First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE GTPE, Big Bend, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
if you are setting the soundstage for the front only, can i ask why you want to use a 5-channel amp instead of 4?
Fronts, rears and a sub
Sponsored

jay102269

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
so you want to leave the speaker wiring in the front as is .... what Sub are you thinking of?
I've replaced the fronts with Polks. The rears with the JBL sound bar (a graduation gift) and going to use an existing 10" Bazooka (removable) tube until the after market come up with a better location and option for a concealed location.

This is for my 19 year olds Big Bend. He is no audiophile. Just wants more volume and some bass

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've replaced the fronts with Polks. The rears with the JBL sound bar (a graduation gift) and going to use an existing 10" Bazooka (removable) tube until the after market come up with a better location and option for a concealed location.

This is for my 19 year olds Big Bend. He is no audiophile. Just wants more volume and some bass

Are you open to adopting a 52 year old since you're buying your kids cars and all?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jeez .... at 19 my dad gave me his Manual BMW 2002TI and out of the 4 gear transmission the 3rd gear never worked

Sponsored

jay102269

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeez .... at 19 my dad gave me his Manual BMW 2002TI and out of the 4 gear transmission the 3rd gear never worked
2002TI is a nice ride. My first vehicle was a 87 Nissan truck with no A/C. All kidding aside, he is a good kid. Full time college student, works part time and he doesn't keep his mom up at night worrying about him.

After reading Phil's previous post I read thru the specs of the Soundstream amp and it claims to have the auto turn on feature if using the high level inputs. Hoping it's accurate and I won't need to run an remote turn on wire.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any one have any experience with? Looks to be a good option for a all in one with space saving. If this is garbage i would appreciate the heads up. Thanks.
Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build 1631032245390

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncoboyz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All, I’m new to aftermarket sound systems, and am interested in improving the sound in my high package Badlands, without adding a sub. Is there a way I can improve the bass/clarity just using aftermarket speakers?

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi All, I’m new to aftermarket sound systems, and am interested in improving the sound in my high package Badlands, without adding a sub. Is there a way I can improve the bass/clarity just using aftermarket speakers?
Before you go spending money on after market speakers do this old trick.

The speakers (especially the kick panel speakers) aren't that bad.

Just some generic butyl sound deadening. I would say it doubled the bass response of the OEM units.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 1.32.10 PM.png

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Its crazy that the High package seems to have the same speakers as the base, even with the head unit upgrade. A lot of people are and have planned to swap out the 4 inch speakers in the front and back pods. There has been many reviews on how this helps with the clarity of the output. I have already purchased some cheap kenwood speakers that are just waiting for my bronco to be delivered. But still jump at every post about he audio on this forum and on Youtube.

Good Luck.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any one have any experience with? Looks to be a good option for a all in one with space saving. If this is garbage i would appreciate the heads up. Thanks.
Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 1.32.10 PM
One thing great about Amazon you can return if you don’t like it. I tried that sub and sent it back. I tried many speakers in my q50 till I found some I liked. Ordered all off Amazon.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 1.32.10 PM
Yes I installed that in my cargo area

. At volume 4-15 it sounds good. Just a little bass like the stereo should have came.

When it’s louder it doesn’t seem to push out to much. I’m not a teenager anymore so I don’t need anyone to hear me a block away but it’s a nice subtle bass. I should have went with the 10’’ version but it was given to me for free so it’s fine.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I installed that in my cargo area

. At volume 4-15 it sounds good. Just a little bass like the stereo should have came.

When it’s louder it doesn’t seem to push out to much. I’m not a teenager anymore so I don’t need anyone to hear me a block away but it’s a nice subtle bass. I should have went with the 10’’ version but it was given to me for free so it’s fine.
Free bass is a lot better than no bass.

DirtMountainMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Consensus of the people that have done it is that absolutely, new speakers will be a very noticeable improvement. For $80/pair upgrading the 4" front dash seems like a no brainer. Common mid level choices are Kicker CS, JBL Club, Polk DB, JL C-1 and Infinity REF series. I bought some Polk's simply because they are marine rated and get good reviews.

I might be answering a question with a question but some more experienced people can verify. With only the stock head unit, I read that you should expect more volume and bass from lower impedance speakers like 2.5ohm Infinity Kappas or 3ohm JBL Club. There is a chance of "clipping" at high volume but unverified if it happens on the Bronco.
Sponsored