Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought that the rock rails were standard on the BD.
They are. I'm hoping I can take them off the order and save $600.
Sponsored

TheBronc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought you got front lockers with the sasquatch package. If not, I wonder where I got that crazy idea.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The build and price shows rock rails, but if you click on the optional rock rails it says only standard on BL??????

What about this comparison - same price on both:
BD with Squatch, V6 and automatic
BL without Squatch, 4banger and manual + beadlock capable wheels upgrade

If you don't want the interior packages the BL just gets you lights, sway-bar disconnect - and I think body-mounted rock rails.
Can you do beadlock capable wheels without going squatch? Mine wouldn’t let me

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lower equipped BL costs considerably more than than a squatched 2.7 BD. I just don't see the value in spending more for less.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lower equipped BL costs considerably more than than a squatched 2.7 BD. I just don't see the value in spending more for less.
When you say "lower equipped", what specifically are you referring to? I ask because you can price an equally or better equipped badlands for the same price as a sasquatched 2.7 BD.

You are looking at 48.7k for a 2.7L V6 BD with Sasquatch and mid package (nothing else), and 48.8k for a 2.3L MT BL with High Package. With the BL equally priced that way you also get the sway bar disconnect which you don't get with the BD. In addition to that include the signature head/tail lights and also the extra features on the high package like extra sound deadening materials & high end instrument panel. The sacrifice is the powertrain and 2 inches on lift.

overall I would say that they are very comparable builds for the same price. It all depends on what you want out of the vehicle. High speed runner or slow rock crawler.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I re-peeked yesterday at the BL to see where it would come in compared to BD...for the rear LED's....yeah, about 4 grand! And then of course, I'd have to add the Lux package.....back to BD, can't justify 8k more, while it would be nice.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you say "lower equipped", what specifically are you referring to? I ask because you can price an equally or better equipped badlands for the same price as a sasquatched 2.7 BD.

You are looking at 48.7k for a 2.7L V6 BD with Sasquatch and mid package (nothing else), and 48.8k for a 2.3L MT BL with High Package. With the BL equally priced that way you also get the sway bar disconnect which you don't get with the BD. In addition to that include the signature head/tail lights and also the extra features on the high package like extra sound deadening materials & high end instrument panel. The sacrifice is the powertrain and 2 inches on lift.

overall I would say that they are very comparable builds for the same price. It all depends on what you want out of the vehicle. High speed runner or slow rock crawler.
A stock Badlands with mid, hard top, v6/auto costs nearly $1k more than a Sasquatch equipped Black Diamond with same options. I guess if you have use for sway bar disconnect and don't mind the 4 cylinder then a BL would be the way to go.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I priced the same 2-door BD and BL with no Sasquatch and 2.3 and manual, the difference is about $4k. I would normally say it isn’t worth that too me but here are the things I’ve thought about that are kind of pushing me toward the BL. To each their own though!
  • I don’t like any of the wheel options for the BD and I do like the 33”s and rims. If I stuck with BD and went aftermarket I’m looking at $2,500 for new rims and tires minimum.
  • The sway bar I don’t care about, but front lockers is something I was kind of jonesing for. I’d rather have all the options than regret it.
  • It does allow me to spend $1,400 more to get the mid option with my manual.
  • Don’t forget that the BL has upgraded suspension that the BD doesn’t have
  • The signature lights and black vinyl seats look much better than the BD vinyl seats with the two tone black/gray

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I priced the same 2-door BD and BL with no Sasquatch and 2.3 and manual, the difference is about $4k. I would normally say it isn’t worth that too me but here are the things I’ve thought about that are kind of pushing me toward the BL. To each their own though!
  • I don’t like any of the wheel options for the BD and I do like the 33”s and rims. If I stuck with BD and went aftermarket I’m looking at $2,500 for new rims and tires minimum.
  • The sway bar I don’t care about, but front lockers is something I was kind of jonesing for. I’d rather have all the options than regret it.
  • The signature lights and black vinyl seats look much better than the BD vinyl seats with the two tone black/gray
Same exact setup for me (except I'm not adding any packages). For a few thousand more I decided to go with BL for the 33's, suspension, axles and the fun stuff. I can't wait.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 2.3 Manual is where the BL shines price wise unless you wait for late availability stuff like mansquatch. Getting the beefier axle, front locker, suspension, 33’s and E-Sway disconnect makes it worth it for the $4k or so more than the BD. Once you go auto and squatch is where things start getting blurry lol

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This would line up with Wrangler, where Sport = Big Bend, Sahara = OBX, and Rubicon = Badlands. And the rest are one-off special editions like the Willy's or the 80th Anniversary.
Dayum! Look at the big brain on Broncoskip. I would have to agree on your post there.

First Name
Neo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra Supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After playing with B&P many many times, I have come to one conclusion: I really want the MGV seats. So...

I built a BD with 2.7 auto, squatched, mid package and tow package.

Then I built a Badlands, 2.3 manual, mid package, tow package, and it came in at a very similar price. Oh yeah, it’s got the MIC roof, ROOF rails, door bags as well as signature lights, a grill I prefer, and the high level dash display.

God Bless America I think I’m headed to SOUTH DAKOTA!
I line in South Dakota, I have to get the BL!! Agree on MGV.. looks amazing.

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get greedy when pricing out all the options on the B&P. I want it all. One good thing about the BD is, it stops me at the Mid package. Plus going with the 2.7 and currently thinking I'll get squatchy. BD keeps me just within my budgets while loading it out. But it should be a nice ride which ever model you go with. I can't wait to see these Bronco's on the streets and the trails.
Sponsored