First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll put that on my list of trails to not go on in Colorado. I’ll visit Telluride from the ground lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I can officially remove that trail from my list. On the other hand, trail turn assist looks like it may come in handy.
I've considered going with the Bronco and using trail turn assist. It would be scary as hell though. Unless it works at a slow speed you're going to have to be moving faster than you want on those switchbacks.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve already totaled one vehicle in a rollover. What’s a second? Black Bear Pass still on the list - even if I have to do it solo bc my wife won’t go. Just a reminder to be as safe as possible and there are inherent risks to going off-road. Every time you decide to go wheeling very well could end up in a totaled vehicle or damage to your vehicle. Once you come to terms with that you’ll have more fun. If you can’t afford to have it totaled or damaged, don’t go off-road.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn't sound like the case here, but some of those narrow mountain roads with the steep drop offs can give certain drivers some real dizzy sensations

Very scary video.

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll put that on my list of trails to not go on in Colorado. I’ll visit Telluride from the ground lol.
I'll do it when there is 5' of snow on the ground. Would be more fun for me to ski it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll do it when there is 5' of snow on the ground. Would be more fun for me to ski it.
Yeah, I can’t snowboard anymore lol hurts my knees too much. Telluride is a great place though.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No chance in hell I would ever drive that route on the edge of a sheer cliff for “fun”. How far down is that fall? Looks like zero chance of survival.

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No chance in hell I would ever drive that route on the edge of a sheer cliff for “fun”. How far down is that fall? Looks like zero chance of survival.
We all have different ideas of fun. We have guys on here who race cars and motorcycles at very high speeds. I used to mess around on race tracks once in a while. I always thought the guys on bikes were crazy. One slick spot and they were sliding. But it was fun to them. Some like to skydive, etc. The key to me is how much control I have over the outcome. It's much less scary if you are in charge of what happens. Black Bear Pass would not be on my list on a rainy day. You can't control the slipping too well.

To answer your question - It's over 1000 feet up at some points. You definitely don't want to go over. The two 70-somethings driving the Jeep in this picture went over the edge on Imogene and tumbled about 450 feet. They both survived surprisingly.

Ford Bronco Black Bear Pass crash Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 8.26.55 AM

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hope for a quick recovery for this woman.

No trails like this for me. 1. I have no experience; 2. I don't have the nerve to try anything like this; 3. I'm getting old and brain farts are more frequent; 4. I fear mechanical failure.

How reliable are these electronic parking brakes? I've always had the manual handbrake, suppose those will wear out eventually.

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How reliable are these electronic parking brakes? I've always had the manual handbrake, suppose those will wear out eventually.
I had a chill when I learned how this one happened. I had left my wife in the Jeep up on the steps portion of the trail to get out for a picture. I had it in park and the emergency brake on, but still... Next time I will have the emergency brake checked before leaving, park it with the wheels set to put it into the wall instead of over the cliff, and have my wife get out with me.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We all have different ideas of fun. We have guys on here who race cars and motorcycles at very high speeds. I used to mess around on race tracks once in a while. I always thought the guys on bikes were crazy. One slick spot and they were sliding. But it was fun to them. Some like to skydive, etc. The key to me is how much control I have over the outcome. It's much less scary if you are in charge of what happens. Black Bear Pass would not be on my list on a rainy day. You can't control the slipping too well.

To answer your question - It's over 1000 feet up at some points. You definitely don't want to go over. The two 70-somethings driving the Jeep in this picture went over the edge on Imogene and tumbled about 450 feet. They both survived surprisingly.

Ford Bronco Black Bear Pass crash Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 8.26.55 AM
That vid looked much more dangerous than racing on a track or skydiving! Driving on the edge of a cliff on loose grave? No thanks lol

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a chill when I learned how this one happened. I had left my wife in the Jeep up on the steps portion of the trail to get out for a picture. I had it in park and the emergency brake on, but still... Next time I will have the emergency brake checked before leaving, park it with the wheels set to put it into the wall instead of over the cliff, and have my wife get out with me.
Yep, drivers getting out, then everyone get out. Don't want to be helpless.

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd do it, my wife would probably opt to walk in a few places, "want me to get out"....: )
That's funny. Here I thought that she wanted to be a spotter. Maybe I had that all wrong! :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored