MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is going to be my first vehicle with cloth interior and steel wheels, couple questions if anyone with more knowledge can help me out.

- I'm stuck between painting my base steelies gloss black (primer, rattle can, clear coat) vs buying alloy wheels. I've been told steel rusts and I know it's heavier than alloy, but I'd save about $1.5k vs buying new wheels (unless I can find a used alloy set). Worth the weight savings and rust worries to upgrade?

- How can I best protect the cloth from stains such as sweat leaving the gym? Scotchgard has been recommended, but I'm still worried about them smelling after a couple years.
The steel wheels are already primed and painted, so all you'll be doing is changing colors. Right now I could get just about any rims and tires from any trim except Sas and BLs for $500-800 (about the same cost as a set of tires alone mounted and balanced). In a year the market will be flooded with take-offs. I live in the rust belt, and the steelies on my 7 year old Nissan are rust free.
Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is going to be my first vehicle with cloth interior and steel wheels, couple questions if anyone with more knowledge can help me out.

- I'm stuck between painting my base steelies gloss black (primer, rattle can, clear coat) vs buying alloy wheels. I've been told steel rusts and I know it's heavier than alloy, but I'd save about $1.5k vs buying new wheels (unless I can find a used alloy set). Worth the weight savings and rust worries to upgrade?

- How can I best protect the cloth from stains such as sweat leaving the gym? Scotchgard has been recommended, but I'm still worried about them smelling after a couple years.
I put on Bartact seat covers. Had them in my Wrangler for 7 years and the seats looked brand new when I sold the Jeep.

Bob

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Random-I have a 7 spd base. The cruise control stays engaged when upshifting. If I have 60 mph selected and am in 4th gear, when I upshift to 5th then 6th the cruise briefly disengages when I put the clutch in then resumes the selected speed when the clutch is released in the higher gear. Nice feature.
Also, I barked the tires hard when I upshifted from first to second at reline in first. Scared my wife as the windows were open.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Random-I have a 7 spd base. The cruise control stays engaged when upshifting. If I have 60 mph selected and am in 4th gear, when I upshift to 5th then 6th the cruise briefly disengages when I put the clutch in then resumes the selected speed when the clutch is released in the higher gear. Nice feature.
Also, I barked the tires hard when I upshifted from first to second at reline in first. Scared my wife as the windows were open.
nice! My GTI did the same thing with cruise control, definitely handy if you drive with cruise on 24/7

Sponsored

TALSILWADI

Base
First Name
Tarik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone know if you can fit black diamond take offs on a base without any modifications? Any reason to not to this?

Murgatroyd

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4-door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone know if you can fit black diamond take offs on a base without any modifications? Any reason to not to this?
I have Big Bend take-offs on my Base. No lift. No problems. I think they're the same size as the stock Black Diamond wheels/tires.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 9.30.12 AM.png

Sponsored

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats awesome, I love the steelies with the silver. Where did you get the vintage decals from?
Thanks! The Bronco script came from Bronco Depot but they were forced to stop selling them because of copyright issues with the mothership. Not sure where to get them now.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
nice! My GTI did the same thing with cruise control, definitely handy if you drive with cruise on 24/7
That's disturbing. every other Ford I have had cruise cuts out if you tap the clutch or brake pedal. I'm used to tapping the clutch to take it out of cruise without blinking your brake lamps.

Bob

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I should clarify. If you upshift normally the revs drop briefly until you release the clutch in the next higher gear. Then revs and speed increase to the pre-set speed. If you hold the clutch to the floor the cruise very quickly disengages completely.
That's disturbing. every other Ford I have had cruise cuts out if you tap the clutch or brake pedal. I'm used to tapping the clutch to take it out of cruise without blinking your brake lamps.

Sapper5

Base
First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer XLT & 2004 Ford Ranger FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

please tell me everything about those trim rings! I feel like this is the first time seeing on base wheels love it!
Where did you get them?
My base 2 door with a few upgrades…

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 9.30.12 AM
Sponsored