Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who is actually putting their money where their mouth is and getting a base model? Count me in! 2-door, base, 7 speed, and sasquatch of course. Going for cactus grey, I am in AZ after all! I will add aux switches if available. Nothing else I really need, I'll go aftermarket!
I am getting the Base model for two reasons:
1. Resale. Once these things get into the market, the extra features generally depreciate more. Getting one of these under $30K means that I can sell it for $17K 4 years later (assuming it devalues like a Jeep). I can handle $13K for 4 years. I cannot handle $50K going down to $25K in 4 years (which would be $25K depreciation).
2. I love the steel wheels. If you are going to really take this thing out and have fun with it, why wouldn't you want wheels that you could beat up and get all scratched? No Sasquatch. Just get the base model as blank canvas and don't be afraid to have fun. A new set of wheels is like shoes. Wear them out and then get new ones. Also gives you room to just do a refresh/upgrade in a couple of years if you want or get summer/winter sets.

Last edited:

The Frisco Kid

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The best look I’ve seen of a “base” interior is the Jimmy Chin 2-door commercial. I’m not even sure that it’s the base interior but it has the 8 inch screen. Even then though it only has glimpses and you can’t actually see much of anything.
Just watched it to see for myself. Looks like it has a digital cluster for the driver and an analog speedometer. The rest looks like standard grey/dark grey ford uses for interiors.

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Scoured through the Jimmy video as well, looks like the leaked interior we saw before - gray metallic dash/smaller touch screen, gray/black plastics and standard black cloth seats. Fine by me

Screenshot_20200714-135845_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200714-135743_YouTube.jpg

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much do we care about the swaybar disconnect feature only available on the Badlands and First Edition? Does it justify the expense over the Base?
For me, no. No longer rock crawl where said disco would shine. On my 1st JP we did manual quick discos made at home. Used them a lot. On second (current) 10 times in almost 10 years now. Not worth it for me.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am getting the Base model for two reasons:
1. Resale. Once these things get into the market, the extra features generally depreciate more. Getting one of these under $30K means that I can sell it for $17K 4 years later (assuming it devalues like a Jeep). I can handle $13K for 4 years. I cannot handle $50K going down to $25K in 4 years (which would be $25K depreciation).
2. I love the steel wheels. If you are going to really take this thing out and have fun with it, why wouldn't you want wheels that you could beat up and get all scratched? No Sasquatch. Just get the base model as blank canvas and don't be afraid to have fun. A new set of wheels is like shoes. Wear them out and then get new ones. Also gives you room to just do a refresh/upgrade in a couple of years if you want or get summer/winter sets.
Unless the Bronco turns out to be an absolute shitbucket, there's no way it loses 50% of it's value in 4 years. It'll depreciate like a Jeep or a Raptor. Agonizingly slowly, especially for people waiting on used ones.

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping for a green, but no deal. The Carbonized gray looks almost green, thoughts?
I too am digging the C-Grey as my second choice. Will need to see all B4 decision though
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread pntpics

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice article about what the base gets you if there were questions. Now I will have to read it in more depth to see what might be different/off. https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/aut...o-gets-you/ar-BB16JtLt?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds
Quite a bit of truth to the comments... Base model + Sasquatch is all you need. I have a feeling there's gonna be a ton of these factory lifted Bronco's sporting 35's right out of the gate. To be honest though, that Big Bend still calling my name also!

Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless the Bronco turns out to be an absolute ****bucket, there's no way it loses 50% of it's value in 4 years. It'll depreciate like a Jeep or a Raptor. Agonizingly slowly, especially for people waiting on used ones.
You make a decent point, though I am looking at it as MY trade in value, not the retail value of a 4 year old one sold by me personally. I figure you have to factor in 10% "transaction costs" when trading in a vehicle. I don't have time or temperament to "Craigslist sell" my car with strangers.

What do you think it will depreciate and do you think it will be proportionate to original cost? I still contend that the lowest priced Broncos will lose less of their value in both absolute and percentage terms. I can afford losing about $12K in about 4 years. I cannot afford $20K+.

Last edited:

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Quite a bit of truth to the comments... Base model + Sasquatch is all you need. I have a feeling there's gonna be a ton of these factory lifted Bronco's sporting 35's right out of the gate. To be honest though, that Big Bend still calling my name also!
If the Sasquatch is reasonably priced, it's going to be responsible for a lot of heartburn at Jeep. That's better than a Rubicon at 10k less.

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It does say the slide out tray is standard...we'll see
That would be amazing but I don't believe it. Compare this pic of the orange 2 dr trunk to the pics with the slide out, I don't see it

Edit: maybe standard on all four door models?

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1594689718206

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 2021-ford-bronco

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 2021-ford-bronco (1)

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 dr base, sasquatch, 1st color choice is velocity blue, second is cactus grey.
is this cactus grey?
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1594761930924

if so, my 1st colo choice is actually cactus grey

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Orange Base in ads is a pre-production model. Maybe Ford saw interest in the color and moved it to a higher trim to drive higher transaction prices. Who knows. It’s not entirely uncommon for a pre-production color or feature to disappear before production begins. It happens. Don’t forget the 2022 models won’t be far behind. So, Ford could easily add it for 2022 and make people happy.
Sponsored