Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you have some more pictures of the wake speakers installed on the car? zoomed out, from the front/side/back? You jumped all over this project i hope to do with my Bronco if i ever get it !
I'll definitely get some more pics up this weekend! Planning on paining the speakers to better fit in with the black plastic around the Bronco!
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having not actually done any testing yet, I'd guess that the 6.5's aren't able to produce that much more bass anyways... But the 600 would allow more volume from the 4", just not sure that's what is needed to have a decent balance in the system. It feels like it's going to be heavy in mid and high freq output and lacking bass.
That's what I am concerned about too. I guess I am just curious if the 6.5s can handle more bass if the EQ bass is up all the way and the bass blockers are holding back 600hz from the 4 corners. I think that is what I am going to try for $10.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's what I am concerned about too. I guess I am just curious if the 6.5s can handle more bass if the EQ bass is up all the way and the bass blockers are holding back 600hz from the 4 corners. I think that is what I am going to try for $10.
will you put a sub in the back? if not then why put blockers on the back 6.5's?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi there,

Has someone figured out which one is positive and which is negative? I've got some 4" Polk Audio DB+s but can't seem to figure out which one is the correct polarity.

Thanks

1629148135609.png
found this audio file that can help a lot, just by learning how to listen for polarity alignment ....

start at minute 4:28 with this file

Last edited:

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone else planning their audio upgrades yet?

Soon as I get my Bronco, I'm going to pull and measure the speaker mounting dimensions and start planning a build. Maybe someone will get theirs before and can get this info out to the public. One of my concerns is that the 4" speakers in the back just are not big enough to provide enough sound. Especially for the 4 door Broncos. That leaves you to pretty much need bigger housing to fit a bigger speaker. That means giving up some cargo room though and hindering your visibility a bit.

4" speakers should fit in the dash and rear pods and I can get some nice 6.5's for the kick panels.

Currently thinking all Polk Audio for the speakers

DB 402's and 652's for the kick panels.
I know Im thinking of rigging a few Bose speakers up as the one I have is tiny but powerful and sounds amazing, so two would be perfect. .

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is the norm when trying to enhance a factory system... There's a lot of trial and error involved. Mainly because we don't have details on how the factory system is tuned.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is the norm when trying to enhance a factory system... There's a lot of trial and error involved. Mainly because we don't have details on how the factory system is tuned.
I spoke to Crutchfield and they suggested the 600hz. Gonna give it a go this weekend.

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is kind of too afraid to ask territory, but I really want to upgrade when I get mine next year and am wondering how all these builds people are pulling off aren't going to fry the electrical system/infotainment/thing you need for your truck to work? Especially with the amps and the powered subs? I've never done anything with car audio before so if there's a noob's guide to doing this it'd be amazing 👀 I've been following the thread for weeks and still don't quite get it beyond the speaker swaps being safe long as you match/don't exceed the ohm ratings of the stock ones

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build 92E76776-2B3A-45A9-9F78-D98D6BFDD8BE
Added 300hz Crutchfield high pass x-overs to my Infinity 4”. Definitely sounds better and much better matched to the 6” stock speakers in the kick panels. Those are 3.2ohms so the cross over point changes a bit. I don’t think going to 600hz would make them sound any better, but I didn’t have a way to a/b test. BTW, go slow. First time I didn’t break any clips on the covers. This time I broke one on the drivers side 😵💫 I have pulled thousands of panels in my day, I could have been more careful, but they aren’t going to take a lot of tweaking to break.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great news @Mattwings - I will let you know how the 600hz work out. I kinda wish they were adjustable. I am hoping to find a sweet spot. How will I know that 600hz is too much? Zero bass up top?

I did some solo driving today and got to crank it up a bit. Honestly sounded pretty damn good up to around 19-20 volume. Tested with top off and also all 4 windows open.

I feel like they just needed to break in a bit. Is that possible?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great news @Mattwings - I will let you know how the 600hz work out. I kinda wish they were adjustable. I am hoping to find a sweet spot. How will I know that 600hz is too much? Zero bass up top?

I did some solo driving today and got to crank it up a bit. Honestly sounded pretty damn good up to around 19-20 volume. Tested with top off and also all 4 windows open.

I feel like they just needed to break in a bit. Is that possible?
I have stopped listening to music on Sirius, that makes a big difference too. Nope, no beak in on the stereo!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have stopped listening to music on Sirius, that makes a big difference too. Nope, no beak in on the stereo!
Meaning the Infinity’s. Do the speaker materials “settle”?

I lost over a TB of high quality music at one point and I never bounced back from that. Sucks.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meaning the Infinity’s. Do the speaker materials “settle”?

I lost over a TB of high quality music at one point and I never bounced back from that. Sucks.
Not that I am aware of. I worked in high end audio for several years, many years ago, so I could be wrong 😑

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not that I am aware of. I worked in high end audio for several years, many years ago, so I could be wrong 😑
I was a hobbyist speaker builder and I did kind of think that drivers had a bit of a break-in period. Nothing huge, but after a few hours, I always felt they smoothed out a bit... 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored