Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I was going to go SAS I would have went base. If I other get a second one it would definetly be some form of SAS. I went non SAS BD because in GA I never got stuck in my 2WD locked ranger and I don't plan on full sending the Bronco any time soon.

Also the lack of carpet in the BD is a huge win for me with my two big ass car ride loving hair shed factory dogs.
Sponsored

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We went BD for the washout capability. If it is supposed to be an offroad vehicle then it should be easy to clean. Didn't really get into the number crunching semantics, it's what she wanted, it's our first custom order, she got what she wanted. We'll figure out the financials when we need to.

OP
OP
BigDaddySquatch

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BD is $39.5K (2022 price)
Base is $32.9K (2022)

Sasquatch adds $7400 to the Base price to make it $40.3k

So for $800 more you get a front locker and a far more capable suspension. And worse gas mileage, and cloth instead of MGV.

So while I think that $7400 is a lot of money for the Sasquatch package, as HoosierDaddy says, the $4500 Big Bend tax is a huge obstacle to overcome. You are basically paying four and a half grand for the privilege of spending more money on options.

I'd really like a rear locker (honestly I'd prefer a limited slip) but to add a rear locker you need to pay an extra $5300 over the Base price (and get a way uglier grill) That's just not worth it for me.
But you are looking at Base Sas vs. BD Non-SAS. Thos are completely different animals. In order to make them comparable, you either have to add SAS to the BD or put about $6k in lift, wheels and tires. on it.

OP
OP
BigDaddySquatch

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also initially ordered a Black Diamond. It sounded so good with the vinyl seats, wash out interior, rear locker, steel bumpers, etc. But it had the slightly smaller tires and then thinking about how I don't really like the "hot" leather seats in my C6 Corvette, I started to re-think that I wanted cloth seats. So when it came time to order I went with a Base Sasquatch 2.7. Very happy with my decision.
Have you received your BaseSquatch yet? If so, how is the cloth interior in the Base?

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was torn between Base sas and Black Diamond. Base SAS 2.7 MIC Mod Bumper AUX Switches was only like 1400 less than BD non sasquatch with Mid Package 2.7 MIC so i went that route and couldnt be happier. Ill add larger tires later maybe and the badlands takeoff suspenion but the interior of the black diamond sold me on the package plus the mid package goodies. Rear locker is nice. I would probably never use front locker So i didnt didnt feel like i was losing much and gaining a lot more by going BD

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was torn between Base sas and Black Diamond. Base SAS 2.7 MIC was only like 1400 less than BD non sasquatch with Mid Package 2.7 MIC so i went that route and couldnt be happier. Ill add larger tires later maybe, but the interior of the black diamond sold me on the package. Rear locker is nice. I would probably never use front locker either.
The reality is that 95% of people who went SAS will never actually need a front locker and did it so that they would have a lifted bronco with big tires from the factory that looks like the jeep their buddy has.

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The reality is that 95% of people who went SAS will never actually need a front locker and did it so that they would have a lifted bronco with big tires from the factory that looks like the jeep their buddy has.
Indeed. I edited my post too to add a few more thoughts as well but overall I love it. First black diamond my dealer got in, and they were impressed with it as well.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As far as the M210 goes, it's a nice to have the option of a front locker, but I think that the stronger front differential is the real selling point there.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
95% of people that say this, come from a State that sees snow once every five years.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

95% of people that say this, come from a State that sees snow once every five years.
Wide tires and lockers are a false sense of security for snow. Going to be interesting when people realize SAS package is a down grade for rain/ice/snow on pavement. Spent some time in Iowa and your dry powder snow is very different from wet west coast snow. Neither are better handled by wider tires and traction aids.

I passed on the SAS package because I wanted to replace most of what comes with it. Once the aftermarket catches up, I will be self SAS with upgraded parts.

Sponsored

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i went BD but mostly because heated seats and the leather wrapped steering wheel were a requirement for me. as far as SAS goes I would have liked it (based on looks alone) but i'm cheap.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you received your BaseSquatch yet? If so, how is the cloth interior in the Base?
Yes I have in April of this year. I love the cloth interior. The material is nice and the seats super comfortable. To me the base is "loaded".

Call me crazy and very old school I would prefer even a more "base" model if it were offered. Say just FM stereo, roll down windows. I would want the Sasquatch or just the suspension and 35" tires, rear locker only and most important the part time 4WD drive system, without the GOAT modes. My biggest complaint is that the front differential and drive shaft turn all of the time with the advanced 4WD system. Other than that I love the darn thing!

Grift3r

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base if you want to do your own customizing, BD if you just want to get in and drive.
I love my base, and the hobby of putting it together with the things I want, but I know thats not for everyone.

OP
OP
BigDaddySquatch

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine will be mostly a daily driver with an occasional trip to the trails. I mainly want the look of the lift and larger tires. I am going back and forth between doing a Base Sas or BD Non-Sas (but adding lift, wheels, tires aftermarket). The difference in price is about $8k (BD with mods is higher). I am just having trouble paying the extra money for vinyl interior and MID package.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine will be mostly a daily driver with an occasional trip to the trails. I mainly want the look of the lift and larger tires.
Everybody has the SAS though. Yes, it's a bigger look, but they are a dime a dozen. You see them everywhere. What is rare to see are those beautiful black steelies!
Sponsored