Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the speakers people researching here waterproof/resistant? That’s one of the concerns for me/boxes I’d like to check off when researching them. Don’t know how Firmenteile differs though.
Sponsored

spedfrek

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, I removed all factory speakers from my 2013 Wrangler Unlimited in favor of Polk speakers. Even with the stock head unit and no new amps, the audio quality was an order of magnitude better. Eventually I added a JL audio amp to the sub and replaced the head unit with an Alpine Restyle. That made a huge difference. I ordered my Bronco with the B&O package, hoping I could for once keep a vehicle "stock" for a while but I fear I'm going to want to start fiddling with the sound system when it arrives.
Hope it’s better than the one in the f150. My 21 has the regular b&o and it’s pure trash

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just noticed on Ford accessories site It now list Some Sound Bar options. Kinda pricey if you ask me.
Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build Screenshot 2021-07-09 191328

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Someone needs to produce new speaker pods that replace the small 4” speaker pods mounted on rear rollbar, don’t need a sound bar all the way across, two 6x9 pods in the rear replacing stock would be a Hugh improvemeant or at least 6.5” components

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just noticed on Ford accessories site It now list Some Sound Bar options. Kinda pricey if you ask me.
Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build Screenshot 2021-07-09 191328
I noticed this yesterday - How is a sound bar “non-powered”? Does it just run off the hopes & dreams of future Bronco orders, waiting for build dates?

I also didn’t see where it noted this sound bar was just for the non-B&O sound system - Did this change or did I miss a memo?

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I noticed this yesterday - How is a sound bar “non-powered”? Does it just run off the hopes & dreams of future Bronco orders, waiting for build dates?
I picture it as a large JBL Charge that isn’t portable. It’s already been stated that it connects via Bluetooth, correct?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picture it as a large JBL Charge that isn’t portable. It’s already been stated that it connects via Bluetooth, correct?
I believe you’re right on the Bluetooth piece. And looking at the pictures, it looks like you need to remove the two rear speakers?

I don’t know why they didn’t just make something that could be wired into where those two rear speakers were. Seems like a better solution vs. BT.

spedfrek

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove one today with the base stereo. Freaking terrible. Did not sound great with the top on and will be pathetic with the top off

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A good friend weaponized the sound system in his Wrangler with about 1500 watts and new speakers. He's a mechanical engineer and a serious audiophile, and I've already put him on retainer for when my BD arrives. Also following.
When is your Bronco due to arrive? I am trying to figure out how long I might need to wait for his brilliance..

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hope it’s better than the one in the f150. My 21 has the regular b&o and it’s pure trash
It’s actually worse. And in the Bronco the sound is very front heavy, horrible soundstage.

kencantrell

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry SE V6; Ford F250 crew cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When is your Bronco due to arrive? I am trying to figure out how long I might need to wait for his brilliance..
Unfortunately you’ll need to wait a while. I’m a later reservation so best guess is 1Q ‘22. Plenty of good advice on the forum though.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Throw in some small concealed earbuds, and Forget about it!

JGee

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good luck and please provide updates on what you do and its results. Your background as an audio engineer is great. My plan is to wait about a year to let the aftermarket catch up and refine what their current products. I do not need perfection but want a quality upgrade that allows the open air driving experience to be good and so everyone else can hear our music blaring (why else do we crank up our sound when the top and doors are off)!!
Taking delivery tomorrow! I’ll provide feedback😄

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any ideas how to connect the powered subwoofer, I’m looking at 8” slim powered woofer, mounted on rear of middle of back seat, any idea if stereo has rca outs and control wire?
Sponsored