2031Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time machine
Your Bronco Model
Base
First post here but the dream is to get a 2021 manual base with aux swiptches... in 2031 (hence the name). I'd love to buy one now but there are other things to prioritize. I'd also like to get the 17" black steelies and put 285/70/r17 AT tires to start and then eventually switch out the bumpers and add fog lights.

Until then, I’ll be living vicariously though this thread.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First post here but the dream is to get a 2021 manual base with aux swiptches... in 2031 (hence the name). I'd love to buy one now but there are other things to prioritize. I'd also like to get the 17" black steelies and put 285/70/r17 AT tires to start and then eventually switch out the bumpers and add fog lights.

Until then, I’ll be living vicariously though this thread.
Not trying to discourage you but I would bet within the next few years the Base will be discontinued. It's kind of a "lost leader" model so they can say you can buy a Bronco for under $30K. Great promo now to get more Broncos out on the streets for everyone to see. I can see the Big Bend becoming the "Base" in the future forcing you to spend an extra $5K.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm really curious what tires they come with... or do we just get 5 rims loaded up in the back of the Bronco lol

I wish they showed up in the render with the machined rim offered in B&P instead of the blacked out version.
yes when you purchase a set of wheels or rims they do not come with tires, unless you are purchasing a "tire and wheel package" if you choose to do that, don't forget the TPMS sensors. it may be more economical if you are looking for other ford wheels and tire sets to look on your reseller websites and get a set of "take offs". anticipate a set of wheels and tires to be 25% more expensive than other "sets" because you will be buying a set of 5 rather than 4...

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not trying to discourage you but I would bet within the next few years the Base will be discontinued. It's kind of a "lost leader" model so they can say you can buy a Bronco for under $30K. Great promo now to get more Broncos out on the streets for everyone to see. I can see the Big Bend becoming the "Base" in the future forcing you to spend an extra $5K.
i am not too sure about that. ford has continued to carry the XL (base) line of trucks through out it's product line. the inexpensive mule of the line will probably be a bit more popular once these vehicles hit the dealerships.

2031Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time machine
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah that’s what I’ve been hearing and that makes a lot of sense. I’ll be buying a used Bronco so in 2031 (assuming used ones hold up well) so I’m happy to go with base or BB. I think the trickier part for me will be finding a 2 door manual.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i am not too sure about that. ford has continued to carry the XL (base) line of trucks through out it's product line. the inexpensive mule of the line will probably be a bit more popular once these vehicles hit the dealerships.
Anything is possible but he was looking at 10 years from now. By then there will be a lot more EV/Phev vehicles out and Ford is committing billions into this now. I just don't see them carrying 7 different Bronco models for much longer.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anything is possible but he was looking at 10 years from now. By then there will be a lot more EV/Phev vehicles out and Ford is committing billions into this now. I just don't see them carrying 7 different Bronco models for much longer.
it will probably be like most gas stations... regular (base) mid grade (xlt), and premium (eddie bauer)... or similar... you can call a base anything, but the lowest equipped will always be the base model, whether it is an XL (ford truck) or "s" wrangler.... you will always start from the bottom (base) and move your way up... and yes i said eddie bauer in case ford might be have forgotten green is a color which would look great on these vehicles...

Last edited:

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My window sticker just populated!!! 8/4 blend date!!! Almost here!!!

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

it is my assumption the base model has an 8.8 inch rear end. considering a base has an open diff, i was wondering if the addition of a limited slip diff would be a good idea. it would be less expensive than a locker and it should improve traction in most off road conditions except perhaps rock crawling... to me it seems like the $300.00 cost is much more reasonable than the $1500.00 is price tag for a locker...
All Bronco models have the Dana M220 metric rear axle. In a couple years it won't be hard to find a locking axle for less than a grand from a wrecked Bronco or from someone who upgraded axles.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is apples and oranges though. The XL F-series is usually just for work trucks. I can't think of any company ordering a commercial fleet of Broncos for any reason. I'm not saying the base Bronco will be around in its current form forever but just asserting that it's a poor comparison.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cannot wait...
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1626899651573

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is apples and oranges though. The XL F-series is usually just for work trucks. I can't think of any company ordering a commercial fleet of Broncos for any reason. I'm not saying the base Bronco will be around in its current form forever but just asserting that it's a poor comparison.
the base is the entry level, whether you call it a base, an xl, an "s" or whatever. the lowest optioned vehicle is going to be the base model.. the old v6 mustangs used to be called the base model. semantics aside, there is always going to be a base, if thelowest trim level is the eddie bauer, it is the base model.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Border Patrol could order them? Ramchargers and Broncos and Suburbans were a main stay back in the day!!
Sponsored