Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I prefer the KR/4X4 LED mount. Under the hood out of the way. Close to power source. No OEM changes. Easy install. Both wires and filters are always accessible. I've had mine for almost 2 years with no problems. Works great.
Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the 4x4 Truck LED ARB Mount. It's easy to install and is Very study.

Oh, and I access the Shock Nut that needs to be loosened from the Passenger Side Front Wheel well. It's right there! You don't need an extension to go down through the side of the Engine.

Pictured below is all the wiring that is needed for a Very clean install. I like the Switch mounted close to the Compressor as well. This way you do not have to use an AUX switch inside.

The Purple and Black wires with Plug are from the ARB Harness that comes with the Compressor. You only need about maybe 1 1/2 - 2 feet of it. I added an additional Red wire to the Main Power Harness that goes to the Fuse box via Fuse Tap. Cut to length and terminate and these 3 wires plug into the switch.

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount IMG_0823

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount IMG_0824

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the 4x4 Truck LED ARB Mount. It's easy to install and is Very study.

Oh, and I access the Shock Nut that needs to be loosened from the Passenger Side Front Wheel well. It's right there! You don't need an extension to go down through the side of the Engine.

Pictured below is all the wiring that is needed for a Very clean install. I like the Switch mounted close to the Compressor as well. This way you do not have to use an AUX switch inside.

The Purple and Black wires with Plug are from the ARB Harness that comes with the Compressor. You only need about maybe 1 1/2 - 2 feet of it. I added an additional Red wire to the Main Power Harness that goes to the Fuse box via Fuse Tap. Cut to length and terminate and these 3 wires plug into the switch.

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount IMG_0523

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount IMG_0523
We have a new harness/pigtail for the switches. No need to run a power line for the switch anymore. Plugs into the back of the switch and into the compressor. That's it, nice and easy. It's something we started including about 1-2 weeks ago

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount 1691935782844

Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a new harness/pigtail for the switches. No need to run a power line for the switch anymore. Plugs into the back of the switch and into the compressor. That's it, nice and easy. It's something we started including about 1-2 weeks ago

1691935782844.png

Sweet! Even more simplified.

Needed this a year ago!

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the dual compressor kit from 4x4TruckLeds.com to mount in the engine bay. I read lots of threads, talked with multiple folks at events and decided on this for a few of reasons.

I'm new to car mods and installs - so something I could do and be comfortable doing was important. Running heavy gauge wire to another area of the vehicle if not mounted in the engine bay was not really an option.

The horizontal mounting bracket options (there are a few on the market) were appealing to me so that I didn't have to relocate the PCM module. The compressor vibrates a lot when operating - perhaps not much more than extreme roads without moving it anyway - but I was compelled enough to not introduce that risk and keep the PCM mounted just as it came from Ford and not add the vibrations of being on the same plate as the compressor.

When I compared installation options for the various horizontal engine bay brackets, I went with the KR mount because of where the support arm mounts. It is a contact point that is easily accessible - both for the original install, as well as any maintenance or visual check.

And I'm 5' tall - so in addition to the KR kit, I also added the KR bracket and relocation fittings to move the switch and air coupler to the very side of the engine bay. I have hood struts as well - which makes it easy and convenient along with this access location for me to air up.

I'll add that I also have the uplifter switches, but I opted to wire the compressor independent of them. I didn't want/need to be going into the vehicle to turn off/on the compressor. Anything I'm doing with the compressor will already have me in the engine bay to access the coupler - so it made sense to me to not give-up an uplifter switch or not have the switch near the compressor coupler.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As far as accessories go, what are most using for hoses, I like the Staun brass fittings idea for air down. If they're accurate, looks like could be done pretty quick. As far as airing up if you got the time, one hose okay. If you want to get on the road quicker a four- banger set up would be nice. But which one of those works the best and takes up the least amount of space?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As far as accessories go, what are most using for hoses, I like the Staun brass fittings idea for air down. If they're accurate, looks like could be done pretty quick. As far as airing up if you got the time, one hose okay. If you want to get on the road quicker a four- banger set up would be nice. But which one of those works the best and takes up the least amount of space?
Staun makes the best tire deflators. I've had my same set 17-18 years now

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/staun/

As for hoses... the ARB Pump up Kit is popular, as you get the hose and some fittings in it (which go great when buying the compressor kit from us): https://www.4x4truckleds.com/arb-pump-up-kit-v2-for-arb-compressors/

The new Pump up Kit (v2) has a reinforced hose.

For a multi-tire inflation kit, the MORRFlate kits are awesome (the Quad, 125", fits the Broncos nicely): https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morrflate-quad-4-tires-up-to-125-wheelbase-1/

Doubleajaybrock

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will these mounts work with the Everglades snorkel?

Our patent pending KR Off-Road Mount is the easiest mount to use. We were the first to come out with an air compressor mount for the Broncos and put it under the engine bay. This leaves it out of the way and when you are airing back up, you don't bother passengers inside. We actually make our mount from stainless steel (everybody else uses cheaper steel) and powder coat it black. So it'll last the life of your truck. It's also made right here on Long Island (New York) so in the good ole USA!

It uses factory bolt points so you don't have to relocate anything and as I said, it installs easily. It'll support an ARB Single or Twin Compressor.

ARB Air Compressors are built to withstand a lot of abuse. They were designed in Australia where ARB is from, and those guys KNOW wheeling better then anybody, especially with their terrain. So these things work great in the engine bay. We also keep the air compressor at the very top so it doesn't get as hot as say the Jeep JK mounts (which mount them near the manifold which gets VERY hot, but still works).

We offer a complete kit and if you use coupon code BRONCO6G you'll save 10% on the entire kit.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-air-compressor-engine-bay-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Check out the installation video here. Pretty easy to install. Justin used a different switch panel since he didn't realize we make a switch panel (and he doesn't have upfitters). But if you have the upfitters you don't need to worry about the switch. And if you don't have upfitters, we make a VERY easy to install switch kit (plugs right into the air compressor):

Will these mounts work with the Everglades snorkel?

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I have the MORRFlate TenSix, is it possible to mount that in the engine bay?

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Wow! This is awesome! Why have I never heard of this one? I wish you guys were coming to the Bronco Stampede in the Smokies this Friday, Saturday. Aware of any issues with aftermarket exhausts? I would love to put my head under the bronco and check but it's at the dealership getting ready for the show and shine at the show this weekend. I want this and am super happy to see that it's made from steel!

Jermd21

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F250 4x4; 2013 Expy 4x4; 1984 F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Is anyone working on an under the hood mount for the Bronco Raptor? I like the spare tire mount if there’s no other option but would prefer to install a compressor under the hood. Thanks.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Is anyone working on an under the hood mount for the Bronco Raptor? I like the spare tire mount if there’s no other option but would prefer to install a compressor under the hood. Thanks.
As far as I know, no one is. In cabin or behind spare are the only options.
Sponsored