Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started with multiple builds over 50k, now i’m trying to convince my wife that our 3rd vehicle(sold mustang gt) should be a 2dr basemansquatch and would be 9k cheaper than 4dr BB mansquatch.
Welcome to the BaseSquatch club .... the undisputed value leader. I dropped the manual because of the additional wait time...I'm nursing the butthurt with the 2.7L however. LOL
Only thing I'll miss is heated seats, which will cost $300 aftermarket. Several friends and a cousin have done it and have been very pleased with the results.
Sponsored

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wow just seen that heat option with sandstone. this may persuade me to big bend sas now

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa! How did I miss this with how many times I've built a BB. All I wanted from the mid was heated seats and now, I guess this is the workaround! Hoping this isn't a glitch/ misprint. I didnt like the sandstone from the BN walkthrough video but I'll put up with it for heated seats. Thanks for noting that!
Keep in mind, aftermarket heat panels can be purchased for $300-ish and are easily installed under the seat material. I've had two friends and one cousin do this and they all have been quite pleased.
This is why I'm avoiding the $5k penalty to get above BaseSquatch. Adding a hitch is easy also, as is the harness and it will be cheaper than the factory option also.

Pepperenavich

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am curious to know if anyone has changed their minds in builds since B&P has been updated.

I've been playing with the BB and WT on the updated B&P and it looks like I can build a BB for a little over 1K cheaper than the standard WT and to me it appears to be pretty much the exact same build.

Big Bend
- Sasquatch
- MIC Hard Top
- Aux Switches
- 2.7 Liter with 10 Speed Auto
- Mid Package
= $49,040

WildTrak
- Standard Equipment = Sasquatch, MIC Hard Top, Aux Switches, 2.7 Liter with 10 Speed Auto, Mid Package
= $50,970

Am I missing something here? Also not really a fan of the camo seats on the WT. Additionally, MGV & leather is out because my wife doesn't want her pretty little legs sticking to the seats in 100 degree Texas summers.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am curious to know if anyone has changed their minds in builds since B&P has been updated.

I've been playing with the BB and WT on the updated B&P and it looks like I can build a BB for a little over 1K cheaper than the standard WT and to me it appears to be pretty much the exact same build.

Big Bend
- Sasquatch
- MIC Hard Top
- Aux Switches
- 2.7 Liter with 10 Speed Auto
- Mid Package
= $49,040

WildTrak
- Standard Equipment = Sasquatch, MIC Hard Top, Aux Switches, 2.7 Liter with 10 Speed Auto, Mid Package
= $50,970

Am I missing something here? Also not really a fan of the camo seats on the WT. Additionally, MGV & leather is out because my wife doesn't want her pretty little legs sticking to the seats in 100 degree Texas summers.
Ya, some math there, $2000

Big Bend is the only "deal" since the price change. You can add all the bash plates and bumpers from peoples take offs and be up to the BD minus the interior for next to nothing. If you don't go BB you might as well do WT or BL. Sasquatch BD and OBX are worthless, Ford doesn't want you making them and if you do, it hurts.

Pepperenavich

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for that, never been good at eyeball math

lonediver2002

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I planned on getting a Big Bend w/a manual trans. Then during the B & P, I find out that I can't get the mid package with a manual trans. A little disappointed with that and now I am having to rethink what I want.
that is what I think too, why cant we have it in manual with the mid package.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So since I joined this group, I’ve seen some people really looking forward to building a Big Bend, and on the other hands others disregarding it as an unnecessary trim due to the big step up in price from Base to Big Bend without any particular feature making it special.
However, now that B&P is out, I’m starting to like the Big Bend for a “DD but capable AF” rig that can end up being a couple of grand cheaper.
Here’s why (a few personal preference parts):
-unique grill color goes well with the grey MIC in certain colors (remember the concept cactus Grey with big bend grill?)
-Rims are different from others and personally they look nice and utilitarian
-For DD, can have with Mid (good tech)
-Can add rear locker (for capability)
-Cad add signature lights (something I wish BD had)
- can add other features such as Heavy modular bumper and bash guard, aux switches, floor liners
With all that being said, I have been going back and forth between BD and BL, but I decided to build a BB and it came out to about $43K non-Sasquatch and $48K sasquatched, which is still about $2 more affordable than my BD and BL similar builds. Obviously the big compromise is the cloth seats, but other than that, looks good to me.
Would love your opinions and feedback. Like I said, a lot of personal preference, but I’m a Texas boy, and Big Bend means a little more than just the badge ?
Big Bend bring back any memories of Texas prison? Of course I'm kidding, Tex.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I could get automatic 4WD without Sasquatch I’d consider it, but since I cannot it’s not on my list. If that’s not an issue for you I’d certainly consider it.

sasbend2

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Fox body, 2014 Mustang GT, 2006 F150 SC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Big Bend has been my build from day one.
Sponsored