Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In just glad i got to see my peasant level dampers made an appearance in this thread.
Ford Bronco Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences Standard Shocks
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Scumby

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you to @618TRVLWILD Ashley for getting photos at a demo yesterday and to @Pittguy for photos from an event he attended.
šŸ“ø: STL Ball Park Village Event: (2) Badlands 4-Door Broncos in Race Red & Rapid Red

Taking the Bilstein part numbers from the photos here is what I found so far:
F4-BE5-M970-W6
MB3C-18080-ARJ

The Bilstein "F4-BE5" part number denotes the Bilstein 5100, non-reservoir, family of shocks. However since this is a Badlands, which include units with an external reservoir we have to assume Bilstein is playing with the part numbers for Ford or these are Pre-Production units that do not have the final part numbers assigned. The second and third set of part numbers did not reveal any information in a Google search.

The "HOSS System with Bilsteinā„¢ Position Sensitive Dampers" appear to be a derivative of the Bilstein "B8 8112" family which are called the ZoneControlĀ® CR family. These dampers-shocks are that are available on the BL, WT, FE or Sasquatch package.
BILSTEIN B8 8112 (ZoneControlĀ® CR) Damping perfected

The standard "HOSS (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) System" are on the B, BB, BD and OB. Currently these have been seen as black colored shocks so what Bilstien series these are is still unknown.

REQUEST: For anyone that is able to see the Bronco's in person, please see if you can get photos of the dampers-shocks with the part number sticker and then post them with the model they came from.

"HOSS System with Bilsteinā„¢ Position Sensitive Dampers"
Ford Bronco Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences Standard Shocks

Standard "HOSS (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) System" are on the B, BB, BD and OB.
View attachment 108226

HOSS System with Bilsteinā„¢ Dampers - Shocks by Trim level

For further analysis please see the great thread by @Werkedperformance here:
BILSTEIN ESCV Bronco suspension / shocks explained - "End Stop Control Valve" Dampers (Bronco HOSS Suspension w/ Position Sensitive Dampers)
the second # is the ford parts number

Scumby

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

not sure if this will work. bilstein factory tour on YouTube, bronco shocks at 8.26

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yep, sorry for the misrepresentation... I was already scolded šŸ„ŗ

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really want to read every post here but itā€™s been a long day.

Can someone summarize what was discovered from the analysis of the part numbers so far? Is there a specific trim that clearly has the superior components? Does Sasquatch automatically equip the Bronco with the best stuff? Or does Badlands have an advantage regardless?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really want to read every post here but itā€™s been a long day.

Can someone summarize what was discovered from the analysis of the part numbers so far? Is there a specific trim that clearly has the superior components? Does Sasquatch automatically equip the Bronco with the best stuff? Or does Badlands have an advantage regardless?
Based on what youā€™re asking we know that thereā€™s two coil over setups.

Base-OB
BL and anything Squatched (including WT and FE)

The latter gets the position sensitive dampers with the external reservoirs. Weā€™re not sure whether BL and Sas get specifically different part numbers, but the general model/series of shocks appear to be the same between BL and Sas.

If you want the ā€œbestā€ oem suspension, go BL or Squatch.

Last edited:

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Based on what youā€™re asking we know that thereā€™s two coil over setups.

Base-OB
BL and anything Squatched (including WT and FE)

The latter gets the position sensitive dampers with the external reservoirs. Weā€™re not sure whether BL and Sas get specifically different part numbers, but the model of shocks appear to be the same between the two.

If you want the ā€œbestā€ oem suspension, go BL or Squatch.
Perfect and very helpful summary. Thank you!

Edit: I just realized you wrote ā€œcoiloverā€... does that mean that there are collars for height-adjustability? I apologize in advance if this a dumb question.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit: I just realized you wrote ā€œcoiloverā€... does that mean that there are collars for height-adjustability? I apologize in advance if this a dumb question.
Not all coil overs are adjustable. Factory parts will typically be fixed.

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not all coil overs are adjustable. Factory parts will typically be fixed.
Got it. I really appreciate how much Iā€™ve learned in the span of ten minutes. Iā€™m going to go pass out now. Just needed my daily dose of B6G before bed.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@swooshdave answered but I wanted to point out that part of the discussion in this thread is that some Bilsteins have snap ring adjustable collars where the spring sits, and one theory is if these are in the Bronco, this might allow for adjustability in Bronco height.

(that maybe this is where any difference on BL and Sas suspension height is coming from, and since itā€™s so simple and easy thatā€™s why Ford has been tight lipped about it)

My gut tells me however if this was the case in production models they would actually be advertising it rather than keeping it secret. If they thought knowledge of this functionality would hurt Sas sales, youā€™d assume theyā€™d be paying up differences in height, rather than keeping quiet about that as well

huck2080

Black Diamond
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
has anyone seen how they attach to the control arm ? they look similar to 6112 bilsteins for the F150 and those have an adjustable spring seat

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences 9D94CF0B-3709-46DC-A667-06380B7048AE

crossbar mount like this is my guess... since itā€™s a thru hole style shock, mounted to an aluminum A-arm.
Sponsored