Sponsored

Bilstien 6100 shocks install... guess how many hours it took the dealer to install?

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be setting up camp in the Service Managers or General Managers office.

That's 100% bullshit, and I wouldn't pay it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
wkaotp

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: I wrote a message to the service manager and he reviewed the situation. He agreed that the 13 hour I was billed was very high. He adjusted the billed time down to what Ford has set up for expected billable time and provided a refund for the difference. They made it right. I was very cordial in my message and just laid out the facts and asked if the next person that goes in to have the same service done what would they be paying?

Sponsored

DDraht

Outer Banks
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update: I wrote a message to the service manager and he reviewed the situation. He agreed that the 13 hour I was billed was very high. He adjusted the billed time down to what Ford has set up for expected billable time and provided a refund for the difference. They made it right. I was very cordial in my message and just laid out the facts and asked if the next person that goes in to have the same service done what would they be paying?
Just curious what was the book labor hrs for this from Ford?

OP
OP
wkaotp

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
😂😂😂😂

open a 4wd shop
Charge what you think is fair

make $$$
Just curious what was the book labor hrs for this from Ford?
Book Hours ended up being 7.6 hours. This is the because they re-used the springs from the original suspension. So they billed the uninstall time of the springs too. Not ideal but it is part of the process. Its not just bolting new parts on, which is what the original verbal quote was for.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Book Hours ended up being 7.6 hours. This is the because they re-used the springs from the original suspension. So they billed the uninstall time of the springs too. Not ideal but it is part of the process. Its not just bolting new parts on, which is what the original verbal quote was for.

Honestly though, it took me about 10 minutes per coilover to remove and install the springs on my previous setup, so I could see a shop adding a total of 1 hour for that labor. They should have a wall mounted Branick (or similar) spring compressor that is very quick to setup and use.

OP
OP
wkaotp

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly though, it took me about 10 minutes per coilover to remove and install the springs on my previous setup, so I could see a shop adding a total of 1 hour for that labor. They should have a wall mounted Branick (or similar) spring compressor that is very quick to setup and use.
AT this point I learned my lesson, dont expect a dealer's service department to treat you like a customer that just spent $60K at their dealership, Get shit in writing, and expect to be paying for every aspect of the job.

OP
OP
wkaotp

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AT this point I learned my lesson, dont expect a dealer's service department to treat you like a customer that just spent $60K at their dealership, Get shit in writing, and expect to be paying for every aspect of the job.
Also dont pay dealer service department unless you absolutely have to.

Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly they’re amazing. The ride quality is insanely better than the stock badlands parts. It really changes up the whole bronco.
Can you elaborate? How is the ride different? Softer, firmer, more planted, more settled, etc?

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also dont pay dealer service department unless you absolutely have to.
This. A local mechanic shop or 4x4 shop would do the same job for much cheaper and you’d likely get much better service.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
My son and I did my 5100's in 7 hours @ $0/hr, but we're cheap, easy and stupid. I did provide a couple beers and bought him dinner.
20230112_142617.jpg
Tell me how are those 5100s I have a base bronco on 33's and looking for a slight lift with a level. Not interested in spacers ha.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tell me how are those 5100s I have a base bronco on 33's and looking for a slight lift with a level. Not interested in spacers ha.
I was just thinking of how I'd describe them, this: I thought the stock Hitachis were firm and planted with significant brake dive, the Bilstein 5100's are firmer more planted with much less brake dive. They have digressive valving which is supposed to not dampen bumps as well, but I don't notice that. On road ride and cornering is great , mild off road great and I haven't had them in real rough stuff yet.

I really like the flexibility in the lift. I have mine set at 1.5 (position 2) in the front and 1.75 (position 3) in the rear. My Bronco has always sat level without much rake. I wanted to get sprung components (gas tank etc. up outta the rocks a bit) I have 32's and it doesn't look out of proportion, you'd be good at this or maybe one notch higher with 33s adjusted front to rear to get the rake or not that you want.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was just thinking of how I'd describe them, this: I thought the stock Hitachis were firm and planted with significant brake dive, the Bilstein 5100's are firmer more planted with much less brake dive. They have digressive valving which is supposed to not dampen bumps as well, but I don't notice that. On road ride and cornering is great , mild off road great and I haven't had them in real rough stuff yet.

I really like the flexibility in the lift. I have mine set at 1.5 (position 2) in the front and 1.75 (position 3) in the rear. My Bronco has always sat level without much rake. I wanted to get sprung components (gas tank etc. up outta the rocks a bit) I have 32's and it doesn't look out of proportion, you'd be good at this or maybe one notch higher with 33s adjusted front to rear to get the rake or not that you want.
That’s interesting can I see a side profile of your bronco with the 5100s?
Sponsored