Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m disappointed with the Bronco, what you did should not have broken the CV. Maybe the combination of the lift with regular wheeling is just too much wear on the CV. Please post the damage after you tear it apart, I know I’m very curious to see the wear and damage.
My assumption is that it got wore down throughout the year and was barely holding together.... Then decided to grenade itself on that hill.....
Sponsored

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having snapped an axle shaft myself, the most infuriating thing is not being able to keep it in 4WD and having to get towed the rest of the trail.

I wonder if pulling fuse #29 would actually keep it in 4WD in these scenarios.
Hmmm, I'll look into that. 3 wheel drive I could of drove out of there.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get rid of the spacers, go to a more moderate lift of about 2" with coil overs and I'll bet most of your problems will go away.
I'm wondering if going from spacers to stiffer coilovers that would have less droop would do the trick.

Sponsored

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm wondering if going from spacers to stiffer coilovers that would have less droop would do the trick.
I'm thinking that would help a lot, I've never been a fan of puck lifts. But if you stay with a 5" lift even with coilovers your still putting a lot of wear on your CV's and also your rack if you haven't upgraded it.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking that would help a lot, I've never been a fan of puck lifts. But if you stay with a 5" lift even with coilovers your still putting a lot of wear on your CV's and also your rack if you haven't upgraded it.
With the diff drop and the taller A arm, my stock ride angles are pretty good. I think it's that I droop to far... Probably doesn't help that I always disconnect my stab bar off-road.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe the headline should say “I failed my Bronco using a cheap lift“

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With the diff drop and the taller A arm, my stock ride angles are pretty good. I think it's that I droop to far... Probably doesn't help that I always disconnect my stab bar off-road.
The diff drop will help but 5" of lift is pretty hard to compensate for! That's just the nature of the beast when your dealing with IFS! That's where portals come in, but that's simply out of most people's price range. I know the big lifts are all the rage, ( I don't get it) but I think you'd be better off going to about a 2" lift, a lot easier on things!

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The diff drop will help but 5" of lift is pretty hard to compensate for! That's just the nature of the beast when your dealing with IFS! That's where portals come in, but that's simply out of most people's price range. I know the big lifts are all the rage, ( I don't get it) but I think you'd be better off going to about a 2" lift, a lot easier on things!
I like the clearance in the snow.... I'd rather keep breaking things haha. I'll just keep upgrading components. Some coilovers and then RCV shafts. Maybe some limiting straps.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am agreed with the droop statement. I've seen what happens when the axles get extended like that. I'm surprised they can even function at those angles.

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am agreed with the droop statement. I've seen what happens when the axles get extended like that. I'm surprised they can even function at those angles.
I don't think they function well for very long.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well this one lasted about 8 months....
Yeah, I'd be doing something different! You said you thought it might also be from running your sway bar disconnect, it might be part of the problem. But there are guys I know that have removed their sway bar completely that haven't blown CV's but they aren't running huge lifts either.
Sponsored