Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone considering products such as the Kicker Hideaway subs? Do we think they’ll fit under the seats, or is there another obvious location? The wife has already declared I’m not permitted to take up cargo space with a box!
I believe they’ll fit... but I have never listened to one to know if it’s something I’d purchase or not. They are on my bucket list of things to check out though, however, I’d have to find a different place for them since they aren’t waterproof to the best of my knowledge. I’ve 99’d my order for a while so I won’t be doing anything near term... but my first attempt will be adding a DSP to the factory setup. From my experience, the crappy sound from factory setups is more to do with the lack of ability to tune it... high/mid/low just isn’t enough. Plus they are terribly weak systems which you have to turn up to distortion level to get enough sound out of. Just my thoughts
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone considering products such as the Kicker Hideaway subs? Do we think they’ll fit under the seats, or is there another obvious location? The wife has already declared I’m not permitted to take up cargo space with a box!
I ordered a Kicker HS10 10in hideaway and it was delivered yesterday. I plan to mount it to the side of the rear cargo area. It is a tough setup. the entire box is metal, with a decent speaker grill. Super thin...you could probably mount it under the passenger seat assuming there is enough room. will check that location out too but just planning worst case if it does not fit.

Awesome diagrams in this thread. once I can confirm the speaker plug types I want to order open ended plugs for the new speakers and add a distribution block for the kicker tie in at the 6.5.

Mborkow31

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL / Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered a Kicker HS10 10in hideaway and it was delivered yesterday. I plan to mount it to the side of the rear cargo area. It is a tough setup. the entire box is metal, with a decent speaker grill. Super thin...you could probably mount it under the passenger seat assuming there is enough room. will check that location out too but just planning worst case if it does not fit.

Awesome diagrams in this thread. once I can confirm the speaker plug types I want to order open ended plugs for the new speakers and add a distribution block for the kicker tie in at the 6.5.
Anxious to see your end result. Post some pics if you would.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anxious to see your end result. Post some pics if you would.
plan to post a thread on my install. Will be the first thing I do when I get the Bronco home. Already have the replacements for the other factory speakers as well.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

plan to post a thread on my install. Will be the first thing I do when I get the Bronco home. Already have the replacements for the other factory speakers as well.
Interested in seeing it as well. Along with your thoughts on the MTX.

Sponsored

Mborkow31

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL / Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What are you going with for the rest of the speakers? Does a 3-way component system make any sense for the fronts?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Front dash and rear pods are JL Audio C1-400x so two sets.
JL Audio C1 400x

Front kick panels JL Audio C1-650x
JL Audio C1 650x

Kicker HS10 Hideaway sub and amp (10in sub and 150w RMS amp).
Kicker HS10

-----Was VERY tempted and torn between the C1-650x and the C1-650 components.
JL Audio C1 650

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always go with components... spreading out the tweeter helps create the soundstage. Just my personal taste.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you going with for the rest of the speakers? Does a 3-way component system make any sense for the fronts?
I posted my exact setup above, all in probably around $700. I am not planning on adding another amp at this time. Worst case I will get a signal processor and add a 4chan amp if it is lacking badly but I think the factory unit will power the speakers just fine for my needs.

With the wiring diagram looking like the fronts are already setup like a quasi factory component setup. The dash speakers look to be crossed over already and why I was torn with getting the 6.5 components. I like the idea of a solid 6.5 for better performance vs the 2 or 3 way...especially since the dash will act like the other 2 speakers of a 3 way. In the end for me...without another amp the 2 way 6.5 will work just fine for my goals.

I am by no means an expert but should be a far better setup than the base 6 speaker and if it is better than the B&O (my thoughts are it will be) for the cost I am good.

Mborkow31

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL / Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Front dash and rear pods are JL Audio C1-400x so two sets.
JL Audio C1 400x

Front kick panels JL Audio C1-650x
JL Audio C1 650x

Kicker HS10 Hideaway sub and amp (10in sub and 150w RMS amp).
Kicker HS10

-----Was VERY tempted and torn between the C1-650x and the C1-650 components.
JL Audio C1 650
I was eyeing a VERY similar group of equipment but then wondered if a 3-way component system like these Focals would make sense. Midrange in the dash, woofers in the kick panels and mount the tweeters somewhere.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091165AS3/Focal-Performance-165AS3.html

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still a noob when it comes to audio setups, but I love good sound. Been looking around and thought I'd ask if this was a good combo.

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build G60S.JPG

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build GS42.JPG

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still a noob when it comes to audio setups, but I love good sound. Been looking around and thought I'd ask if this was a good combo.

where would you mount the tweeters on the 6.5's? also the description of the speakers are actually more important than the pics ... just saying

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Vinny6G those do look pretty good. I like that everything has a crossover with it , or built into it. Just don’t forget to get a small amp to go with them.

philjmatt

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Started the build last night! Was very easy to access the ACM and the harness that carries the factory amplified speaker wires. They are the 4 twisted pairs in the picture. Will update again with amp and speaker placement!

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build IMG_20210802_193916

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build IMG_20210802_193910

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build IMG_20210802_193913

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build IMG_20210802_193923
Sponsored