Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Bronco21fan, don't worry about, take a chill pill, if it is going to happen is going to happen; there's not a Damm thing you can do to prevent it and when n if happens, then back to the dealer, why is everyone sweating bullets....
People are sweating bullets cause itā€™s probably going to be a couple months without your bronco cause of parts shortage and I was told my engine was built on Nov 15 so hopefully Iā€™m good all the blown engines been early builds so far June threw September

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Bronco21fan, don't worry about, take a chill pill, if it is going to happen is going to happen; there's not a Damm thing you can do to prevent it and when n if happens, then back to the dealer, why is everyone sweating bullets....
Because while overlanding through the Mojave or out in the middle of Moab is a really f'ing inconvenient time to find out that your vehicle had a known problem that could have been addressed earlier.

Things like this have at a minimum, significant costs in time and money to address and that could in some cases leave people stranded with few resources in the middle of nowhere. At worst, they have the potential to place people in harms way, depending on the situation.

Also, Ford isn't going to pay for towing your dead Bronco down black bear pass.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If something unfortunate like this happens, there are group members who think the sky is falling. Although it is very upsetting for an individual like the OP, and I would be very sad/upset if something happened to my Bronco, that doesn't mean that the issue is significant for the entire population.

No. I have already addressed the statistical significance of these events with a terribly designed data analysis using made up data from this forum that people are using to assume this is a really big issue. Made up data proves nothing. Anecdotal evidence provided on an internet forum is not good data. Mechanical parts can and do break down. I had a 2004 6.0L diesel f250 - ask me how I know. No recall on that one, either.
Come on now this forum wouldnā€™t exist were it not for anecdotal evidence. Look how many people are convinced the vast majority of dealers are going to screw people with ADM because of a small handful of stories out of 3,000 dealers

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Things like this have at a minimum, significant costs in time and money to address and that could in some cases leave people stranded with few resources in the middle of nowhere. At worst, they have the potential to place people in harms way, depending on the situation.
When a manufacturer has ready access to factual info - and they will not share it with customers - one has to ask....is the manufacturer trying to benefit themselves, or their customers?

This is a good illustration of why Ford will never succeed in a "customer-direct" world. Ford's lived for 100 years with dealers kissing their ass to get product; they have zero concept of catering to actual customers.

DoubleADuster

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because while overlanding through the Mojave or out in the middle of Moab is a really f'ing inconvenient time to find out that your vehicle had a known problem that could have been addressed earlier.

100% agree. The anxiety is real for me after seeing what others have reported.

I just bought a 45k vehicle and I can not take a 700 mile road trip without the anxiety of potential failure. Being stranded in another state is not a fun prospect to consider.

I shouldnā€™t feel the same way taking this Bronco out as I do my 94 f-150 with 230k miles.

Iā€™m at 1,200 miles on my 2.7 and have had no issues, including on the 13 hour 700 mile drive that I just completed, which included a few hours of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.

@mpeugeot,the 2.7 thread is worth it. Luckily I have had nothing to add to it. Thanks you.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I suspect the statistical liklihood of engine failure is just not that high, especially when compared to auto accidents and other issues that could arrise.

I would be aware, but not change my life around such a statistically insignificant occurance.

It's sucks for the few it did happen to though. My sister had this happen with her brand new Subaru. Engine failure at around 1,500 miles.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Both 2.3 and 2.7 motors are good motors, the number of issues are really minimal in the big picture. I had a buddy with a new Mustang with the 5.0 and the cam phasers went our in less than 1000 miles, Ford fixed it and ran fine ever since. Sure its and inconvenience but the vehicles today are far better than the ā€œgood old days.ā€

4wJive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure about how this individual has been driving their vehicle but I have
been seeing a lot of people on Youtube tearing up their brand new vehicle, with out a break-in period. Doing hard accelerations, Towing, driving thousand mile highway runs right out of the dealership, blasting in the dirt, burnoutsā€¦etc. The owners manual says specifically ā€œYour vehicle requires a break-in periodā€ (page 297)and lays out how to do that. Could this be a factor in some of these engine failures?? Also, I have heard it said that one reason Toyotas donā€™t usually break axels etc is because they have smaller wheel diameters (less mechanical leverage to break an axle and tie-rods.) Just something to think about.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Exactly! Makes you really have to think if you should drive the car you want to drive or take another car (if you have that luxury). Do I drive my Bronco over 400 miles one way across the state of Nevada to get to an event I can't miss or be on the safe side and drive the other car? Kinda sucks having to even contemplate it. And don't say it can happen to any car. Of course that is true. But when you have knowledge that could prevent a major hassle don't you use it to avoid the problem?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dec 23rd started off with a wonderful, wet morning in Hollister Hills OHV park, but on the way home, it turned ugly quick. Came to a stop at a light, the engine abruptly quit, which is odd since I had engaged the off button for the auto stop/start for the engine. I tried to restart the engine and it sound like only two cylinders were getting spark. shut it all off, tried to restart, nothing. So I was towed to our local Ford dealership. a few hours went by then I got the call. It sucked in a valve and destroyed a piston. The dealer took pictures and is asking Ford for authorization to replace the engine. I had a whopping 2,024 miles on it when this happened in stop and go traffic. Heartbroken to say the least.

bronco towed.jpeg

rain trail 1.jpeg
Hi there ā€“ send a message to us with your VIN and full name. Iā€™ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi there ā€“ send a message to us with your VIN and full name. Iā€™ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Dear FMC,

Much thanks your post and taking note of this. As you know, the Bronco community has seen many reports like this with 2.7L engines damaged by dropped valves and so forth - needing full engine replacement.

Of course the Bronco community is concerned and highly interested to know the scope of the problem - how widespread, how often - "will my engine be okay" - many questions like these. Of course owners are concerned about engine failure out in the wild.

Nationwide, can you please give us some info how many Bronco 2.7 engines have failed this way so far ? Are the failures confined to a known range of engine build-dates ? Is this no longer a problem in the current 2.7L engine production ?

Regards,
B6g Community

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure the engine manufacture date, but a certain custom orange bronco had it's replacement engine blow up upon start-up not long ago.... There most certainly is a problem.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi,

Glad to see that you found the thread, so will Ford provide road side assistance on mountain passes and shelf roads in Colorado? Asking for a friend.
Sponsored