like ordering the base model is like an instant $2-10k discount over similarly optioned higher trims.

I mean, compare the 2-door BD 2.7 Sas to a Base 2.7 Sas. $7k difference! For what? Steel bumper ($825), MGV seats, a few color options, and the privilege of having the option to pay another $1.5k for mid. Are those seats really worth $6k+ relative to cloth? I actually prefer the cloth!

Base will always be around, but I'm not sure if the sweetheart deal will be.
that is why i dropped about a 20% deposit... i will be holding my dealer to my price whatever the model year...

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My basesqautch finally showed up! This thing is awesome beyond words. Even my wife who was somewhat salty about trading in our Jeep loves it, more than she'll admit out loud lol...... I know there has been tons of reviews by now, but if anyone wants to know anything just ask and I'll do what I can to help out.

PXL_20210722_164628415.jpg

PXL_20210723_095537456.jpg

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My basesqautch finally showed up! This thing is awesome beyond words. Even my wife who was somewhat salty about trading in our Jeep loves it, more than she'll admit out loud lol...... I know there has been tons of reviews by now, but if anyone wants to know anything just ask and I'll do what I can to help out.

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread PXL_20210723_095537456

Beautiful! What was your build date?

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

what motor and transmission?

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

and where are you located?

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.7 and 10 speed. Only transmission you can get in the 4 Door Base. Located in Cincinnati area, bought from Stephen's Auto in West Virginia
Copy....I'm going 2.3 and 10 speed in the 4 Door Base with Sasquatch. I'm probably not too far, just south of the VOA park. 8/4 is my blend so I'm hoping I'll have her by or before the 15th.

Sponsored

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Copy....I'm going 2.3 and 10 speed in the 4 Door Base with Sasquatch. I'm probably not too far, just south of the VOA park. 8/4 is my blend so I'm hoping I'll have her by or before the 15th.
I hope everyone gets there's soon. I'm lucky to have gotten it so early. Barely have had time to play with it yet other than the ride home, but it's pretty damn great.

mcunkle

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a great video of the 2 door base in antimatter blue from a new owner.

I think this looks fantastic! Looks simple and elegant, antimatter blue makes the base look more expensive and the steelies work well with the color combo

Sponsored