Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

where would you mount the tweeters on the 6.5's? also the description of the speakers are actually more important than the pics ... just saying
Totally forgot about the description. As for the tweeters, I was thinking about this but if it was a good companion to the GS42's, I would consider getting them professionally mounted somewhere in the A-pillar or maybe even in the dash. But I'm also thinking maybe start with the 4" front and rear and just see how that sounds and go from there.

GS42 description:
Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build GS42(2).JPG

GS60S description:
Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build G60S(2).JPG
Sponsored

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Vinny6G those do look pretty good. I like that everything has a crossover with it , or built into it. Just don’t forget to get a small amp to go with them.
That was next up on the list. With 6 speakers total, would I need a 6 channel amp or 4-5 with a bridge?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My advice would be to not RUSH it .... its an open air vehicle and dialing everything in would be harder than enclosed vehicles with a solid top .... there are people like @philjmatt who know a lot working on it .... your choice of speakers look great on paper but be patient.
As for the question on the amp, I would say add it if the normal speakers won't serve you right.

philjmatt

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@buzpro is definitely right, don't rush into it! I'm 8 hours into my project so far and have only the first amp and front 4 speakers done!

Took my time planing out wire runs, carefully removing trim panels, good luck finding a replacement right now if you break off the clips. Thankfully everything came apart fairly easily with an interior trim removal tool.

Had to make two adapter rings for the kick panel speakers because of where the mounting locations are for the factory ones. Easy enough to trace the old hole pattern onto some HDPE and cut out with a jigsaw. Used some foam rings to isolate the kick panels too as it's open to the fender behind. Not enough room for the full foam backer though.

Really easy to access the dash speakers, can basically see all the way to the floorboards with them taken out so no problem wiring. Added some "boom mat" speaker baffles behind them to direct the sound upwards and made a nice difference!

Knew from the beginning I wanted to use the Kicker Key 200.4 for the fronts as it's super compact and efficient. Really easy to set up and mounted perfectly on the crash bar under the steering column. Still get full range of motion on the column too!
Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build IMG_20210803_181910

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build IMG_20210803_181934

Meant to take more pictures of the install process but you get in the zone and just get stuff done!

Will update again with the rear speaker and sub setup!

philjmatt

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You’re putting the amp under ther steering wheel?
Yes indeed! That specific amp was the perfect size for that location. The power run from the battery and input signal from the factory harness are nice and short. Its very easy to access by flipping down the trim panel and removing two bolts if you ever need to adjust something. And lastly it makes for short easy wire runs to all 4 of the front speaker locations.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@buzpro is definitely right, don't rush into it! I'm 8 hours into my project so far and have only the first amp and front 4 speakers done!

Took my time planing out wire runs, carefully removing trim panels, good luck finding a replacement right now if you break off the clips. Thankfully everything came apart fairly easily with an interior trim removal tool.

Had to make two adapter rings for the kick panel speakers because of where the mounting locations are for the factory ones. Easy enough to trace the old hole pattern onto some HDPE and cut out with a jigsaw. Used some foam rings to isolate the kick panels too as it's open to the fender behind. Not enough room for the full foam backer though.

Really easy to access the dash speakers, can basically see all the way to the floorboards with them taken out so no problem wiring. Added some "boom mat" speaker baffles behind them to direct the sound upwards and made a nice difference!

Knew from the beginning I wanted to use the Kicker Key 200.4 for the fronts as it's super compact and efficient. Really easy to set up and mounted perfectly on the crash bar under the steering column. Still get full range of motion on the column too!

Meant to take more pictures of the install process but you get in the zone and just get stuff done!

Will update again with the rear speaker and sub setup!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T FORGET PICTURES!

philjmatt

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

is that bracket what you're calling the crash bar?
Yeah Ford calls it the "knee bolster reinforcement panel" but it keeps the steering column from crushing your knees in the event of an accident. Turned out to be a great place to mount the amp!

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soooooo.... What if someone wants to do a simple upgrade? What do I need?

4x 4" speakers and 2x 6" speakers?

2 way speakers?

Do I need to look out for ohms and watts?

Thank you in advance

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 way speakers?

Thank you in advance
I'm interested in this as well. I don't plan to do anything fancy as I'm not a huge audiophile but would like to upgrade the base system speakers with something reasonably priced pretty soon after delivery

Sponsored

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am probably just going to change the 4" speakers in the dash and rear for the wifes bronco initially. Not sure if a kick panel upgrade would be very noticeable.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

2 way speakers?

Thank you in advance
I'm interested in this as well. I don't plan to do anything fancy as I'm not a huge audiophile but would like to upgrade the base system speakers with something reasonably priced pretty soon after delivery
Some real basic information... a 3db increase in efficiency is equal to doubling the output of your amplifier. Also, the speaker impedance will have an effect on your amplifier power output. So, a 2 ohm speaker will allow your amp to put out twice as much power as a 4 ohm speaker. There are some other factors in play, but this is basic audio build info.

With that in mind, if using the factory amp and you aren't going to be adding power, you want to make sure you get a more efficient speaker. So, something with 92db/1watt would have much better output than something with 88db/1watt efficiency. And 3 ohm would be better than 4 ohm to entice a little more from the factory amp.

I need to dig a little deeper, but is it 3.5's in the dash? They don't look like 4" to me, but I just need clarification on those.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2 way speakers?

Thank you in advance
Some real basic information... a 3db increase in efficiency is equal to doubling the output of your amplifier. Also, the speaker impedance will have an effect on your amplifier power output. So, a 2 ohm speaker will allow your amp to put out twice as much power as a 4 ohm speaker. There are some other factors in play, but this is basic audio build info.

With that in mind, if using the factory amp and you aren't going to be adding power, you want to make sure you get a more efficient speaker. So, something with 92db/1watt would have much better output than something with 88db/1watt efficiency. And 3 ohm would be better than 4 ohm to entice a little more from the factory amp.

I need to dig a little deeper, but is it 3.5's in the dash? They don't look like 4" to me, but I just need clarification on those.
its so obvious that you guys not only didn't use the search function, you didn't even read this thread!!!

Last edited:

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its so obvious that you guys not only didn't use the search function, you didn't even read this thread!!!
Obviously!

I tried! But it's all over my head. The simple set up is hidden in a vortex of Audio terminology and diagrams I don't want to get into haha. Guess I'll dig into it......
Sponsored