Sponsored

How hard is it to install a leveling kit?

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m mechanically inclined and have tools and a yard.
Been thinking of leveling the front, kits don’t seem to be big $$. But how’s the install? Hours? Lot of part removal?

which kit is best?
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the 4WP leveling kit and have been wondering the same, but I also am not sure if I should use it or get some Sas takeoffs or even try to get some coil overs. Watching this to see what the more knowledgeable people say, sorry if this post was a waste of your time, I’m sure someone will ask if your Bronco is Sas or a non Sas badlands?

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same exact Bronco as you.. I have read and watched several videos on it, seems it can be done without any issues or any special tools.. I’m mechanically inclined and think I’m going to give it a try… Hopefully someone who has already done it can give us some more advice… z

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t done the install yet, but there are a bunch of threads on hear about different ways to complete the install. There is no shortcut way to do the install without removing either the spindle or lower control arm to get the strut out. I haven’t seen anyone yet fit a spring compressor on the strut to hold it compressed and slip the spacers in top and bottom, it would be awesome if that method could be used. Install on SAS struts or coil overs will be the same process of getting the strut out to install the new one. You will certainly need an alignment afterwards.

Click on these similar threads below. That first link is pretty comprehensive.

Ford Bronco How hard is it to install a leveling kit? 1A7A62E0-E58B-4CEB-BCDF-E5AD5ABAE465

Sponsored

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm trying to decide if I want to just install the top spacer and leave the bottom alone to start with. If that gives me 3/4" of level vs the 1" it will hopefully be close enough to level because it would be a pain to have to go back later to add the lower spacer. Pressing the lower studs out of the shock could be a pain if you don't have a press and don't want to beat them with a big hammer.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did mine in my garage. Zone 3”. Not terribly difficult. Took me two days because I also wired and changed out both bumpers, added a winch and added the JKS MaxTire Kit while everything was apart. Of course, you will need a spring compressor if your doing more than just adding the top spacer. You should look up the zone lift instructions online. That will give you a good idea of the work involved.
EDIT: here’s the link to the lift install. https://res.cloudinary.com/stusa/im...d94c1ba1fbb8b6c2c8de424d79956_F1303_F1304.pdf
9FB2ADD9-56D1-40A3-A05F-9F4BCB921A03.jpeg

68391A3E-7583-4DF7-9039-CE3474628BA4.jpeg

Last edited:

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did a 2" Zone kit for my brother in law. With the 2 of us, took probably 2-3 hours, but that's because you learn as you go. Do 1 corner, opposite corner goes quicker because you know what works.

It's not a bad job, but I'd suggest have 2 people doing it.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did mine in my garage. Zone 3”. Not terribly difficult. Took me two days because I also wired and changed out both bumpers, added a winch and added the JKS MaxTire Kit while everything was apart. Of course, you will need a spring compressor if your doing more than just adding the top spacer. You should look up the zone lift instructions online. That will give you a good idea of the work involved.
EDIT: here’s the link to the lift install. https://res.cloudinary.com/stusa/im...d94c1ba1fbb8b6c2c8de424d79956_F1303_F1304.pdf
Ford Bronco How hard is it to install a leveling kit? 68391A3E-7583-4DF7-9039-CE3474628BA4

Ford Bronco How hard is it to install a leveling kit? 68391A3E-7583-4DF7-9039-CE3474628BA4
Sorry to get off topic!!! But where did you get your front bumper and what kind is it… Very nice… So it looks like I will ask my friend to give me a hand to the the level kit then..

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to get off topic!!! But where did you get your front bumper and what kind is it… Very nice… So it looks like I will ask my friend to give me a hand to the the level kit then..
I did the lift completely by myself (the bumpers too). I have the MaxLider front and rear bumpers.

Sponsored

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven’t done the install yet, but there are a bunch of threads on hear about different ways to complete the install. There is no shortcut way to do the install without removing either the spindle or lower control arm to get the strut out. I haven’t seen anyone yet fit a spring compressor on the strut to hold it compressed and slip the spacers in top and bottom, it would be awesome if that method could be used. Install on SAS struts or coil overs will be the same process of getting the strut out to install the new one. You will certainly need an alignment afterwards.

Click on these similar threads below. That first link is pretty comprehensive.

1A7A62E0-E58B-4CEB-BCDF-E5AD5ABAE465.jpeg
Yeah i was gonna do my spacer lift but after watching it And you really need 2 jacks to do it And you have to remove the axel bolt or you could pull out the axle lol..paid 550$ for 2 inch install and kit total..at OTW in about 3 hours great service by them in Orlando.. worth it to me

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah i was gonna do my spacer lift but after watching it And you really need 2 jacks to do it And you have to remove the axel bolt or you could pull out the axle lol..paid 550$ for 2 inch install and kit total..at OTW in about 3 hours great service by them in Orlando.. worth it to me
I did mine by marking and dropping the lower control arms. Way easier than fighting the axle and compressing the spring enough to work the strut out with the control arm in place.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did mine by marking and dropping the lower control arms. Way easier than fighting the axle and compressing the spring enough to work the strut out with the control arm in place.
Your a better man than me ), I really wanted to but you know doing the axle drop on my cj 5 seemed a bit easier haha..love those live axles..
Sponsored