First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and what do you have planned for those new switches you have?
Been thinking about that, nothing so far. I guess maybe some lights at some point. My compressor clamps on the battery and has its own switch so nothing needed there.
Sponsored

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I finally ordered my Black Diamond. 2.3 manual, roof rack and Bimini top are my only accessories/options. I want something more basic and utilitarian. I am surprised by the number of people on the forum wanting lux package, 12 inch screen, etc., but only judging them a little bit. Haha.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cyber orange 2.3 manual with tow and roof. I wanted steel wheels and manual and this was the best choice for me.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Velocity Blue, 2-Door, with the 2.7 here. That keeps me under $40k MSRP, which I'm happy about. Will make changes via aftermarket parts and custom work after living with it for a while. Will see how long "a while" is.
Scrolling through some old threads and came across this. Had me confused for a bit as a 2-door BD was never an option for me and I had no recollection of making this post. Was I drunk? Did my personality split? Maybe some sort of fugue state?

I know my username is not very original and same goes for my profile pic but "c'mon man!".

spider-man.gif

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s about $3200 more for for the BLs in the same build. I have not seen anything to justify the cost for me personally. I don’t want a High or Lux package so that’s not a factor.
The huge benefit to getting Sasquatch or the badlands is the upgraded suspension and the gearing 4.46 on bad lands and 4.7. On squatch also the axles and locking diffs. Worth a look if you want to go 37’s

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The huge benefit to getting Sasquatch or the badlands is the upgraded suspension and the gearing 4.46 on bad lands and 4.7. On squatch also the axles and locking diffs. Worth a look if you want to go 37’s
Good points, though the BD shares the same 4.46 ratio as the BL. If you want to go 37s, that front diff being the stronger unit in the sasquach would be a good reason to upgrade to it.

Kevin1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Explorer, 67 Mustang, Mercury Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't stand the wait much longer! I have always been a fan of the Black Diamond Package. Placed my order last month. Antimatter Blue Black Diamond 2 door Sasquatch with Mid Package, roof rails and bikini top accessory. 07/15 reservation. My Ford Dealer thinks I have a good chance of getting mine in 2021! I hope he is right! Sold my unreliable Jeep Wrangler TJ over a year ago. My wife and I really miss the fun we had off-roading with the top and doors off! We need our new Black Diamond Bronco now!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hope so! I would hate to have to get seatcovers.
I may end up with seat covers if the MGV gets to hot or makes us sweaty during the 100+ degree months. Or I'll just throw Turkish towels on them like I do with the leather I currently have.

Sponsored
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put in my BD order on Friday (after going back and forth between a Base with a lot of aftermarket changes) and I'm so psyched! It feels so good to have finally made a decision and not have to use the build and price tool for an 80th time lol.
2.3 Auto - 2 door MIC - Area 51 - keypad - floor liners - perfect :)
My dealer talked me out of the sound-deadening liner, but I was thinking of waiting for a heat-mitigating one anyway. I'd been toying with mid package but didn't think I'd get the bang for my buck out of it. And I'm order number 5 at their dealership, and ordered a very standard build, so they told me they expected I'd get it quite early. Yay!
Can't wait to take the top off and learn how to camp properly!

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put my order in last week with Granger.

4 door BD
Cactus Gray
2.3 Auto
Sasquatch
Mid
MIC hard top
Tow Package

At $46.8 I'm almost $2k over what I wanted to spend, but feel confident that I am getting everything I wanted, except for the 2.7. I feel like a bit of an anomoly going 2.3/auto/sas as almost no one has that combo.... From driving my friend's Ranger and from the reviews out at KOH I think it will be adequate, I just hope I don't regret it down the road. To get 2.7 I'm thinking I'd have to drop down to Basesquatch to make it worth it for me, and I really want the washout/MGV and mid package.

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I could have gotten the high package in a Black Diamond, that would have been my build. I'm pretty sure BD with high package would have been the most popular build if it was allowed.

Once I decided I had to have high package, that pushed me to BL based on comparing similar OBX/BL/WT builds. And once I was spending 55k on a BL with high, I said, what's an extra $1500 at that point and added LUX.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of BL/LUX builds went through a similar thought process that I did.

What I really WANT is a sub $50k black diamond with high package!
If BD could have High Package and the 33" BL Pack with front locker I would be set. It would be about $2000 cheaper than the BL version. Perfect, but doesn't exist.

In fact only the BD should have had the 33s Package and the BL should have been Sas only. Add WT as an upgrade to OBX and that would have been a lot better trim layout. More logical anyways. Right now you have a down graded BD rock crawler with no way to get a front locker but go Sas.

Blue Bronco

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boots
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Scrolling through some old threads and came across this. Had me confused for a bit as a 2-door BD was never an option for me and I had no recollection of making this post. Was I drunk? Did my personality split? Maybe some sort of fugue state?

I know my username is not very original and same goes for my profile pic but "c'mon man!".

spider-man.gif
Never seen you before.

Cool story though.

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Put my order in last week with Granger.

4 door BD
Cactus Gray
2.3 Auto
Sasquatch
Mid
MIC hard top

At $46.8 I'm almost $2k over what I wanted to spend, but feel confident that I am getting everything I wanted, except for the 2.7. I feel like a bit of an anomoly going 2.3/auto/sas as almost no one has that combo.... From driving my friend's Ranger and from the reviews out at KOH I think it will be adequate, I just hope I don't regret it down the road. To get 2.7 I'm thinking I'd have to drop down to Basesquatch to make it worth it for me, and I really want the washout/MGV and mid package.
is that $46.8 with your Granger pricing? Did you get $1k or $2k below invoice?
Sponsored