First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems like Utah would be hard to beat to LIVE and Off-Road. Idaho would also be on the top of my list.

If California was run like Florida I'd live there in a second.
Idaho used to be great but it is filling up fast.
Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There’s nothing wrong with living in California. I’ve lived here my whole life.
it’s just more expensive because y’all don’t like the weather where you live. HAHA.
i really don’t think I could live anywhere else.
I've lived in LA all my life as well and this is where I call home. I've travelled to every major city in the US dozens of times each, and I always feel good coming home. The weather can't be beat, the culture is as diverse or more than any other, and the proximity to beaches, mountains, deserts, lakes, ski resorts, and theme parks is unbeatable.

That being said, the quality of life here has definitely degraded since 2016, crime has gotten out of control since the start of the pandemic, and the homeless situation has exploded into an epidemic by itself.

I live with hope, looking to brighter days, but I feel those are behind us now.
Perhaps, that's why I love my Bronco so much. It has enabled me to no longer be a city dweller, and spend my free time in the lands around Los Angeles, taking me places where I never knew existed, to do things I never would've thought possible, and it only took me 40+ years to figure that out.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's frustrating and I get it, because eastern WA and north ID has been through the left coast invasion too.

I promise, if/when I move to TN, I'm going to embrace the local culture. I told my wife we're going to tell people we came from ID so we get less stink eye. Only a tiny fib since I have lived in ID twice.
The U. S. is the only country with two left coasts.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've lived in LA all my life as well and this is where I call home. I've travelled to every major city in the US dozens of times each, and I always feel good coming home. The weather can't be beat, the culture is as diverse or more than any other, and the proximity to beaches, mountains, deserts, lakes, ski resorts, and theme parks is unbeatable.

That being said, the quality of life here has definitely degraded since 2016, crime has gotten out of control since the start of the pandemic, and the homeless situation has exploded into an epidemic by itself.

I live with hope, looking to brighter days, but I feel those are behind us now.
Perhaps, that's why I love my Bronco so much. It has enabled me to no longer be a city dweller, and spend my free time in the lands around Los Angeles, taking me places where I never knew existed, to do things I never would've thought possible, and it only took me 40+ years to figure that out.
I’m old enough to remember the smog,gangs, homeless of the 80s and 90s and it’s way better now

Sponsored

OzarkRebel

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado Z71, 06 Xterra, 1990 Nissan D21 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I might be biased because I was born and raised here, but crawling through old logging trails in the Ozarks of Arkansas is a real treat. Go in the spring for mud. Summer if you want to be social and hang out with all of the side by side folks. Fall for the amazing beauty and color. Winter for some alone time and good hunting on public land. There isn’t a bad time to go. Nothing beats taking old trails that link the numerous Point Remove Creek reservoirs (These were constructed by the Corp of Engineers and used to control local flooding and the Arkansas River levels). You can easily get lost in the labyrinth of old trails and dirt roads and it’s an amazing experience. Nothing beats finding an old homestead or an abandoned cemetery from the early 1900s. The numerous waterfalls that also can be found are a real treat to experience, and there are some excellent swimming holes too. Definitely something that not many people on here may have been to, and it’s not one of the “big” off-roading hotspots, but it’s home to me and I love it. I would highly recommend if you are ever passing through!
Arkansas is also my home and I love it here. If you are anywhere north and west of hwys I30/us67 that draw a diagonal line from Texarkana to Jonesboro, you are never very far from a great place to get off of paved roads. That's basically half of the state. There are some advantages to being less developed than other states. Lots of back roads, logging trails, state parks, and National Forests comprising of awesome rivers, lakes, streams, waterfalls, mountains, hiking/biking trails, hunting, fishing and camping. My absolute favorite place in the world is Buffalo National River and the surrounding area. If you are unfamiliar with it, I recommend a quick web search.

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NB: Adding the quote made this post too long, so in response to FLSTFI Dave:

I'll take a property tax increase as long as the ratio of increase is less than the ratio of increase in home value. My increase sure is (and so was yours using 900k to 2.5million ratio versus 2130/3750 ratio).

And they can look down on me all they want... they're the dingleberries paying $2,550,000 for the 2,600 sq. ft. home across from my 2,500 sq ft. home built the same year (2011) that I paid (rounded) $400,000 and the only "renovations" the folks who moved out did were change some light fixtures and slap on some paint on the walls. They can look down all they want. I'm the one laughing at them.

Anyhow, back to offroading... for the OP:

For the OP, there are also some folks that host events all across Tennessee (mostly out East in the Appalachians), sometimes coupled with interesting courses for beginners, separate classes for those moderately knowledgeable, and even some for more advanced offroaders / overlanders. The classes are also reasonably priced and not some absurd high 100s or even low 1000s number. I'm sure you can find classes many places though. I've just never looked. I'm also assuming you're into class / extended learning kind of stuff. I'm old, so I find it interesting to learn about the new-fangled doodads and techniques.

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Arkansas is also my home and I love it here. If you are anywhere north and west of hwys I30/us67 that draw a diagonal line from Texarkana to Jonesboro, you are never very far from a great place to get off of paved roads. That's basically half of the state. There are some advantages to being less developed than other states. Lots of back roads, logging trails, state parks, and National Forests comprising of awesome rivers, lakes, streams, waterfalls, mountains, hiking/biking trails, hunting, fishing and camping. My absolute favorite place in the world is Buffalo National River and the surrounding area. If you are unfamiliar with it, I recommend a quick web search.
+1 for the Buffalo River Area. Awesome place to experience!

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m old enough to remember the smog,gangs, homeless of the 80s and 90s and it’s way better now
This is something people don't understand. Crime has ticked up slightly around the country but if you go back to the late 80s and early 90s, crime levels weren't slightly worse, they were significantly worse.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No11 AZ sucks! go to UT 😉
I also love exploring Utah as well - spent a week near Zion / Bryce this summer poking around. Problem is, where would I spend all my money in the summer without the insane power bills?

Sponsored

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Adding another vote to California.

I won't get political and talk about the socio-economic and cultural reasons I love living here, but the off road options are bar-none. I have access to so many options. I live in Southern California, and you could literally use all GOAT modes available in the Bronco in one day if you try hard enough. We got dunes in Pismo Beach, plenty of dessert to go running in, lots of beautiful national parks and campgrounds, and if the time of the year is right, can go see "the snow" as we like to call it. In the same day I can go some place where I can enjoy the weather, take off my hard top, and remove the doors, and then put them back on and use the heated steering wheel and seats.

Again, people have their political views about California, but the natural beauty and diversity in natural biomes and environments is amazing. It truly is the golden state.

Swagger

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

😂 Although I get the joke, strip out economics, biases, or social and political aspects. Everybody bust NJ balls, but we like it. .😂

We’re looking for a change. Might have well pick a place where we can roll right out the driveway onto the trails or dunes.
Right on.
I moved from NJ to AZ years ago and love it. So glad AZ is turning blue now. Here's my back yard...

PiratesReef.jpg

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Tennessee folks.... What's the deal with a high violent crime rates? Never when I was comparing states, I never thought to compare violent crimes and when I did, Tennessee pretty high.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I lived in AZ for 14 years, CO for 32, and I've now been in NM for the last year since retiring, and I love it! Picked up my 2022 BD yesterday in ABQ (traded in my 2021 Trail Boss and put $1400 on a credit card and was out the door), and can't wait to hit the trails!
Congrats! Hope you enjoy those trails, Wasichu!